Old ones are still there

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

Hi,

When im trying to install my kits, i notice only the old ones appears in selections screen.

Druid seems to not get the kits...

What im trying to install is my werewolf kit, and when that did not work i tried install saradas werewolf kit, did not display as well...

Writing protection is off.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:52 AM

There's a couple of reasons... either lack of DLCmerger to BG1EE, or that the mod is just not compatile with the EE engine, as you need to use the fl#add_kit* -thing to allow it's display in the "new menu".

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:13 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="608459" data-time="1579164750"><p>
There's a couple of reasons... either lack of DLCmerger to BG1EE, or that the mod is just not compatile with the EE engine, as you need to use the <a href='https://github.com/W...#add_kit_ee.tpa'>fl#add_kit* -thing</a> to allow it's display in the "new menu".</p></blockquote>

thanks for fast answere :)

the kit worked on eet before. its one of my earliest.
saradas also worked before.

maby i should just reinstall all 3(bgee, bgee2, sod) again and start from scratch, its been some years since i last played baldurs gates series.

some of my save games cannot be opened. i deleted bg1, which means i play it via sod, but some files might not be availeble anymore.

maby a fresh install of all 3 is the way to go? also something wierd with near infinity going on, usually only stuff added via mods exists in override folder, but now everything is there, the list is long as a year xD

i also use weimer item mod, and tweakpack, but only for lvl 50 characters.

#4 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:33 AM

well, i uninstalled them all, deleted what was not uninstalled also the c:/users/user/documents folder.
logged in to beamdog.com to download, but there was no downloads available, so i guessed that the problem would be that i need to use that beamdog app/program. i downloaded that, tried to open it and was told that i was missing node.dll and 1 other file.

i tried a pc fix problem, but did not help.
so i googled some saying i can use command prompt to deactivate and reactivate it again, but i cannot run command prompt as admin, it opens exprrss zip, which i dont have, i can run command prompt as none admin however. can i write something in command prompt to run code as admin.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Backing a bit...

the kit worked on eet before.

Are you sure... as in the BG2EE is not the same thing as BG2EE+EET+EET_End. And if the BG2EE was updated even a little, it might be significant enough.
What comes to the SoD, you need to understand that if you go get it from Beamdog, it's not the same thing as you would get the BG1EE+SoD from steam or GoG, as these versions integrate the game resources into the same game and start file, while the Beamdog version doesn't. Their(Steam&GoG) versions require the DLCmerger to modify them and to get the data into EET when you install that yto your BG2EE, but there's no known way to use the Beamdog version two separate game installs into EET at all.
Savegame combatibility is a known issues while modifying the game, you should forget about it and ALWAYS use only saves made after current games was started. As the data is very likely to be corrupted.
The weimer item mod was made before EE was even a thing ... so you need to at least use the updated weidu.exe to install it, or you'll run into at least unvalid description strings, and you need to also have started the game at least one time before you start the install to set the language setting.

The Near Infinity is likely to show the content of the Override to be long, because you installed the tool that was before the DLCmerger, called modmerger, a version which might have put everything in SoD into the Override folder... this is if my memory still tracks this. While the version that I used didn't.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:43 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="608463" data-time="1579184843"><p>
Backing a bit... <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'><p><br />
the kit worked on eet before.</p></blockquote> Are you sure... as in the BG2EE is not the same thing as BG2EE+EET+EET_End. And if the BG2EE was updated even a little, it might be significant enough. <br />
What comes to the SoD, you need to understand that if you go get it from Beamdog, it's not the same thing as you would get the BG1EE+SoD from steam or GoG, as these versions integrate the game resources into the same game and start file, while the Beamdog version doesn't. Their(Steam&GoG) versions require the DLCmerger to modify them and to get the data into EET when you install that yto your BG2EE, but there's no known way to use the Beamdog version two separate game installs into EET at all. <br />
Savegame combatibility is a known issues while modifying the game, you should forget about it and ALWAYS use only saves made after current games was started. As the data is very likely to be corrupted. <br />
The weimer item mod was made before EE was even a thing ... so you need to at least use the updated weidu.exe to install it, or you'll run into at least unvalid description strings, and you need to also have started the game at least one time before you start the install to set the language setting. <br />
<br />
The Near Infinity is likely to show the content of the Override to be long, because you installed the tool that was before the DLCmerger, called modmerger, a version which might have put everything in SoD into the Override folder... this is if my memory still tracks this. While the version that I used didn't.</p></blockquote>

sry, that was my typo mistake.
what i ment was that the kit worked on bgee, bg2ee before. i dont have eet.

the dlctweakpack i also usef before. its ibstalled via a program called gibberling smt. not at pc atm.
the upgrade item mod was also a different type of installing than regular weidu kits.

however now im with the problem that i cannot reinstall the game, due to no install link on beamdog exept the beamdog app/program. which i cannot start due to missing node.dll and some other.dll file.

i will try to delete it again and download again incase something went wrong with the download, however its strange it cannot find node.dll.

i dowbloaded and ran:
microsoft directx end user blabla something which should fix such, did not work.

so i downloaded a pc clean program which should help as well, ran full scan and removed a lot of shit, but did not help.

then i saw u could manually dectivate and re-activate with 2 command lines in command promt, however i get the message that i need to be an admin to use that command, but when i rightclick and use run as admin its like i dont have access to it that way. like all my "quick access" files in file explorer which i never could use due yo also needs to use express zip which i dont have.

can i write an command to become admin in command promt?

edit:
found a way to use cmd as admin

Edited by Gel87, 16 January 2020 - 06:57 AM.

#7 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:44 AM

btw, still not able to download any form of baldurs gate, as the new client dont work after xx atemps, and the old ones seems like the servers are out of buisniss..

Any1 got some insight? :P 

https://forums.beamd...Comment_1113605

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Well, like the reply at the beamdog forum says, you probably should download the new client, this, if I got my fact streit.