Photo

Bi Rasaad mod?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blank

Blank
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:48 AM

I'm hoping that this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if there's a mod that allows Rasaad to be romanced by men in BG2 (also maybe SOD)? I've been combing around for one with no luck, but I thought I'd ask here before giving up on it lol :clown:

#2 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:59 PM

Try this one. An extra component makes Neera and Rasaad same-sex romanceable.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 24 October 2020 - 06:23 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#3 Blank

Blank
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:09 AM

Try this one. An extra component makes make Neera and Rasaad same-sex romanceable.

Ah, I've actually got that one - expanding Neera plus the same-sex components are must haves for me lol - but it's only for BG1 unfortunately. I was hoping to find a similar mod to that s/s romance component, for BG2

Edit: I've also tried out CDTweaks romance cheats which doesn't change pronouns (and did weird things with a lot  the dialogue, probably cos I didn't account for conflicts with other banter/interaction mods :clown: :clown:)  so that was a bummer

Edited by Blank, 24 October 2020 - 02:12 AM.

#4 Blank

Blank
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:57 PM

H'okay, so judging by the lack of responses I guess that confirms my fears. Ah well

Which means I gotta face the music and just do it myself :unsure: Anyone got suggestions/advice on where to start? How hard would it be for a total noob to switch around some gender flags and change up dialogue??

(I'm asking here cos I don't wanna clog the forums with a separate "I'm doing a mod" post, not yet anyway lol)

#5 Isewein

Isewein
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

For your own enjoyment it's very easy - it's a matter of checking the required variables (if they match the classics, probably something like Rasaadmatch 1) set if your Charname is eligible and then setting them manually via the console. Of course that won't get you rid of pronouns and the occasional odd interaction, although it shouldn't break anything. Properly modding it is more difficult, as you'd essentially have to replicate the entire romance track with adjusted variables, conflict checks and dialog.tlk strings. Probably not quite worth the effort unless you are already familiar with IE scripting - you could look at the Viconia Friendship mod for an example on how to do it (being the only mod to my knoowledge which overhauls one of the original NPCs storylines to be available to either gender).

Edited by Isewein, 14 November 2020 - 09:31 AM.

#6 Blank

Blank
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:48 AM

For your own enjoyment it's very easy - it's a matter of checking the required variables (if they match the classics, probably something like Rasaadmatch 1) set if your Charname is eligible and then setting them manually via the console. Of course that won't get you rid of pronouns and the occasional odd interaction, although it shouldn't break anything. Properly modding it is more difficult, as you'd essentially have to replicate the entire romance track with adjusted variables, conflict checks and dialog.tlk strings. Probably not quite worth the effort unless you are already familiar with IE scripting - you could look at the Viconia Friendship mod for an example on how to do it (being the only od to my knoowledge which overhauls one of the original NPCs storylines to be available to either gender).

I've done a bit of that before through EEKeeper, so I know it's easy enough, though yeah, not a big fan of being referred to as female regardless :lol2: :lol2:

And yeah, I understand it's a pretty involved process, on top of me really having no idea where to start (so thanks for pointing that Vic mod out) but if I don't probably no one else will :crying: If I can hopefully see this through it will have all been worth it.

#7 Isewein

Isewein
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:33 AM

I appreciate the sentiment - feel free to ask me about anything specific. I've been meaning to do something like this for the Jaheira romance for ages, because it really is a friendship for all but two talks, and it makes no sense whatsoever for the storyline to be restricted by gender, but it is so much more work to do it properly that I find myself deciding to just read over the pronouns every playthrough again...