Instalation Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

I tried to install this mod and got this error:

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [darian/dialogue/bt1dar.d]: Failure("resource [BVIVON.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

abort istall

downloaded version 2.4 from here

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

I have a high suspicion that this is supposed to be "BVICON.dlg" for Viconia's banter dialogue but I didn't look at the mod itself.

#3 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

So no way to fix error then?

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

Hmm, I can't find "BVIVON" in the bt1dar.d -file, so you might have missedited it, if that's the case, redownload the archive, delete the one in your game directory and re-extract the mod files, and try to reinstall.

Spoiler

Edited by The Imp, 17 May 2020 - 07:07 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:50 PM

I deleted all said files that were extracted with his base file. Tried to re-install, same error. I did notice that Darian is a .rar file and not a exe file, does that make any difference?

Psi

#6 Adia

Adia
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

Bringing up this old topic, but I have the same issue.  Though my file is spelt correctly (unlike the first post).  Error message:

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BVICON.DLG] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [darian/dialogue/bt1dar.d]: Failure("resource [BVICON.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.