Can't enter World Map after Mulahey's Death

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Azaghal

Azaghal
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 02:24 AM

Hello all you helpful souls,

finished my multimod install with the help of several members of this forum and it's running quite well. But now I've encountered a gamebreaking and strange bug: Went down the Nashkel mines, killed Mulahey and left through the backdoor aka the exit to the Valley of Tombs. After surfacing there I wanted to report to the Nashkel mayor but couldn't leave the area. All I get is "Gather your party" messages. Even using the CluaConsole didn't help. It only teleported me to the upper left corner of the map, when it was supposed to take me to Beregost (AR3300). Don't mess with me I thought,and reverted to an older save and left the mines the way you enter them. Up the levels and back out through the front door. Polite thanks from the miner's boss and then: "Gather your party" when I want to leave the map. Grrr.

WeiDu-log attached.

Thanks for any suggestions

Azaghal

EDIT: It's a BGT installation.

EDIT: Typos.

Attached Files

Edited by Azaghal, 16 July 2022 - 02:25 AM.

#2 eyre

eyre
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:01 AM

I encountered a similar issue a while ago during a BGT game. My suspicion is that you need to upgrade to the newest version (8.19) of the bg2-tweaks-and-tricks mod. Version 8.17 fixed an issue with invisible minions with respect to the improved traps components.

#3 Azaghal

Azaghal
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 10:10 PM

I'll give it a try and report back. Don't know how I managed to catch this old fish among my downloads.

Thanks anyway.

Azaghal

#4 Azaghal

Azaghal
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:11 PM

Yup, that did the trick. Actually I left out the improved trap components completely, because the concept did not appeal to me anyway.

Now I can proceed normally, so thank you very much again.

Azaghal

#5 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 12:51 AM

@Azaghal

Can you tell how you install bwp

when i install bwp, i find if i use weidu 246,STRATAGEMS 34.3 can't be installed

if i use weidu 249 ,INFINITYANIMATIONS can't be installed

Can you tell me how to install both INFINITYANIMATIONS and STRATAGEMS 34.3

thank you so much

Edited by new(Mike), 17 August 2022 - 01:06 AM.

#6 Azaghal

Azaghal
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2022 - 09:11 AM

Hi new(Mike),

sorry for the late reply. Been on vacation the second half of August.

While following the BWP 19.2 install order, several of the older mods still come with outdated WeiDU versions like 246 or 247 (249 being the latest). Generally there should be no problem of downward compatibility and WeiDu autoupdates when it finds a newer version among of the mods. But in one case I had to force-install with the use of an older version. The problem and the how-to is discussed here http://www.shsforums...-biffing/page-4.

But since it's not IA I am not sure it will help you.

I remember having problems with IA (not during installation) so I dropped it completely. Never been a great fan. So I can't give further advice. But maybe the force installation of IA with an older WeiDU will be worth a try.

Good luck and please report your results!

Azaghal

#7 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 04:52 PM

@Azaghal

thank you so much

I tried some times,I find except IA,other mods can be installed with weidu 249
So I install other mods with weidu 249 and install IA with weidu 246
In this case, I find the IA component 710 and 7000 is not compatible
If 710 or 7000 is installed, I create a new game, I create my charter when I enter the game,the game exit without any message,any there isn't any message in the Baldur.err

without 710 or 7000, I can enter the game and play

the game isn't stable, when some monsters appear, the game will exit

Edited by new(Mike), 03 September 2022 - 01:15 AM.