Photo

Ohlo's Miscellany Store

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:36 PM

I am announcing a new mod for the players of BG2/TOB vanilla game. Actually the mod has been kicked around for well over a decade, but i have finally been convinced to release it. The mod is a combination of two halves. One half of the mod is a store and the other half are the stories that the proprietor tells. The items in the store are my own creations and they are a little over powered and a whole lot over priced, to balance out the overpowering. There are four stories intermingled with shopping at the store, Ohlo's Miscellaneous Store. Some of you may recognize the name Ohlo and his companion, Skullcrusher. They are classic and some of the first NPC's.

Please, read the README before installing, i have left a note in the text that you may want to pay attention to. The mod is old style coding and since i was the only one that had the mod, i never updated. However, i can assure you that i have been using it ever since i finished it and it does in fact work. Along with the items and stories, there are a couple of added items that you will find on the bodies of various monsters.

It has been pointed out to me that the structure of my mod is not quite right. I have removed a bunch of junk from the mod and have updated it. If you have already downloaded the mod, what was in the mod will not interfere with the play of the mod, it's all good.

I should have mentioned that the mod was made for the valilla game, not the Enhanced Edition. My apologies.

Attached File  OhloV1.02.7z   979.18K   172 downloads

Edited by Truman, 30 December 2020 - 02:18 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:41 AM

You might want to edit the topic title to answer what the mod is, rather than say "New Mod"... say like: Olho's store and miscellaneous stories -mod. Or whatever.

Also, I would point out that you have a very nonparticular file namings, so it's all over the place, you should use a file prefix for compatibility's sake.

Edited by The Imp, 29 December 2020 - 01:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:39 AM

Topic title, done.

Mod updated.

Edited by Truman, 29 December 2020 - 10:41 AM.

#4 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:00 PM

Well, first of all, nice release :)

Said this, I could not install your mod. This is the debug:

Spoiler

Edited by Sergio, 29 December 2020 - 01:00 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 03:08 PM

Well, first of all, nice release :)

Said this, I could not install your mod. This is the debug:

Spoiler

Not sure what to tell you. This mod was made for the vanilla game, i don't know if it's compatible with the Enhanced Edition. I have made a change, can you download the mod again?

#6 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 01:28 AM

@Truman

You have mistake inside Setup-Ohio.tp2:

Version ~v1.01~

should be

VERSION ~v1.02~

It's not about the number it's about WeiDU keywords like BACKUP/VERSION/etc are case-sensitive.

Edited by ALIEN, 30 December 2020 - 01:33 AM.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#7 Truman

Truman
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 02:20 AM

@Truman

You have mistake inside Setup-Ohio.tp2:

Version ~v1.01~

should be

VERSION ~v1.02~

It's not about the number it's about WeiDU keywords like BACKUP/VERSION/etc are case-sensitive.

Good catch, i missed it completely. Thank you.