[done] Need help with translations: Polish, Chinese

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

For the next version of Edwin Romance, compatibility of final Solar dialogue and also with other mods will be improved.

For this, some lines where spitted into two, including an original Edwin line from the game. I would need help with French, Russian, and Chinese translations.

Please note: for Russian and Chinese, there is still a whole file that needs translation (325 lines).

For French, posting the translation here is sufficient, but for Russian and Chinese, I would need to send you the files and would need you to send me the correctly konverted files back.

First change:

Spoiler

Second change, this line from the game needs to be splitted into two:

Spoiler

Third change (Chinese only):

Remove the "Edwin." from @0 in ertol.tra.

Edited by jastey, 03 December 2019 - 11:23 AM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

Hm, I just noticed the Polish translation is not finished, several files are missing.

For Russian and Chinese, the ToB Flirts are not translated (325 lines).

I will add the missing files in English for the next version. Translations welcome.

#3 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

The French lines:

@16= ~Quoi ? Pourquoi me regardes-tu ainsi ? Allez, accapare-toi ce pouvoir.~

@17 = ~C'était ton but, non ? (Je n'ai pas suivi cet insupportable primate jusqu'ici pour rien ! Sinon, à quoi bon ?)~ [EDWI2513] ~C'était ton but, non ? (Je n'ai pas suivi cette insupportable primate jusqu'ici pour rien ! Sinon, à quoi bon ?)~ [EDWI2513]

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:39 AM

Thank you! French and Russian is done.

#5 Cykuta_Again

Cykuta_Again
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hey!

I'm the person who translated Edwin Romance to Polish all those years ago, and only just saw this topic by complete accident.

(Had to make a new account because I can't remember the password and I don't have the email I used with the old account, either!)

I'm sad and quite embarrassed to hear there's anything lacking in it. Also, absolutely willing to help, though that help would have to happen somewhere around September.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

That would be great! The mod is not going anywhere. I'll release the next update in some weeks, and if the Polish translation gets completed in September then that would be great!

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your account problem. If there's an admin around, your two accounts could be merged.

#7 Cykuta_Again

Cykuta_Again
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

Great! Just let me know what exactly needs to be done. It was all quite some time (and several laptops) ago, so I don't have a clue right now. But I still remember the hilarious content in Edwin Romance and if I did a shoddy job all those years ago, I definitely want to correct that.

#8 Cykuta_Again

Cykuta_Again
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:20 AM

OK, so the site is back up and I have time to work on the mod, let's do this.

#9 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:46 AM

Great! I think the files that is still in English was added later tbh. Do you want me to link you the current package or something?

Edited by jastey, 13 September 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#10 Cykuta_Again

Cykuta_Again
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

Yes please! I'm very rusty on how the things actually worked, so I sort of need my nose pointed at the text. However, I'm a pretty damn good translator, so there's that.

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:01 AM

Great, I'll link you to it soon, hopefully tomorrow.