Changes to the demon lord encounter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:35 AM

I would like to ask how I can disable all the changes to the demon lord encounter added by the component "Unbiased Quest Rewards". All of them, starting from the different xp given if you go evil, to the fake eggs being recovered even without killing Soulafein.

Readme: https://avenger981.g...me_atweaks.html

Mod can be downloaded here: http://www.shsforums...indows-version/

With disabling, I mean if there is an easy way to block only that piece of content from that component from installing.

Edited by Arthas, 11 January 2021 - 05:40 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:12 PM

With disabling, I mean if there is an easy way to block only that piece of content from that component from installing.

You extract the mod to your game folder, then open the atweaks-v453.exe\atweaks\lib\270-evil_rewards.tpa -file with Notepad(use the Notepad++ to know the line numbers and easier code edits), and surround this:

//Saradush
ACTION_IF GAME_INCLUDES ~tob~ BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING xplist.2da override //Change quest XP reward for Kiser's quest to 7000
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~\(PLOT8B[%TAB% ]+Saved_Ardic_Bad_Sarson01\)[%TAB% ]+5000~
                                       ~\1 7000~
  BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING sarvie01.cre override
    WRITE_LONG 0x14 9000 //make the Viekang piñata hold 9k xp instead of 6.3k
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "SHOUT" "" (8) // Remove shout script, if present
  BUT_ONLY
END

With:

/*
//Saradush
ACTION_IF GAME_INCLUDES ~tob~ BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING xplist.2da override //Change quest XP reward for Kiser's quest to 7000
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~\(PLOT8B[%TAB% ]+Saved_Ardic_Bad_Sarson01\)[%TAB% ]+5000~
                                       ~\1 7000~
  BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING sarvie01.cre override
    WRITE_LONG 0x14 9000 //make the Viekang piñata hold 9k xp instead of 6.3k
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "SHOUT" "" (8) // Remove shout script, if present
  BUT_ONLY
END
*/

Easy as pie. For a diabetic, which I am.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for help, but wouldn't that change Kiser encounter, rather than the demon lord stuff? 

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:02 AM

For reference, as the most complicated part of the component, one does not simply comment out the demon-lord stuff (I mean, it's possible, but not straightforward).

#5 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:23 AM

I asked because there is a mod that is going to be released that actually touches the demon lord encounter: https://www.gibberli...-mod-for-bg2ee/

But I also love the component you made. So, I had to ask: would you kindly suggest how to split/disable the ust nasta part ?