• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Austin

Austin
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:51 AM

Posted by: Austin

Looking for: Dialogue Writers?

Details: I want to expand the texts of the BG1 NPCs for SoA &ToB mod (with the consent of the author).

I know how to encode dialogues, but help in composing texts will be very useful to me. In addition, I do not speak English and write through an online translator, so it would be nice if the text was originally written by a native English speaker.

A request to all - if anyone can compose any of the following - write to ME, I will try to code:
- Montaron's banters with the following NPC (they currently have no dialogue): Aerie, Keldorn, Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Valigar
- dialogues of any NPCs from BG1 with EE-NPCs (Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Wilson) - now no one is talking to them, this needs to be fixed. What, for example, will Faldorn say to Wilson?
- any BG1 NPC's banters or their interjections 

I also need help with proofreading.

Added dialogue between the protagonist and Skie at the Tree of Life (before the final battle in SoA). Previously, such dialogues were created for all NPC except her. I wrote the dialogue (as best I could) and coded it. The Smiling Imp didn't mind that.
UPD: Solved!

Edited by Austin, 09 March 2021 - 04:47 AM.

#2 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

Hey i was one of the playtesters for this Mod i just want to thank you for picking this mod up. I know the Smiling Imp planed for Dynaheir and Dorn not to get along as well as her not to get on with Anomen due to his narrow mindedness. iam not writer but smiling imp bounced did bounce a few ideas of me. I look forward to seeing your work

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#3 Austin

Austin
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:07 AM

Oracle, thank you very much! I really like this mod and therefore wanted to improve it as much as I can.

The problem with proofreading the text was solved - I was helped on the Beamdog forum, one of the users proofread the already written texts and can help with the future ones :) Today I will make the necessary updates to the texts.

Edited by Austin, 12 January 2021 - 01:08 AM.

#4 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:33 AM

Oracle, thank you very much! I really like this mod and therefore wanted to improve it as much as I can.

The problem with proofreading the text was solved - I was helped on the Beamdog forum, one of the users proofread the already written texts and can help with the future ones :) Today I will make the necessary updates to the texts.
I am glad here that sounds like the mod is safe hands if you need to bounce ideas of someone iam here . have fun

Edited by Oracle, 12 January 2021 - 04:34 AM.

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#5 Austin

Austin
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:15 AM

I am glad here that sounds like the mod is safe hands if you need to bounce ideas of someone iam here . have fun

Thank you! You can follow the mod updates here:http://www.baldursga...p?topic=8355.15