Photo

My BWP19.1 install is taking too long...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 huangjiyang

huangjiyang
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:56 AM

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post and I'm not a navtive english speaker, so please pardon my spelling and so on.

I'm trying to install BWP19.1 with GOG verion of both game. In my first attemp, I chose a BGT installation with Februariu's preselection. After downloading all mod with the installer (maybe 1 or 2 mods where left out due to connection issues), the install batch (launched with Admin Right and I DID the reboot thing), but the installer ran like 6+ days before I force closed it. I believe before force close, the installer was running "setup-1pp.exe" over and over again (and "setup-1pp.debug" file has grown near 2GB). There were 1 error message I remember: when "Listing all exisiting mod" the install batch terminated with "someting is too long/out of limit" or so. and I just relaunched the install batch and skipped it.

So, is it normal to take days? Or what did I may done wrong?

My Spec:

Hardware:

12GB RAM

AMD A10-5757M APU

SSD Disk with 30GB+ freespace

Install dir is on C: since I only have a single partition and I'm familiar with Windows UAC.

PS: I'm now on my 2nd attempt with the same install options, and I didn't want to go through the whole "fresh install" again so I just removed the "BWP*.txt/log" and "setup-XXX.debug" files so the installer just start over.

THANKS

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:22 AM

One of the mods ran into an error... that's bad. You could copy the setup-....debug file to a different directory and archive it as a .zip archive, upload that to somewhere and then ask for the help in this forum. It's a text file, which means it can be made into very tiny .zip archive file, compared to the original.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 huangjiyang

huangjiyang
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:33 AM

Thanks, But there are so many .debug files :( Maybe I can have a look at them myself. What should I be looking for? Error messages? What might cause 1pp setup to run over and over for days? Or should I try a smaller preselection?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:59 AM

What should I be looking for?

Well, let's say you use Notepad to peek at the (setup-1pp.debug) file, depending on your install it can give the start of the install in 35 lines and then it asks for a few option to install the components with, after which it will show you a representation of the weidu.log -files content... now, at that point you can copy a portion of that, and then use the Notepads search function for that exact line, and any time you see it happen again in the further under the first time under that line, it's a sign that a bad error has happened, so anything above those points is a good place to start looking at.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 huangjiyang

huangjiyang
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 07:15 PM

Ok, I tried with a fresh install with 3 different preselections. The installer always quit when displaying "mods that would be installed" with error "was unexpected at the time", the last entry on screen is always "19. Major Tweaks".

I will try skip that part and see what happens, Report later.