TobEx AfterLife

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#81 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:06 AM

Apologies, the latest file you posted is no longer available. Could you upload it again? I'll see if I can download it later today before I leave town.

#82 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:23 AM

Apologies, the latest file you posted is no longer available. Could you upload it again? I'll see if I can download it later today before I leave town.

https://ufile.io/ubofk97t

#83 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 June 2022 - 04:12 AM

Insomniator,

would you be so kind as to perhaps give users general instructions about the installation order for ToBEx AfterLife?

ToBEx is generally recommended to be installed first. So many users might think that just after installing the game and ToBEx (v26 or v28), it is time to install ToBEx AfterLife. But from what I understand, that is not what you suggest, right?

Thanks!

#84 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 04:26 AM

Salk

would you be so kind as to perhaps give users general instructions about the installation order for ToBEx AfterLife?

ToBEx is generally recommended to be installed first. So many users might think that just after installing the game and ToBEx (v26 or v28), it is time to install ToBEx AfterLife. But from what I understand, that is not what you suggest, right?

In last version i added new optional component (back improved invisibility saving bonuses to original state), this component is tricky, it revert back one of bg2fixpack feature and must be installed after bg2fixpack. This is only one requirement to installation order.

I plan to revise this component to keep installation order independ, so AfterLIfe can be installed first or last, no matter

Edited by Insomniator, 04 June 2022 - 04:28 AM.

#85 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 08:16 AM

Infinity Animations new approach will require TobExAL to be installed first.

Infinity Sounds new version will also require TobExAL installed first.

BGT new version will have to check if BG1/BG2 mixed soundset is installed (not to overwrite BG1 character soundsets during the transition to BG2), so TobExAL must be installed first.

I'd still recommend installing TobEx+TobExAL at the beginning of the mod chain, because you can disable many hacks in the ini files without uninstalling.

#86 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 June 2022 - 08:55 AM

Good advice.

Thanks!

#87 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:13 AM

Updated  to v29.11
Added: Externalise Animation Config Override new columns
Added: Enable Off Hand Weapon BG1 Animation
Added: Enable Robe Armor Sound
Added: Reset Idle Timer After Weapon Equipped
Added: Weapon Speed Fix
Added: Party Bumpable When Moving
Added: Saving Throw Improved Invisible Bonus
Removed: Improved Invisibility saving throws +4 bonuses from patched spells

After removing last option, no more mod installation order dependies, TobEx AL can be installed before and after any mod. New versions of Infinity Sounds/Infinity Animation (if they will released) require TobEx AL installed first.

Edited by Insomniator, 18 June 2022 - 11:12 PM.

#88 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:00 AM

Excellent!

Thanks, Insomniator!  :cheers:

#89 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 03:26 PM

What does the weapon speed fix do?

#90 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:08 PM

What does the weapon speed fix do?

First post is what you need...

#91 eyre

eyre
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 03:56 PM

Hi Insomniator,

Thanks for your continued work on Tobex Afterlife, it is absolutely brilliant.  I'd like to report a minor visual issue that I've noticed beginning with version 29.11.  While the party is moving, clicking another point on the map can cause the party to "walk in place" while the engine re-computes the paths.  Typically the "walk in place" behavior takes less than a second to resolve, but there are times when it can take somewhat longer.  This is particularly noticeable when the player clicks on a portion of terrain that is impassible (such as a group of trees, water, et cetera) while the party is already moving.  This issue is readily reproducible on BGT games, and can also be witnessed in BG2 with only Tobex and Tobex Afterlife mods installed.  The issue no longer occurs after uninstalling Tobex Afterlife v29.11.  For me at least, this behavior somewhat immersion-breaking when it does happen.  I've attached a minimal WeiDU.log from BG2 in case it is useful.

Cheers!

Attached Files

#92 MikeX

MikeX
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 08:30 AM

Hi Insomniator,

thank's for your continuous support to keep this gem alive!

I've question about this:

Saving Throw Improved Invisible Bonus [Compatibility]

Enable +4 Saving Throw Bonus at engine level, doesn't apply bonus against creatures with ability to see invisible. Component not compatible with BG2 Fixpack! (BG2 Fixpack has own, but worse fix)

The version history says it is removed now.

What needs to be done to get BG2 fixpack and TobEx working alongside/together regarding this matter?

Edited by MikeX, 21 December 2022 - 08:31 AM.

#93 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 12:02 PM

Hi MikeX

Saving Throw Improved Invisible Bonus [Compatibility]

Enable +4 Saving Throw Bonus at engine level, doesn't apply bonus against creatures with ability to see invisible. Component not compatible with BG2 Fixpack! (BG2 Fixpack has own, but worse fix)

The version history says it is removed now.

