Photo

Bug & Typo Reports (as of v3.0 and v3.1)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:52 PM

By the way I noticed your Isra is 3.0 and mine 3.01. Don't know is it important.

#22 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:08 PM

No. the only change was the way valerie mod was detected (which worked for me with v3.0).

Can you try to reinstall isra with this tp2.

Attached Files

• Attached File  isra.tp2   4.59K   211 downloads

Edited by Gwendolyne, 29 April 2020 - 10:10 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#23 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:24 PM

No. the only change was the way valerie mod was detected (which worked for me with v3.0).

Can you try to reinstall isra with this tp2.

Tried it. Unfortunately this time I got this:

VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2  0  0 Installed
ISRA/ISRA.TP2  0  0 Installed ~Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, EET, BGT and TuTu~
ERROR: Failure("You do not appear to have Valerie installed.")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-ISRA.DEBUG and look for support at: Rhaella and Spellhold staff at http://www.shsforums...forum/638-isra/
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[isra/translations/english/setup.tra] has 50 translation strings

Install Component [Valerie/Isra crossmod content]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? 
Skipping [Valerie/Isra crossmod content]

#24 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:37 PM

As far as I can see solution would be to revert to REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~valerie.tp2~ or something like that.

#25 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:15 PM

I added those lines to narrow the culprit:

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~T2VALJ.dlg~) BEGIN
    PRINT "Valerie mod installed and detected"
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~isra/crossmod/valerie.d~
END ELSE BEGIN
    PRINT "Valerie mod not installed or detected"
    FAIL @13
END

Which means WeiDU does not detect T2VALJ.dlg.

Did it also fail to install with v3.0 ?

Edited by Gwendolyne, 29 April 2020 - 11:31 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#26 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:45 PM

On my pleasant surprise it didn't failed, v.3.0 succeeded!  :cheers:

One question Gwendolyne, if I may: I see that you resurrected Shuri ninja kit. Had great fun with it back in the old days.  :)  Is there a reason that it is only BGT compatible at the present, no Tutu currently? 

#27 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:00 AM

My god... version 3.0 was fine... I spent days to reproduce this bug and could not...

I ported Shuri Ninja kit to BG2:EE for a French player, about two years ago. I know it is still in my GitHub account, but as I could not reach its author, I did not "officialize" my own version. As far as I remember my coding, it should be Tutu compatible with adding tutu in its requirements... I must also check my local version. I think I have made further improvements since my account version.

CARPE DIEM ....

#28 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:11 AM

It seems that EET has some quirks, no wonder since there are more versions than one.  :shifty: About Shuri it refused to install on Tutu, ToB or BGT is required. And yes, there are couple of optional components if I remember correctly. Hmm, which Ninja to pick, Shuri, Wushi or regular ones from Return to Trademeet or Megamod kits. Sweet worries...  :ph34r:

#29 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:25 AM

For EEt players, I got an idea. Please try this : install Valerie AND Isra v3.0 after EET core.

As for Shuri Ninja, if you can wait a couple of days, once I have proofread the new Stratagems French translation, I will be able to update it for tutu.

CARPE DIEM ....

#30 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:31 AM

For EEt players, I got an idea. Please try this : install Valerie AND Isra v3.0 after EET core.

As for Shuri Ninja, if you can wait a couple of days, once I have proofread the new Stratagems French translation, I will be able to update it for tutu.

Deal!  :new_thumbs: Can you just notify me please, via messenger or modding news if you decide to go publicly with it? 

#31 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

Valerie is not officially EET compatible - I don't think installing it to EET directly would be a good idea. As far as I can see she wouldn't even spawn, as the BG1 area script wouldn't get patched, and the BGEE values of crossplatform variables are being read in. I really wished Tempest would be reachable. Since the mod is already in crossplatform code, it wouldn't be too much effort to make it directly EET compatible.

#32 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:28 AM

I hate EET: I lost my time finding a bug with a mod which is even not EET compatible... :WTF:

I really won't install it since it is stable enough.

CARPE DIEM ....

#33 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

No, Valerie does not have direct EET compatibility, but she can be played in EET: The way to go is install Valerie onto the BG:EE partition. Then let EET run - contents of Valerie will be transferred with BG1.
The problem some (one?) player had that then if Isra was installed directly to EET the installed Valerie was not detected (via ~valerie.tp2~. So for 3.1 I changed the detection to Valerie's joined dialogue file, which appearently also didn't work.

Edited by jastey, 30 April 2020 - 06:01 AM.

#34 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

Possible bug, after i did the battle with Bodhi, and then restored Isra, she would not initiate dialogue with me or any party member. Tried restoration, healing for naught. I reloaded my game save before and repeated and it worked fine. Thought id mentioned it here, version 3.1 installed.

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#35 scandiacablessing

scandiacablessing
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:45 PM

Hiya, I just got into SoD, and Isra keeps starting the same conversation with me. I made it through the opening dungeon, and while she was in my party, she kept asking if I wanted her to rejoin. After the dungeon, she keeps walking up to me like she's going to talk to me, but says nothing, and I can't talk to her. 

Any insights?

#36 marcnivar

marcnivar
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:09 PM

Hiya, I just got into SoD, and Isra keeps starting the same conversation with me. I made it through the opening dungeon, and while she was in my party, she kept asking if I wanted her to rejoin. After the dungeon, she keeps walking up to me like she's going to talk to me, but says nothing, and I can't talk to her. 

Any insights?

I remember she does not have SOD content. After SOD opening dungeon she left and never return. 

Her BG2 dialogues also indicating she left since defeating Sarevok.

#37 Streen

Streen
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 01:02 PM

Hello

I downloaded V3.1. I don't have EET, I play only BG2EE and ToB. In BG2EE, Isra doesn't speak anymore after the fifth romance dialogue. So, the romance is stopped. My reputation has never been underneath 15. Is there  any bug? this is my wiedu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BACKBRYNNLAW/BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v8
~SKIECOST/SKIECOST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - New quest for Baldur's Gate 2 EE: 3.5
~SKIECOST/SKIECOST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC: 3.5
~SKIECOST/SKIECOST.TP2~ #0 #2 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Add brand new SoD-oriented items to BG2: 3.5
~CTB/SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 3.0
~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra for BGII: v3.1
~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Isra Crossmod Content: v3.1

Thanks

#38 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:28 AM

Without knowing the romance: did you try resting outdoors / in an inn? Some romances have resting love dialogues before the timered ones continue.

#39 Streen

Streen
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:45 AM

Without knowing the romance: did you try resting outdoors / in an inn? Some romances have resting love dialogues before the timered ones continue.

Yes, after the fourth dialogue (not the fifth finally), I waited during one hour and rested into the planar sphere. Isra doesn't talk anymore. Is V3.1 compatible with bg2EE? Should I talk mysleft to Isra? If yes what I must ask?

#40 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:09 PM

The planar sphere is counted as a dungeon. Most romances do not have love talks in dungeons.

The mod is compatible with BGII:EE, yes.