• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:52 PM

The BP-BGT-Mod updates to v10.2.6!

Note: for this version, you also need the updated Language AddOns v9.0.0.

The mod is also available from SHS's official GitHub mirror.

Download from SHS Download Site.

Changelog:

version 10.2.6

- added new bpbgtmap.BAM für bgt and ee that includes BST Mapicon (on slot 29 resp 28 if counted from 0).
- added "changelog_v10-2-4_and higher.txt" to main mod folder.

version 10.2.5

- Compatibility with 'Sensible Entrance Points' from Tweaks Anthology (thanks CamDawg!).

version 10.2.4

- corrected area names for DSotSC areas (areas should be named correctly and should all have names on the worldmap).
- corrected area visibility for ntotsc (areas should have the same visibility on worldmap as in original mod).
- added changelog.txt file.
- renamed folder to "bp-bgt-worldmap".
- moved setup-bp-bgt-worldmap.tp2 inside mod folder.
- added bp-bgt-worldmap.ini with mod info meta data.

Edited by jastey, 23 December 2020 - 09:30 AM.
update new version (10.2.5à

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

the mod is now compatible with BGT as well as BGT.
Well, it was before this update already, so what are you trying to say ? Yeah, a funny typo. EET is what you are trying to ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:07 AM

Gods, I was so tired yesterday. You don't wanna know what else I mixed up in that post. Thanks, will correct.

Because: that line is for DSotSC, not the Worldmap mod..

Edited by jastey, 08 January 2020 - 01:08 AM.

#4 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

When are you supposed to install the worldmap? Only when you install big mods? 

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:30 AM

When are you supposed to install the worldmap? Only when you install big mods? 
Well, when you need it. TDD + SoS + BGT-weidu + etc. mods require it when you install two of them into the same game, as all of them edit the worldmap... but only their own parts, so installing two cheeses either or actually both.
Or you could just check the pinned topics, and find:
from the ReadMe
This mod replaces the ingame worldmap with a large, new worldmap. It is used especially for the Megamodification (BGT, TDD, SOS, CtB, TS, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH, Drizzt Saga...) or partial installations of the Megamodification.

Edited by The Imp, 15 January 2020 - 08:31 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:41 AM

There are mods that need it - basically all that add areas to the BGT worldmap, the Worldmap mod should be installed after. It should be mentioned in the readme, at least for the newer mods.

#7 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for answering.
Curiosity: what if I install both Coi mods from lava? Referring to southern edge and The ooze lounge.

I don't see any requirements section inside Southern edge and that one is supposed to add an area to the map.

Edited by Arthas, 15 January 2020 - 10:09 AM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

Some mods are better than others... The Tweaks An... adds entrances that would update the worldmap too, but it's a patch that doesn't break the world, so it's not needed there either... but MOST of this was BIG mods that broke the worldmap entirely, as it moved spots and so on... so yes, tiny edits are easy to make with a patch. But you can't do those in world chancing mods, like the above mentioned mods, as they were originally TOTAL CONVERSION mods.

#9 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Arthas: best to ask in the mods' forums whether they need the worldmap mod. In EET the worldmap can be patched directly (and is big enough already) and most mods do that, so the question is about BGT compatibility.

#10 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

The BP-BGT-Mod updates to v10.2.5!

Changelog:

version 10.2.5

- Compatibility with 'Sensible Entrance Points' from Tweaks Anthology.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#11 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:02 AM

I have no idea how does that work, but I think I should mention that Tangled Oak Isle is adding a new world to worldmap. All links, the new icon and etc is in the package. I think that without including the new area in BP-BGT-Worlmap there may be some incompatibility. The new area is called L#NI01. The new icon etc are here: https://downloads.we...ngled-oak-isle/

#12 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:39 AM

+ The same problem with the mod Southern Edge. When BP-BGT-Worlmap is installed on the EET, these new locations are not displayed correctly (the icons move out and appear in the wrong places on the map)

Edited by Austin, 08 July 2020 - 07:41 AM.

#13 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:43 AM

Austin, do you play BGT or EET?

Edited by Arthas, 08 July 2020 - 08:43 AM.

#14 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:03 AM

There is a chance that certain installation order is a must, I think someone once mentioned that but I don't remember exactly.

From ReadMe:

This mod adds a new custom icon for Southern Edge area on worldmap and updates map text (Traveling Hours -> Hours; Destination Unreachable -> Unreachable) to uncover some map icons.
Compatibility notes: the mod updates existing mapicons.bam file; if you're using a mod that overrides mapicons.bam instead of patching it, it should be installed before the mod. BP-BGT Worldmap, which is always installed in the end.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 08 July 2020 - 09:14 AM.

#15 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:56 AM

It was me... you told me that any mod that re-uses existing map icons can be installed before worldmap and all other mods after that.

Southern Edge works in my Megamod installation as well as 3 other mods by you using new icons.

#16 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, I just don't want to call out people out of the blue as I don't know if that's ok with them.

Anyway, I am unsure if the problem with the Tangled Oak Isle is caused by the order or perhaps because it need some entry in this mod.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 08 July 2020 - 10:34 AM.

#17 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:21 PM

This is how the Southern Edge area is displayed in EET + BP-BGT-Worlmap (note that the icon is partially displayed on top of another location)
file.php?id=2007

#18 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:44 PM

@Austin
Is the Athkatlan Grounds mod/mod series compatible with EET and World Map?  If not, what's involved in fixing that?

#19 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

@Austin
Is the Athkatlan Grounds mod/mod series compatible with EET and World Map?  If not, what's involved in fixing that?

Southern Edge mod is compatible with EET. The Southern Edge location icon (see post above) does not work correctly with EET+BP-BGT-Worldmap mod, otherwise it is fine.

Tangled Oak Isle is compatible with regular EET, but when EET+BP-BGT-Worldmap mod is installed, the new location icon is not displayed where it is needed, but in the northernmost corner of the map

file.php?id=2043

Edited by Austin, 16 July 2020 - 12:30 AM.

#20 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:19 AM

I also note that in the current version of the BP-BGT-Woglmap mod, there is no Sacred Grove location (with talking heads) on the EET map. It is only available in BGT