Photo

BiG World 19.1 bugs/problems

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:40 PM

But won't it screw my installation due to some install-order errors? Like it will overwrite some changes made by other mod and shred my mega-installation into pieces, blowing into my face in the least expected moment?

#42 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:59 PM

But won't it screw my installation due to some install-order errors? Like it will overwrite some changes made by other mod and shred my mega-installation into pieces, blowing into my face in the least expected moment?

Mostlikely not, and if it does, you can always move the failing file back from the last mods backup folder to the games override folder, after having made a backup. Well, that and fixing some variables and so forth and so on... but of course if you don't want to do any of that, then; you might like to play the non moded game anyways, as only then you could be reasonably sure that "the game doesn't have flaws"... ouh, but the G3Fixpack fixes hundreds of actually verified bugs, that were outsorced and fixed in BG2EE and ... yeah, you are definitely in the deep end now, so why not wade in just a little longer. :ROFL: 

And install order errors, are only those in name, as only the last installed mods changes are the ones the game actually retains.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#43 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:34 PM

Well, it seems I couldn't call it a day if there were no errors during any of my game-sessions. Many of them I fixed on my own, but there's another one I don't have an idea how to fix: the moment I enter Watcher's Keep area (AR3000) for the first time, I got "Watcher's Keep quest done" message and get an XP for that quest along with journal entry about how I completed it. WTF? Here's code from AR3000.bcs that governs that action:

IF
    SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])  // No such index
    Global("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        AddXP2DA("Plot01F")
        TakePartyItem("PLOT01Q")  // Helm's Scroll
        ActionOverride("Demogor1",DestroySelf())
        AmbientActivate("DoorMist02",FALSE)
        CloseDoor("Door02")
        DisplayStringHead(Player1,70619)  // All entrances to Demogorgon's Lair have now been sealed.
        EraseJournalEntry(62402)
        EraseJournalEntry(62423)
        EraseJournalEntry(62461)
        EraseJournalEntry(62481)
        EraseJournalEntry(62987)
        EraseJournalEntry(63049)
        EraseJournalEntry(63048)
        EraseJournalEntry(63091)
        AddJournalEntry(71078,QUEST_DONE)
        SetGlobal("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL",1)

What is that SpellCastInnateRES? And why it returns true?

Edited by Vakarian89, 17 January 2022 - 12:34 PM.

#44 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:02 PM

Hi,

you can look at this:

http://www.shsforums...ers-keep/page-2

Conclusion, lolfixer have to be used with caution...

The only solution seems to fix Lollrian mod or to fix Trigger 0x00A7 SpellCastInnateRES(S:Spell,O:Object) in TobEx... or maybe copy/past : SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],HELM_RITUAL_SCROLL)

Edited by TotoR, 17 January 2022 - 01:17 PM.

#45 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:43 PM

Hi TotoR,

and thank you very much for the solution! I've checked the topic you linked, but I'm too small to try and fix triggers in TobEx myself, so I've just changed the IF function criteria with the one you provided. It works for now, so thanks again!

#46 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:15 PM

I've made it to the Throne of Bhaal part of the trilogy and I've run into another problem. On the worldmap, when I hover a coursor over any place when I can go (so, for now, Forest of Tethyr and Watcher's Keep) and the tooltip with travel time should unroll, the game crashes. The same is if I click a place to travel. In both cases there's a pop-up window with a message: an assertion failed in CWorldMap.cpp at line number 1194. Anyone knows how to fix it or at least where to start looking? I don't have to mention that I REALLY would like to make it to the end of the trilogy, since I made it this far and, well, got myself pretty involved in the story.