Arath Romance Conflicts

Arath; romance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keiawyn

Keiawyn
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

I've been trying to find out if there are any conflicts for Arath with regards to romance. Aside from Arath I also have Kelsey, Anomen, and Aura in my party. All three of them are romanceable by a female PC. I don't plan to flirt or pursue romance with any of them, but I know for some NPCs (*cough cough Anomen*) just being friendly and making decisions they approve of is enough to get their romance track started.
Will any of these romances conflict with Arath, and cause his romance to suddenly end? When I had the Kivan mod installed, his romance suddenly tanked when Anomen got the hots for my character.
Is there a way for me to check Arath's romance status (ie. "ArathRomanceActive" or something like that)?

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

The Anomen romance was clearly coded wiht the knowledge that it was the only active romance, with the variable going to "committed" although there is no indication in the dialogue at several instances. I don't see the Arath mod taking care of this, so it could happen that Arath and Anomen both think the Anomen romance to be the active one although the PC isn't aware of it. To be sure, try to let Anomen down gently soon.

There don't seem to be any conflict with Kelsey. Aura I don't know, at least there is no conflict in the Arath mod.

The variable for romance status is "LK#ArathRomanceActive": "1"=flirt, "2"=committed, "3"= romance broken.

#3 Keiawyn

Keiawyn
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

Thanks so much!! :) I will have to keep an eye on Arath's romance level with Anomen in the party, then. I think last time I just kicked him out of the party to avoid dealing with it. Lol I figured Anomen would be the more likely problem, rather than Kelsey.