Invalid_argument ("index out of bounds)"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cephei

Cephei
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Evenin', all! Hope everyone's doing all right, especially after the NYE! ♥

After wrapping up my yet-another BG1:EE playthrough, I immediately chose to jump into BG2:EE (feat. all the mods), but I seem to be running into a problem with Edwin Romance. Now, I won't play without it – it's the best-written mod romance out there – so I'm asking for help here. As the installer itself had suggested, funnily enough. What's making me queasy is that around 1-2 years ago, it was installing & working fine. 

Here's what's the installer's saying, actually. I'm using the standard WeiDU installer:

4f3c107ccccdf06e81b977fd6d3a6712588d8107

Some digging revealed that the installer's trying to compile player1.dlg and failing for some reason. I checked the player1.dlg, and it's already been successfully modified by other mods (Amber NPC), so I'm lost as to why ER's not installing. I tried pulling out the game out of steamapp/common path, uninstalling Amber NPC and downgrading ER's installer version, but the error's still there. Any ideas or help?

Attaching the DEBUG and my WeiDU log for reference. 

Attached Files

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:15 AM

Not player1.dlg, but Balthazar's (BALTH2) (inside the mentioned .d-file). This seems to be an incompatibility with the new Ascension version. I need to investigate. Thanks for the report.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:37 AM

Oh, this was easier than I thought. Due to the revised Solar interjection in the new Edwin Romance version, the compatibility code with Ascension /Wheels of profecy is no longer needed.

The following script block needs to be removed from the setup-edwinromance.tp2:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~balth2.dlg~ BEGIN // Ascension
    OUTER_SET fl#balth2state = 13
    ACTION_IF !FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME finbalth.cre AND // Ascension but hopefully nothing else
              MOD_IS_INSTALLED wheels.tp2 0 BEGIN // Wheels of Prophecy
      OUTER_SET fl#balth2state = 6
    END
    COMPILE EVAL ~edwin/dlg/asccomp.d~
  END

Attached please finde the updated tp2. Replace the current one in your game folder with this one, and the mod should install fine.

Attached Files

#4 Cephei

Cephei
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:28 AM

Oh, it was the newest version of Ascension causing problems! Replaced the .tp2 file, and it worked like a charm, thank you so much, Jastey!  :shifty: