Oddities with game play with many mods

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 07:51 AM

You would grab the most current gtimes.ids via Near Infinity (in the OVERRIDE or the ids folder depending on your settings).

But, I think I know what happened for you, and it's not good. IEP Banter Accelerator deinstalls any already installed Banter Accelerator. And by doing so, weidu has to deinstall - and reinstall - all mods that were installed in between.

The DEBUG throws a lot of errors, e.g.:

Unable to Unlink [keto\Backup/2/MOVE.2]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "keto\\Backup/2/MOVE.2")

Which is not a good sign but could be ok in the end. But then it says:

[iepbanters/scripts/baldur.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 16-74
Near Text: )
    [RealSetGlobalTimer] argument [I#BANTER_TIMER] not found in [GTimes.IDS]

What probably happened? Well... first IEP Banters patched the gtimes.ids with the I#BANTER_TIMER entry.

Then it told weidu to uninstall any older banter accelerator. Uninstalling all the mods in between lead to weidu restoring the files from the backups of the mods that were installed in between - with the old gtimes.ids inside because apparently, one of the other mods changed it, too. Which doesn't contain an entry for I#BANTER_TIMER.

It installed all other mods again - still no new entry for I#BANTER_TIMER, because IEP banters thinks it already did this.

Then it tries to compile the additional scripts, not finding an entry for I#BANTER_TIMER, giving an error and setting to to "0".

Ouch.

Is this for the install with the weidu.log you attached here? Because I don't see iepbanters even in there. I would have expected to find it with a "INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS".

For your case I can only offer you a quick fix.

Deinstall the Stutter Debug Tool.

Open Baldur.bcs with Near Infinity.

Replace any line you see with

RealSetGlobalTimer("I#BanterTimer","GLOBAL",0)

with:

RealSetGlobalTimer("I#BanterTimer","GLOBAL",2700)

Klick the "compile" button, then save the baldur.bcs.

This should fix the stutter because now the timer will actually run.

#22 MacSatan

MacSatan
  • 34 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:37 AM

Yes, this is for the install the the WeiDu.log came from.  That is most bizarre, the iepbanters is not listed in the WeiDu file.  

I can do that, search and replace the Global entries like you said.  I am most grateful that you have a solution at all.  I was worried I might have to start from scratch.

I did notice one oddity, I had to boot Nalia out after clearing the Keep, when she was in the group the cutscene would trigger and then freeze.  I kicked her out and the running block entries went away.  Is this an issue with the original npc characters only?

Here is times.ids file you mentioned from the override folder.

Attached Files

#23 MacSatan

MacSatan
  • 34 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:45 AM

Quick question about the baldur.bcs file, I searched for that string, RealSetGlobalTimer("I#BanterTimer","GLOBAL",0), and it found 6 hits.  Does that sound about right?

#24 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 10:34 AM

I searched for that string, RealSetGlobalTimer("I#BanterTimer","GLOBAL",0), and it found 6 hits.  Does that sound about right?

Yes, because the banter accelerator adds 6 script blocks, from 1 group member up to 6 group members dependent on how many are in the party.

Here is times.ids file you mentioned from the override folder.

Which is missing the needed entry, as I suspected.

I did notice one oddity, I had to boot Nalia out after clearing the Keep, when she was in the group the cutscene would trigger and then freeze.  I kicked her out and the running block entries went away.  Is this an issue with the original npc characters only?

I don't understand what you mean exactly. If with "running block entries" you mean the output from the Stutter Debug Tool, I can only stress that I'd really suggest to deinstall it and only install it for explicite debugging cases.

#25 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 10:36 AM

Oh, and you need to edit the baldur.bcs after deinstalling the Stutter Debug Tool, because upon deinstalling it will restore the backupped baldur.bcs, erasing any edits you did from the version in OVERRIDE.

#26 MacSatan

MacSatan
  • 34 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2022 - 11:55 AM

Do I need to make an entry in the gtimes.ids?

To clarify about Nalia, I kicked her out of the party and then continued to play with m character and 3 mod npcs.  The stutter debug was still installed, I had not received your post as of that time.  Without her in the party, the running block lines would trigger one time for which ever character  was performing something.  With her int he party I got what you saw in the screen shots where it was looping.  

I have uninstalled the stutter debug and verified the baldur.bcs changes.  

Soo far this has resolved the traveling issue that I was having ( some npcs would stop moving before hitting the green target ) and I am hoping that it might resolve the stopping infight issue. I will update after a battle.

#27 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:26 PM

Do I need to make an entry in the gtimes.ids?

Hmm, maybe that would have worked as well. I was unsure because of the "0" in the scripts, though. If you changed those to "2700", you do not need to edit the gtimes.ids.

Good luck!

The Banter Accelerator script is bit unfortunate as it will stop one NPC when running no matter what they are doing at that moment - but with teh edits, this will only happen every 45 minutes (2700 s).

Regarding Nalia: I guess that was a coincidence.

#28 MacSatan

MacSatan
  • 34 posts

Donator

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:00 AM

Jastey, a huge thank you!!  the changes you told me make have made the game seem completely normal.  No weird walking, no one stops in mid combat.  I truly appreciate your time and work to help me out.  Thank  you very much, I owe you a drink as you have helped me out a jam on more than one occasion.  thank you!

As a side note, I had mentioned that Rejiek was unkillable.  That did not stop the progression of that quest nor the subsequent quest in Trademeet, I was able to complete both, which was nice. 

#29 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words! I'm glad you are back to enjoying your playthrough. :cheers: