Where to start the EE with mods?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bardozamba

Bardozamba
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

Hello everyone,

I played BG more then 10 years ago and I'm returning for the whole saga. I installed a lot of mods with EE Mod Setup Master and I don't know where I should start the game, if in BG1 or BG2. I want to feel free to use EEKeeper too and I noticed that the saved files in Documents show that I have three BG files (BG1, BG2 and BGTrilogy).

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

Well, you start the game from where you modified it... this usually is strait forward as you don't use a mod manager to download and extract and install the mods, but do that yourself and learn that the game is where it is. Mostlikely, you should start it via the BG2EE's Baldur.exe file. This is unless you chose the EET's make new game in a new folder option, if it has it... this depends on how exactly deep you dwelved into the moding and how you chose the options you did. But you should know what each of them do before you choose ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Bardozamba

Bardozamba
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Well, you start the game from where you modified it... this usually is strait forward as you don't use a mod manager to download and extract and install the mods, but do that yourself and learn that the game is where it is. Mostlikely, you should start it via the BG2EE's Baldur.exe file. This is unless you chose the EET's make new game in a new folder option, if it has it... this depends on how exactly deep you dwelved into the moding and how you chose the options you did. But you should know what each of them do before you choose ...

I understand your point. The real issue is that I see different mods and installs both in BG1 file and BG2 file, so it brought to me the question: if I play BG2Trilogy (through BG2EE's Baldur.exe file as you mentioned), will I enjoy the mods installed in BG1 file? Thank you.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

I understand your point. The real issue is that I see different mods and installs both in BG1 file and BG2 file, so it brought to me the question: if I play BG2Trilogy (through BG2EE's Baldur.exe file as you mentioned), will I enjoy the mods installed in BG1 file? Thank you.

Well, yes, in case you used the EET to the BG2EE to bring the two games together, as it brings all the data from the BG1EE to the BG2EE, and does some small conversion to keep things nice, which is why the install needs that much space. But you can uninstall the BG1EE...

This is similar to what the BGT-weidu did... just with the exception that the BG1 needed to be clean install and the mods needed to be then BGT compatible to bring any changes made to the BG1 portion into the BG2 game... in the non-EE version of the games.

if I play BG2Trilogy

1 thing I request: Learn from this experience, never ever use that again, cause it will either bring confusion or recentment from everyside.. as there is the EET, aka Enhanced Edition Trilogy, and the other is the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, later adopted to -weidu mod ... aka; BGT-weidu ... and there was actually 4 parts of it, and now the EET has 5.. but never that be minded.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Bardozamba

Bardozamba
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

Well, yes, in case you used the EET to the BG2EE to bring the two games together, as it brings all the data from the BG1EE to the BG2EE, and does some small conversion to keep things nice, which is why the install needs that much space. But you can uninstall the BG1EE...

This is similar to what the BGT-weidu did... just with the exception that the BG1 needed to be clean install and the mods needed to be then BGT compatible to bring any changes made to the BG1 portion into the BG2 game... in the non-EE version of the games.

if I play BG2Trilogy

1 thing I request: Learn from this experience, never ever use that again, cause it will either bring confusion or recentment from everyside.. as there is the EET, aka Enhanced Edition Trilogy, and the other is the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, later adopted to -weidu mod ... aka; BGT-weidu ... and there was actually 4 parts of it, and now the EET has 5.. but never that be minded.

I'm learning... and the new is: I did everything corretly, but Bandit Camp doesn't appear on my worldmap. What should I do?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:22 AM

... but Bandit Camp doesn't appear on my worldmap. What should I do?
Have you done the requirements ? Aka, the Nashkel mines and the fight in one of the bars in Berecost and found the letters pointing to the existance of the camp.

Edited by The Imp, 22 June 2020 - 03:22 AM.