Photo

Mac installation problem on a megamod installation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:52 AM

When I try to install 10.2.5, I get this error: ("ERROR: unable to unpack worldmap_large.mos from bp-bgt-worldmap/language/english/moz/worldmap_large.moz")

Anybody have any idea why this is happening. I'll post my weidu log if necessary, but this seems more a Mac software problem than any sort of mod conflict.

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

What format is .moz supposed to be? Is this a typo, because I know .moz only as mozilla filecache?

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:38 PM

What format is .moz supposed to be? Is this a typo, because I know .moz only

No. The .moz is an archived .mos file. There's "moz" folder in the mods files. The .moz file is from the time that you saved downloading space by archiving them. Remember the when ? Näh, that never happened. What about the files being read from a one super file to make them faster to store ? Näh, that never happened. .bif.

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2020 - 12:42 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:12 PM

This is the more exact message that I get when I try to install the mod:

Attempting to run mosunpack from the mod directory...
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/jasonlong/Beamdog Library/00783/bp-bgt-worldmap/bin/osx/mosunpack
  Reason: image not found

How do I locate and install this libjpeg.8.dylib file in my Mac?