Photo

Customize container capacities

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Feamane

Feamane
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 03:13 PM

Hi, I never understood why gem bags hold 20 while potion cases hold 50. I'm sure everyone has their own ideas on how many items each kind of container should hold. Tactical players probably just want large capacities, while role-players probably want values that seem realistic to them. How about a little mod that lets you set the capacity for each type of container based on name (bag of holding, gem bag, potion case, scroll case, etc.)? Yes, it can be done by hand with NI, but it is tedious. How hard would it be to write a.tp2 file to do it? I'm surprised none of yhe big tweak packs have this--or did I miss something? Regards DJ

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 11:54 PM

I would check whether Tweaks Anthology already offers such option?

#3 Feamane

Feamane
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 12:17 AM

Hi, Thanks for the reply! I normally install Tweaks Anthology and it doesn't have it AFAIK. It has Add Bags of Holding, Bottomless Bags of Holding, and the four Increase Stacking options. None of the other tweak packs (aTweaks, d0tweaks, TBtweaks, AlmaTweaks, etc.) I install have it either. If someone has already done this then it is in a more obscure mod. How difficult would it be to do it? Thanks, DJ

#4 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 03:16 AM

aTweaks component 502 (Manually enter the storage capacity value) allows manually setting the container's size. Isn't that enough?

Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard tbh, Tweaks's Unique Containers have the static list of files for iteration, so that would help as well.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 01 August 2022 - 03:19 AM.

#5 Feamane

Feamane
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 04:57 PM

I guess I never read the full description carefully. I saw the title "Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers" and didn't think it was of interest to me. I will have to try it. Thank you for the information! Regards, DJ