p.s. Tree and Solid variants still too different vs Orig

Attached Images

• Tree.PNG
  • Plain.PNG

#62 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:52 AM

I knew that stylistically it would be different.
Using the two tone I tried to get the colors near correct but that screenshot of yours was so bright. I used your screenshot changed the contrast and brightness just to get close to what I have.

At first I just drew vines wrapped around your dividers but that did not fit so then I added the 'tree'.
I could not be certain of where the image would lie (as your dividers do not touch the existing borders) so I just tried to get close enough to make it look like I was not trying to reach the edges.

If it is the colors I could try to change them.
If it is the style I could just copy some of the existing gui pieces, mash them together, to make something else. But I would need to know if there anything (chu-wise)in the way or just make the image right over the top of the screenshot.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 20 March 2021 - 05:58 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#63 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:38 AM

@Sir-Kill

If it is the colors I could try to change them.
If it is the style I could just copy some of the existing gui pieces, mash them together, to make something else. But I would need to know if there anything (chu-wise)in the way or just make the image right over the top of the screenshot.

Colors are OK, but "wave" branches are not original "cell-like" style (imho)
I attached in-game screens at zero bright/contrast(i suppose this is default gamma), only digitals rendered in this area.You can also get source background as game resource if don't need any gamma processing, just convert INVENTOR.MOS to usual png/bmp format

Attached Images

• in-game render.PNG
  • in-game render tree.PNG

Edited by Insomniator, 20 March 2021 - 07:39 AM.

#64 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:23 AM

Ah, figured but was not sure, with that in mind I already started on a new one just after posting.
Looks like you are a little crammed for space near the player color picker.

I noticed that you are using either the original plt or bam for human male fighter plate chmf4inv bam/plt.
is that un-modded or from a mod if so which. (I have had 1pp installed so long I forget what is displayed normally) I have been working on the plt and changed some of the color locations(added a color too), contrast, and soothed out many of the pixels Like the ear and hair.

Who did the paperdoll swords?

Edited by Sir-Kill, 20 March 2021 - 08:25 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#65 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 11:01 AM

We have different backgrounds so I removed them, just paste this over yours should be fine.
The jagged edges should blend in.
you might have to edit the color changer area a bit I moved it up.

There really no need to have googleapis.com just to upload a gd image. no other forum needs it.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 21 March 2021 - 05:39 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#66 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 05:42 AM

I see that editing that image could be a bit difficult so I upped a mos

Attached Files

Live Free Or Die

#67 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:43 AM

I noticed that you are using either the original plt or bam for human male fighter plate chmf4inv bam/plt.
is that un-modded or from a mod if so which. (I have had 1pp installed so long I forget what is displayed normally) I have been working on the plt and changed some of the color locations(added a color too), contrast, and soothed out many of the pixels Like the ear and hair.

Who did the paperdoll swords?

In-game screens taken from BWP+"tweak mods", i cant tell which mods changed swords sprites

I see that editing that image could be a bit difficult so I upped a mos

Thanks, I slightly shifted the centering of the cells to fit digitals

Also i used one your ideas to change default picture (ring placement)  :)

#68 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:46 AM

Updated to v3.13:

• Added: Sound notification to Quest events
  • Added: Inventory Background by Sir-Kill
  • Rewritten EffectOpcode.cpp to restore Ability Scores(Charisma/...) and Thief(Stealth/...) Modification Fixes due wrong ToBex's "signed char" type
  • Edited TobEx sources with mismatched signed/unsigned integer mathematics to pass most /W3 compiler warnings

#69 subzero400

subzero400
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for hard work, Insomniator!

Edited by skellytz, 30 September 2022 - 09:13 AM.
please do not mock other members' names

#70 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:16 AM

Hey Insomniator,
with your work on the gui I was wondering if there was a chu or other setting that located the bams and plts of the paperdoll, as in what tells the game where to place the character in t hat central square?

Basically I would like to move the character plt location about 5-10 pixels to the right, since all the weapons they hold are on the left and some butt right up to the limit (and maybe more) to the left border. So instead of moving evety peice of armor and weapon I would change the display location.

Edit: just to clarify, this was not a request for your mod.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 28 March 2021 - 07:30 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#71 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 09:32 AM

Hi Sir-Kill

with your work on the gui I was wondering if there was a chu or other setting that located the bams and plts of the paperdoll, as in what tells the game where to place the character in t hat central square?

Paperdoll&Weapons X,Y hardcoded inside engine, .chu only declare placement on inventory screen

if you really need, i can explore engine to say how to change some X,Y inside .exe

#72 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:16 AM

Ah thanks for the info. No I do not need that. I was just hoping for something easily changed.
Live Free Or Die

#73 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:05 AM

Hi Insomniator,

Thanks for the new components of this mod.

Do you think that it is possible to have an "always-on" choice or remembering player in-game choice for the component ~900 // Grayscale background on Pause~ ?

When you start the game, this component is always on off.

#74 subzero400

subzero400
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

Where is the new version, Insomniator? No new versions - the mod is dead. R.I.P.?

Edited by skellytz, 30 September 2022 - 09:12 AM.
please do not mock other members' names

#75 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:39 AM

Here.

I updated the DL link in first post. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 09 April 2021 - 09:04 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#76 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:20 AM

Do you think that it is possible to have an "always-on" choice or remembering player in-game choice for the component ~900 // Grayscale background on Pause~ ?
When you start the game, this component is always on off.
It is possible, i will add new option to installer selectable "Enable grayscale background On by default"

#77 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

Do you think the Unlimited Off-hand component would work with LadeJarl's Tutu GUI on BGT?

#78 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 03:22 AM

Do you think the Unlimited Off-hand component would work with LadeJarl's Tutu GUI on BGT?
Hi Andrea,
"Unlimited Off-hand" is game engine hack, not directly related with GUI, you can always try it yourself.
Weidu installer allow you uninstall any mods(but better uninstall from last to first) and get previous working state

#79 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:22 PM

I'd also like to know if someone has been successful using some components of this modification together with TuTuGUI.

I'm not going to give up on the latter (especially since I went as far as to make a BGT custom version of it) but ImpovedGUI has many nice things going for itself.

Insomniator,

(thanks for your work, by the way) do you know what components are surely NOT compatible with TuTuGUI perhaps?

Edited by Salk, 17 April 2021 - 09:25 PM.

#80 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

Insomniator, can you please confirm the above post in Russian is really an insult?

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.