Photo

select language and save a game message ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hotdoglove

Hotdoglove
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hey all. I have been toying with a mod build using EEmod. I following directions and everything was installing fine. I even managed to install a full game with no issues. I however forgot to add a mod I have been wanting to try so I did a clean install and now i get a message half way through saying to select a language and save a game. I read on other forums this is due to being out of date. My current version is 2.5.17 on windows. Why is this suddenly happening when it worked fine before ?

Sorry to keep posting here. I try to figure this out on my own but I am stupped.

My version is GOG BGEE and BG2ee

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:23 AM

Multiple reasons... all end likely that you did things wrong.

When you install the game, you need to run it to be able to later modify it. This selects the ingamelanguage among other things. Always been like this, but the mods that you install might have been that old that it doesn't figure out the new way the language is selected...

Sorry to keep posting here. I try to figure this out on my own but I am stupped.

You know, you have a topic... so you can stay on it and post other questions you have in this very topic.

Edited by The Imp, 16 April 2019 - 01:23 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:48 AM

No need to apologize and also, opening a thread per request is just fine.

What do you mean with you get a "message half way through"? If you have a clean install, the first mod should ask you which language you are planning to play the game in. If this happens after you already installed several mods then that would be strange, indeed.