Baldur's Gate Trilogy v1.21

info release

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#81 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

One question regarding TutuGUI, is it still incompatible with TOBEX because it won't allow scrolling past 9 kits and scrolling on priest and wizard spell books when you reach limit of displayed spells even with recent patches and improvements to it? 

#82 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:35 PM

One question regarding TutuGUI, is it still incompatible with TOBEX because it won't allow scrolling past 9 kits and scrolling on priest and wizard spell books when you reach limit of displayed spells even with recent patches and improvements to it? 

The buttons are there, they just show up as invisible.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#83 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:25 AM

The buttons are there, they just show up as invisible.

Comforting but tad inconvenient. Thanks for answer Jarno. 

#84 chuft

chuft
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

Well this is interesting

ogGzpK2.png

LtwwOAE.png

jyST17F.png

7anzO9E.png

I wonder why these would suddenly trip an alarm in Webroot? 

#85 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

WeiDu has a long history of false-positive alarms of anti-virus software.

#86 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:50 AM

I wonder why these would suddenly trip an alarm in Webroot? 

Webroot wanted to hear the ka-ching in it's coffers. And wasn't payed. Aka get ridd of such a shotty programmed program, it's a virus itself. See, it checks if a program has "suspicious code" rather than actually verified virus code. And then it checks if the programmer that is listed as it's maker payed it to be released as "non-suspicious". The list is longer than the suspicious code list. Yeah, this is how very many anti-virus programs are coded, ka-ching.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#87 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:46 AM

hello, any new?

Edited by Arthas, 14 April 2020 - 08:02 AM.

#88 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:27 AM

Suggestion to add also this mod: http://www.shsforums...ated-creatures/

#89 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

Suggestion to add also this mod: http://www.shsforums...ated-creatures/

Already a component of TobEx:

TobEx gives the option of allowing the player to talk to charmed or dominated creatures and preventing charmed and dominated creatures from losing their soundset.

#90 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:16 PM

Didn't know that. Thanks a lot.

#91 Emeric

Emeric
  • 2 posts

Donator

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:41 AM

Hi modders,

First of all, thanks so much for your work on the Infinity Engine games. I recently got the urge to replay BGT and was delighted to find everything still available.

I had the following trouble with my installation. I solved the problem myself, but I thought I would mention it here in case anyone else can benefit from it.

The last time I failed to install BGT, the problem was some custom configuration I had set up for my Windows shell (i.e. Windows Command Prompt, or "cmd.exe"). New cmd.exe instances were configured to set their working directory to a fixed location, namely "d:\". By default, the working directory would be inherited from the process that started the particular cmd.exe instance. For BGT, that process was setup-bgt.exe (or some other process started by setup-bgt.exe). When setup-bgt.exe was run, files that should have been written into the BG game directory (or a subdirectory of it) were instead written into "d:\". The BGT installation would fail because it could not find files it thought it had written into the game directory.

The solution was to temporarily remove the custom configuration from cmd.exe. In the Windows registry, I changed "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Command Processor/" from "echo off & cd /d d:\" to "echo off", ran the installation, then changed it back. This worked perfectly.

I don't know if this is worth a line in the FAQ or a code change to guard against. Do as you wish with the information, and thanks again.

#92 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:30 PM

The solution was to temporarily remove the custom configuration from cmd.exe.

Temporarily ? Why the hell. Permanently is far better, so you can actually do what you like, and not be tied up by a freakout in the system. This is unless the system is not your own, in which case you shouldn't install things in those kind of systems AT ALL.

#93 Emeric

Emeric
  • 2 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

I have actually reverted to "echo off" as my only autorun command :new_thumbs:

#94 Azdul

Azdul
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:54 AM

Polish language translation, setup.tra:

@700000 = ~Rozdział Pierwszy/Prolog:~

The line is too long, and does not fit into standard GUI (tested in 800x600 resolution).

Last character does not fit into the text box.

I wonder if there is anything that can be done about it:

- In classic BG 1 the first chapter is simply called "Prolog"

- We could use grammatically correct shorter form: "Roz. Pierwszy/Prolog" - but it looks ugly

- "Rozdział Pierwszy" looks fine, but it would be different from other language versions ...

Please let me know what you guys think about it.

Edited by Azdul, 24 June 2020 - 01:54 AM.

#95 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:12 AM

The issue is that prologue in BG1 is not the same as chapter 1. In fact in BGT all chapters are shifted. BG1 chapter 1 is chapter 2 in BGT.

I like 3rd option, just "Rozdział Pierwszy".

#96 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:53 AM

That's right. I've already changed these for all languages (part of a bigger game text and translation revision I'm doing).

#97 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:52 AM

Will finishing touch be released with the update of BGT?

#98 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:32 AM

Probably a bit later.

#99 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

Probably a bit later.

... Arthas asked if any upcoming update was coming to be BOTH BGT-weidu and EE one, not "when", which is what you seem to answer there.

I have actually reverted to "echo off" as my only autorun command :new_thumbs:

Which means you can't actually just see what happens in the dos-window/command -prompt. Bad idea. But it's better than redirecting the folder, to address&access unknown...

#100 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:36 AM

Probably a bit later.

... Arthas asked if any upcoming update was coming to be BOTH BGT-weidu and EE one, not "when", which is what you seem to answer there.

nope. He answered perfectly what I was looking for. Thanks for the reply Skellytz

Edited by Arthas, 24 June 2020 - 10:36 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: info, release