• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm wondering about BG1 areas accessibility from BG2 journey in BGT. Is it possible to create such mod? Unfortunately I'm not a modder (but I have technical knowledge) so I could try to do this on my BGT copy. However, could you guide me how to achive this?

In more details, I would like to enable travelling between all BG1 and BG2 location. As I understand map is shared and BG1 locations are visible during BG2 gameplay, but team cannot travel to them. This change should not be so hard, right? I think that locations could be left in the same state before leaving BG1. Note that I don't want to enable BG2 locations before BG1.

What do you think about this idea?

Thanks,
Robert

Edited by skellytz, 26 March 2023 - 06:36 AM.
topic tags

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:59 AM

I'm wondering about BG1 areas accessibility from BG2 journey in BGT. Is it possible to create such mod?
Yes.
I once promised to make such mod, a LONG time ago. I never did. It gets a bit complicated, with a need to test it after BGT-weidu and other such things.
Technically, all you have to do is to add a link from Amns Gate district into say the Nashkel Mines map. But the weidu functions to do this are a lot harder than I first deduced, and I had a lot of other ideas I lost intress on over the times.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for reply!

Yes.

Great to hear that. I could try to make this mod, however I'm not sure what tools I should use. Can you recommend something to edit existing BGT and modify content in weidu format? I saw some tutorials on this forum, however it is hard to choose the best one to start.

Second question is: do you know which BGT github repository is the latest one to contribute? I found Ascension64, skellytz and SpellholdStudios repositories but I'm not sure where the code is aligned and up-to-date.

Thanks,

Robert

Edit: The official SHS GitHub repository and the latest version can be found here.

Edited by skellytz, 23 March 2023 - 05:38 PM.
updated with the link to the official GitHub repository

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question