Photo

Tobex not fully uninstalling (Solved)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

I had uninstalled a component or two from cdtweaks and upon reinstalling it did not recognize that tobex was installed, despite that the tobex window was there.

I uninstalled and re-installed some to all mods and tobex, trying to figure out the problem.
The game knew it was installed (4 weapon slots) but tweaks could not get 'faster movement out of combat' to load/install, "not for your game" but when I loaded the game the characters would walk fast for about 3 -5 seconds then revert to the slower speed.

10 years gone and I remember shs password too.

The fix was I had to remove the folders named:
tobex
tobex_ini

files named:
tobex_loader
tobex.log
tobex.dll

tho I expect the two folders had the most to do with it.

BTW great mod!

Edited by Sir-Kill, 22 January 2021 - 10:27 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:47 PM

tho I expect the two folders had the most to do with it.

Folders no, files yes. And definitely, the ini folders content is what determines what is active at the time. And it wouldn't be fair to call the ToBEx a single mod, as various others use it to activate subsystems that only work with ToBEx installed, so you can't uninstall it and assume the others won't use it to do stuff. Mods such as BG2 Tweakpack, G3 IR, and others... so if you have multiple mods, any of them is a potential mindfield in regards of having the ToBEx installd after you "remove the tobex" from your install, as it's reinstalled by other components.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:44 AM

Well the files in the tobex/ini folder was my meaning. Anyway to fully uninstall; those might have to be removed, as in my case.

The full story (or at least more):
Actually I found out about ToBEx when trying to install scs (kept freezing on install) that failed but I kept TobEx. The only other mod I have that uses ToBex was tweaks and I ended up uninstalling that, lvl1npc, and 1pp, those were after tweaks I uninstalled ToBex via weidu, ran the game and still saw the fast run for 3 sec.
did the whole processes again (no change, man, I wish tweaks had a full config file). uninstalled all that again uninstalled tobex deleted the aforementioned files (not the folders).
installed ToBex, downloaded autohaste from argent off beamdog. It also said 'not for my game' so then I knew ToBex was not cleanly/completely uninstalled.

Then I deleted the folders, and voila it worked again.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 22 January 2021 - 06:59 AM.

Live Free Or Die