Adding Imoen Forever to the Individual.bat and GemRB advice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:39 AM

Would someone mind giving me some advice before I get this big old thing started and screw something up?

I add:

Call %EINST% imoen_forever "1 2 3 4"

To the end of the Quest mods, before the NPC mods?

I want just the first 4 components to try this on a BGT install (I know most of the content is for SoD) because I want to try the new GemRB release, too.  I am not including Alternatives or Saerilith (cringe), so I don't need the compatibility component and the rest of the components are for EE.

Also, any advice on mods to omit for GemRB?  I know they suggest not to add any mods that would change the executable, so should I omit 1PP, Aurora, IA?  Anything else?

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:18 AM

If at all, please install Imoen4Ever as the very first Quest mod. It's important for the BGII components that they are installed before any additional reply options or NPC interactions are added to the game dialogues.

EDIT: Otherwise it could be that there are still reply options that ask about kidnapped Imoen. Other problems of older versions with regard to tagging the wrong reply options in case the numbering was shifted are no longer an issue in the current version thanks to argent77's "patch the correct reply option" function.

Edited by jastey, 21 July 2021 - 04:20 AM.

#3 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:27 PM

Thanks!

First Quest Mod.  Got it.  

Would you happen to know if my line in the individual.bat is correct for what I want to install (the first 4 components)?

Call %EINST% imoen_forever "1 2 3 4"

Edit:  Would it be "0 1 2 3"?

Edited by Darpaek, 21 July 2021 - 01:29 PM.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

The first 4 components would be 0 1 2 3. I don't know the syntax for the individual.bat.

#5 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:31 PM

Thank you!

#6 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:50 AM

Well, it installed.  Which is awesome.  However, I think I screwed up the rest of my install.  BGT runs in GemRB, but if I try to run it from BGMain, TobEx opens and nothing else happens.  GemRB runs, but it has a whole bunch of graphical glitches and the journal keeps opening for no reason.  I really hoped it would have worked because I've always wanted to try 10pp.

I think I should use one of the other predesigned batch files and just add Imoen 4 Ever to it.  I don't know which one, though.  I want quest mods, I want good NPCs, I don't want kits, I'm cool with overpowered items.  Anyone have a suggestion for which to modify?