Photo

v1.20: Bugs, Issues, Solutions and Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skellytz

skellytz
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:47 AM

I've set up an unofficial fork on GitHub for non-arbitrary, transparent fix candidates to be considered for the v1.21 release. Please feel free to contribute in any way you can by adding more necessary fixes or reporting issues in this thread.

Current changes since v1.20

* Restored the classic BG1 area spawns based on the correct formula adjusted for the BG2 engine:
BGT used a spawn group system devised by King Diamond back in the early days. Unfortunately, without all the research data and tools available today, the author had made incorrect assumptions regarding the area spawn points. King Diamond's system erroneously spawned all the creatures from the given spawn point slots together at the same time, which resulted in strange combinations of a fixed number of monsters, rather than same-type creatures in scaling numbers.

No. of spawns = (Spawn Difficulty * Avg. Party Lvl * Party Size) / Creature Power Lvl (with results rounded down)

Note: Each spawn point has an individual spawning cap which effectively limits the actual number of spawned creatures. Use BGT Spawn Tweak to normalize and configure the spawn points.

* Restored a patrolling Watcher in Candlekeep:
A missing StartTimer (ID: 3) prevented a patrolling Watcher (WATCH3.cre) from spawning in Candlekeep (AR0015.are).

* Fixed closing the barracks door by the patrolling Watcher in Candlekeep:
MoveToPoint coordinates had to be slightly adjusted to get CloseDoor to work properly.

* Fixed line endings in compiled scripts (thanks to chuft):
Compiled scripts (BS, BCS) require LF line endings. The AI scripts AGEN.bs and APASS.bs used CR LF, which the game engine failed to read. (More info)

Changes soon to be added

* Corrected the spawns in the "waylaid by enemies" random encounters (thanks to chuft):
The spawns in these encounters were based on the area actor schedule, i.e., different creatures spawned depending on the in-game time of the day. An engine bug caused two separate groups of creatures to be spawned in the waylaid encounters: first using the time of the day when the player exited the previous area and second accounting for the time it took to travel to the ambush area. (More info)

Bugs, engine limitations and arbitrary changes addressed by other mods

This section is mostly for players who use BGT as a BG1 engine update rather than a megamod staple and feel it strays too far from the classic BG1 aesthetics.

TobEx:
* Allow talking to charmed creatures
* Unpause the game on the inventory screen
* Restore BG1 level one proficiency restrictions

Known issue: excessive saving throw / magic resistance messages in the dialogue box (cosmetic)

BGT Tweak Pack:
* Restore BG1 item prices, stack sizes, lore requirements, scroll casting level, and other properties

* Disable hostile reaction after charm

Restored BG1 Textscreen Music

The Tweaks Anthology:
* Restore BG1 weapon proficiency system

* Restore BG1 item ground icons

* Remove the summoning cap

BG1 Unfinished Business:
* Restore missing or cut BG1 content (areas, creatures, dialogues, items, quests, stores, etc.)

Replacement lightmaps for Baldur's Gate city

* Correct indoor and outdoor (night only) lightmaps based on the perceived ambient lighting for the area

LadeJarl's BG1 Stone GUI

(+ mxtu's fixes)

Infinity Animations (WIP):
* Restore BG1 character animations

1PP (WIP):
* Restore BG1 paperdolls

* Restore BG1 inventory icons

Infinity Sounds (unreleased - WIP):
* Restore BG1 sound effects

* Resolve BG1 soundset issues (more info #1, specific #2)

* Restore BG1 creature missing morale break, damage, dying, selection, rare and existance sounds

* Restore BG1 creature existance sound delay (more info)

* Restore BG1 rare right-click selection sounds (more info)

BGT Finishing Touch (unreleased - WIP):
* Restore the classic BG1 font and golden headers

* Bigger BG1 font (from TotSC CD)

* Restore BG1 creature palette colors (bears, dogs, wolves, spiders)

* Restore BG1 summoned skeleton colors

* Restore BG1 Fireball animation

* Restore BG1 Dimension Door animation and sound effect

Edited by skellytz, 07 August 2019 - 04:25 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4810 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

BG1 GUI in Widescreen HD

This is for BG1, BGT-weidu has it's very own GUI mod made available during install of the main mod, and you can run it via the setup-GUI.exe ... and unlike the cheese mod you have here, it should be installed before Widescreen mod, so that will expand the correct parts of the images, but the BGT-weidu parts work also with the Widescreen mod already installed... it's magic, as in, I have no idea how it does this, but it can. The other parts of the setup-GUI.exe don't get this magic, cause they alter the GUI in less repeating manner(SoS, TDD, CtB, TS) and you can only access them if you install their main mod(the mod in the former brackets), that add their content to the setup-GUI.tp2 during install, just like the BGT-weidu does.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 chuft

chuft
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

I continue to encounter strange bugs.  The first one was when I was talking to Prism for the first time; Kagain was down to 37 out of 75 hit points.  When the conversation ended and the fight with Greywolf began, Kagain suddenly was at full hit points.  I tried to reproduce this (the game had been saved right before the convo) but failed - it only happened one time out of four.  Still, odd.

After defeating Mulahey, I could not leave the Mines via the exit to the Valley of the Tombs.  The wheel icon appeared, but clicking on it just made the characters go to the spot I clicked.  I re-entered Mulahey's cave and came back out, and now the exit to the Valley worked.  Not sure why it wouldn't work the first time.

Most consistently, lots of saves seem to be listed when enemies save versus spells.  Casting Command for example will show the enemy saving at least twice if they succeed.  This seems peculiar.

In the assassin battle in the Valley for example, I often saw huge numbers of saves versus a spell.  Here is an example of Tiax casting a Silence.  It can't even fit all the saves, but each character not Silenced saved six times.  The same thing happened earlier when Viconia tried to Silence the group.  Tons of saves each against one spell.

I do not know why this editor keeps right justifying this picture no matter what I do to change it.

14psFl6.png

Edited by chuft, 06 August 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#4 Vlan

Vlan
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:45 PM

The text messages are a bug with the latest version of TobEx, afaik.

#5 chuft

chuft
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:27 AM

Are there any other known bugs with TobEx? Like phantom keystrokes for example?