Paladins of Faerun Quest Pack

Paladins of Faerun Quest Pack

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:40 AM

The mod PoFQuestPack is a WeiDU processing of the total conversion of Paladins of Faerun from BGslayer and other Czech developers, and contains only the quests of the original Paladins of Faerun.

https://forum.sigil....wforum.php?f=28

In Weidu mod was transferred by Gorion and Serdrick. The PoFQuestPack mod contains all the quests of the Paladins of Faerun mod, but it is not an exact copy of it. Part of the quests was implemented differently. A large number of errors were also corrected, many scripts and dialogs were rewritten practically a new.

For the mod, SOA + TOB + the latest patch is required. The mod should work under BGT, but this has not been tested yet. Unzip the contents of the archive into the directory with the game, and run SETUP-PoFQuestPack.exe. After installing the mod, be sure to install the BP-BGT-Worlmap mod, without which you will not see new mod locations.

PoFQuestPack is implemented in WeiDU format and should be compatible with other WeiDU mods. If you find any errors, please report them on the mod support forum:

http://arcanecoast.r...php?f=31&t=1534

The mod contains with itself 1 large main quest "Paladins of Faerun", 2 side quests "Order and Chaos" and "Abduction and Politics". New adventures in the cities are also waiting for you: Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, Targos (city center, docks), Siluvaned (Elven city) and Har Al-Dur (city of priests) - each of them has its own city quest, mainly to provide any help to the city or even save it. In addition, there are more than 20 individual small quests. The mod begins in the Irenicus dungeon, so start a new game.

Download link:

https://www.mediafir...qp_v3.3.7z/file

Edited by Goran, 20 November 2022 - 01:19 AM.

#2 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:39 AM

Thank you for this release. And thanks for the translation in English!

Edited by Arthas, 30 March 2020 - 05:41 AM.

#3 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

Thank you for this release. And thanks for the translation in English!

English has not been thoroughly translated, so errors may occur. We will be grateful for the comments on the correction of the text.

Edited by Goran, 30 March 2020 - 06:50 AM.

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

Thank you for this contribution. I've heard about this mod for years (over a decade), have always wondered about its content.

New adventures in the cities are also waiting for you: Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, Targos (city center, docks), Siluvaned (Elven city) and Har Al-Dur (city of priests) - each of them has its own city quest, mainly to provide any help to the city or even save it.

Does anyone know if these new locations are coded for compatibility with BP-BGT-Worldmap?

>> should be? based on the older website (archived) - wow, the work and effort looks impressive!

https://web.archive....en/screenshots/

Edited by Azazello, 30 March 2020 - 08:19 PM.

#5 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:48 PM

Does anyone know if these new locations are coded for compatibility with BP-BGT-Worldmap?

The mod only works with BP-BGT-Worldmap. Only map size will be 8000х6300.

Edited by Goran, 14 June 2020 - 07:07 AM.

#6 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:21 AM

Does the mod provide evil choices too ? Evil as rewarding...

Wanted to ask this question for long, but the name itself made me refrain from doing it :P

#7 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:35 AM

Some quests offer two choices. Just don't tell anyone quietly :shifty: Evil does not sleep

Edited by Goran, 06 April 2020 - 10:47 AM.

#8 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

I was checking the mod's forumm and it seems like you're supposed (in the original version) to finish the other "vanilla" quests before playing the mod.

1) Is it the same for this "new" version?
2) The mod seems to start in Irenicus dungeon. But when ?

Edited by Arthas, 07 April 2020 - 08:32 AM.

#9 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

1. Yes

2. Start mod for area first AR0020

#10 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:20 PM

Part of the quests was implemented differently. A large number of errors were also corrected, many scripts and dialogs were rewritten practically a new.

Vanilla started at Neverwinter, which made her incompatible. and here is the beginning of a new game as usual in the dungeon of Irenicus. And in Neverwinter you will find yourself quite unexpectedly for yourself, and the quest there has been expanded compared to vanilla. For compatibility with others  mods.

Edited by Goran, 08 April 2020 - 07:45 AM.

#11 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:52 AM

AR0020 is Akthlaka city gates.

Started the mod.

I got the initial cutscene with Khalid. But after quicksaving and reloading, the screen is always black. Suggestions?

Edited by Arthas, 16 April 2020 - 12:04 PM.

#12 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:57 PM

Is it possible to find out what the mod was installed on and there are other mods installed in it?

#13 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:37 PM

Installed on BG2 TOB [no BGT]

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~POFQUESTPACK/SETUP-POFQUESTPACK.TP2~ #1 #0 //  Paladins of Faerun Quest Pack 
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0
~BP-BGT-WORLDMAP/SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.5
~BP-BGT-WORLDMAP/SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v10.2.5

Edited by Arthas, 17 April 2020 - 12:27 AM.

#14 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:55 AM

An interesting problem. But don't do it quicksaving. Wait until all the cut scenes are over and you can continue to be saved.. Even if you did, then you need to wait 15 a little more seconds and the black screen will disappear.

#15 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:36 AM

I understand, but I'm not saving during cutscene.

That's what I'm doing.

Starting the game.
Seeing the cutscene with Khalid.
Waiting for Irenicus cutscene to start.
Waiting for Imoen to save me.

As soon as she saves me, there is an automatic autosave.

Then I quicksave as soon as she joins me - and no matter what, the savegames are all "black screen".

Edited by Arthas, 17 April 2020 - 04:37 AM.

#16 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

Perhaps a conflict with the mod Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0 Try to remove the mod Skip Chateau Irenicus and start a new game.

#17 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:51 AM

A note: the black screen is just that. A black screen. The mouse cursor is still there, and if I click 1-2 the voices of my characters do play.

Also, I can click 1 (Charname) and 2 (Imoen) and move the characters. But the screen is black.

I'll try removing Skip Chateau irenicus.

Edited by Arthas, 17 April 2020 - 04:51 AM.

#18 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:06 AM

Removed, and it's not working. 

#19 Goran

Goran
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:26 AM

Why are you using this mod Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0?

#20 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:27 AM

Most probably because it comes in package with GOG's Original saga games and it is already installed when you extract the game. Nice thing for original Baldur's gate but unnecessary for ToB if you enable 3d acceleration. Most probably it has nothing to do with that reported bug.