• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

I had recently tried this mod, and it is clearly amazing. Thanks for all the works behind this mod.

After trying to use the component 114 - softer spell effect, I enconter CTD when the game uses some fire effect (CTD during the introduction scene with Irenicus for example) - it sends me the following assertion failed: ChDataTypes.cpp at line 1591

After some researches, I find that it might come from a corrupt BAM. So I checked the BAM and nothing wrong on this side: I deleted all BAM from the override folder - this doesn't solve the issue.

So I decided to reinstall the component and quote the "// 3. FIRE EFFECTS AND HITS" part in the 114_effects.tph file and the game work fine with no CTD. After snitching a little bit more, I find that this bug seems to come from the line 533 in component 114_effects.tph : changing "%value2% <= 0xFFFF AND %value2% >= 0x100" by "%value2% <= 0xFFFF AND %value2% > 0xFF" solve this issue.

I am no modder, So I don't understand why this work but, it works.

I play with BG2 classic, on a laptop with a nvidia 970M, this bug can be reproduced when installing only the component: [114] 1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects on a clean BG2 install.

Thank you for this great mod

Edited by TotoR, 12 February 2021 - 05:45 PM.

#2 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:49 AM

After a few weeks trying unsuccessfully to reproduce this bug, it turns out that this bug is not a real one: the error message (ChDataTypes.cpp at line 1591) indicates that the Extended palette component has not been installed. In fact, TotoR only installed the Softer Spell Effects component, which needs the main component and Extended palette to be installed.

I don't know how he managed to install it because Extended palette should be installed automatically right after the main component...

That said, since it's not clear, I will modify the readme with the release of the next update: do not try to install any 1pp component without its main component and Extended palette because it is the first one that patches the executable and the second is used by most of the other components. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 19 February 2021 - 07:50 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.