What needs to be done to get BG2 fixpack and TobEx working alongside/together regarding this matter?

bg2fixpack adds Saving Throw Bonus versus all enemies if impr. invisible enabled.

To switch for TobEx AL implemenation need restore back some spells:

ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY cd_imp_invis BEGIN  // bg2fixpack
  spdr401 => spdr401a // Invisible Stalker Improved Invisibility
  spin687 => spin687a // Create Shadows
  spin698 => spin698a // Cerebus Improved Invisibility
  spwi405 => spwi405a // improved invis (mage)
  spwi505 => spwi505a // shadow door (mage)
  spwi607 => spwi607a // Mislead
  spwi721 => spwi721a // mass invisibility
  balth10 => balth10a // Shadow Stance!
  spin544 => spin544a // PSIONIC_SUPERIOR_INVISIBILITY
END

Original TobEx v26 always enable own bonus and with bg2fixpack bonuses are doubled(not really tested)

in AL added new option Effect Opcodes:Saving Throw Improved Invisible Bonus to enable own bonus if bg2fixpack not installed or spell was restored manually.

TobEx own bonus can be enabled only if main Saving Throw Fix option is also enabled

#94 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 05:11 AM

Ideally we should ask CamDawg to make BG2FP check for ToBEX AL and if the fix is already there, then the FPs one should be skipped.

#95 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 09:23 PM

Hi Andrea

Ideally we should ask CamDawg to make BG2FP check for ToBEX AL and if the fix is already there, then the FPs one should be skipped.

Unfortunately this breaks TobEx original concept - configurable options.

If "updated" bg2fixpack will be installed without bonuses, we must always keep Saving Throw Fix=1, but player may manually disable this option to back to original engine calculation.

So bg2fixpack must have this fix for all cases, I plan to re-enable this TobEx component to dynamicaly detect changed spells from hardcoded list and remove bg2fixpack's bonuses on-the-fly.

Spells with imp. invisible from MODs will be have original state - bonus versus all creatures, it is possible to fix it too, but this component must be installed separately and only after all these MODs, i.e. "after all mods"

Edited by Insomniator, 23 December 2022 - 10:11 PM.

#96 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2022 - 01:52 AM

Couldn't ToBEx AL undo the G3 Fixpack's Improved Invisibility Bonus by simply replacing it with its own version?

It would just require that ToBE AL be installed after the Fixpack.

#97 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 03:26 AM

Hi Salk

Couldn't ToBEx AL undo the G3 Fixpack's Improved Invisibility Bonus by simply replacing it with its own version?

It would just require that ToBE AL be installed after the Fixpack.

When component was added first time, it was doing exactly that you said, installer removes bonuses from *.spl (include from MODs) and enable dedicated tobex option.

BUT later if global option Saving Throw Fix will be changed to 0 by player, i.e. back to original engine way, we lost all bonuses:

1) original saving throw procedure missed bonuses

2) we changed files what bg2fixpack fixed

#98 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 December 2022 - 11:46 PM

Hello, Insomniator (and Merry Xmas)!

Thanks for your reply.

I have just one curiosity about the "old" method. Why would any user want to disable the Saving Throw Fix? It was enabled by default, right? You also wrote that Andrea's suggestion breaks the configurable options philosophy of ToBEx but I think that if a user messes up with the options without really knowing what they are doing then it's not ToBEx's fault, really.

What I am trying to say is that I think ToBEx's legitimate fixes should always be on because there is no valid reason to not want them. But if someone wants to manually turn them off to restore a bug in the game, then it's on them. The vast majority of users should not be penalized because there might be (but I am not sure there will be anyone wanting that) someone that prefers to put engine bugs back into the game.  :cheers:

#99 MikeX

MikeX
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:08 AM

Happy new year to all!

From Insomnator's list the following spells are overwritten by SR(R?), component 0, and thus removing(replacing?) the BG2 fixpack fixes:

spdr401

spwi405

spwi505

spwi607

spwi721

#100 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:29 AM

@Insomiator,

after installing TobEx_Afterlife, I have observed that when I click on the screen to change the destination of my party, they acting weird:

1. all the party walk on site wich looks strange

2. all party walk to the destination.

The behavior used to be before:

1. all party become idle

2. all party walk to the destination

This strange behavior also appends some times with no clear reason and the party member walk on site continually if no new order is given. I think this visual bug was not visible before as the idle action was chosen instead...

Does TobEx_Afterlife might have modified animation sequence ?

Edit: it seems to be linked to changes introduced in v29.11

Edited by TotoR, 22 January 2023 - 04:41 AM.