Photo

Manual .tiz files unpacking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:58 AM

Without an unnecessary preface, to the point: is there any way to manually unpack .tiz files to .tis? I don't want to re-install the whole BWP just to get those few files that for some reason weren't unpacked, so I thought I'll unpack them myself and place them in override folder. Or is the unpacking process not so easy as I think?

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:54 PM

You can use TileConv or the older (original) TISpack.  Both are command-line tools.  If you require a GUI, PS gui can do it.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3 Vakarian89

Vakarian89
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:31 AM

I knew about TileConv and TISpack, but they struck me as, well, not-quite user friendly (to tell the truth, I failed to use them properly), but PS gui is just what I needed. Thank you very much for solving my problem!