BG2 BGT BGEE BG2EE EET

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:12 PM

Andrea, I've been thinking... is it possible for you to create the similar component to EE-style descriptions, but for EE games? I mean, to turn all items that have classic style descriptions to EE-style, but for EE game. There are EE compatible mods that offer both styles, depending of which game you're playing, but some mods offer only classic style descriptions, even if compatible with EEs in every other aspect. But the main purpose of my request is to dynamically turn the descriptions of IR® items to EE style. IR® description style is like upgraded vanilla style, but still inferior in my opinion to EE style. But the real dealbreaker for me is to have a mix of item description styles in the game (IR style for original items and EE or vanilla style for modded items, depending if modder offers two style for different engine). I would love to have all descriptions in my EE game in EE-style, no matter which mods I install.

#22 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:21 PM

Ah, yes, forgot to mention I chose not to cover Neera cause the sound set I saw was all about her hearing Adoys voice in her head. Where can I find the other one?

In bdneera.bcs (overrides only a selected few of the other one and yeah, the Happy line is bad and would be better if it would be partially cut to only "You're good people. I like to see that."):

IF
    GlobalGT("bd_neera_plot","GLOBAL",13)
    Global("bd_QuestFinishedSounds","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68559,BATTLE_CRY2)  // DON'T YOU DARE MAKE THAT FACE AT ME!
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68560,LEADER)  // All right! Now... everyone, meatshield me.
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68561,BORED)  // Doo-doo-doo-da-dee-doh-ba-ba-boo... ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-baaa...
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68562,SELECT_COMMON2)  // Hi there!
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68563,SELECT_COMMON4)  // Yeeees?
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68564,SELECT_COMMON5)  // What's up, buttercup?
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68565,SELECT_ACTION1)  // No problemo.
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68566,SELECT_ACTION2)  // Right away.
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68567,SELECT_ACTION3)  // Absolutely!
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68568,AREA_DAY)  // Here comes the sun. I say, it's all right!
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68569,AREA_NIGHT)  // *yawn* I suppose we've still got more to do, don't we?
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68570,SELECT_ACTION4)  // Isn't silence wonderful?
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68571,SELECT_ACTION5)  // You are my FAVORITE.
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68574,CRITICAL_MISS)  // Whoop! Missed!
        SetPlayerSound(Myself,68575,HAPPY)  // You're good people. I like to see that, especially in children of murder gods.
        SetGlobal("bd_QuestFinishedSounds","LOCALS",1)
END

Although when it comes to Neera, I'd prefer if the mixed mode can even override "Taste magic!" for "EAT FLAMING - or uh, possibly frosty - DEATH!". 

Edited by Graion Dilach, 28 July 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#23 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:00 PM

Remember, regardless of what you think of your work, this may be the exact thing someone has greatly desired!

You make a fair point. I'll post something over at G3 then.

It doesn't look like I have permission to initiate a thread in that particular sub forum.

Andrea, I've been thinking... is it possible for you to create the similar component to EE-style descriptions, but for EE games?

Possible? Sure.

Also very time consuming.

I'm not beyond doing it for IR, but I'd need a list of item codes and their IR® description in order to adapt it. I could write a component for the EE with a dependency on IR® that changes the format of the descriptions. If there's a way to do this dynamically for all items installed by other mods, however, I honestly do not how to do it.

In bdneera.bcs (overrides only a selected few of the other one and yeah, the Happy line is bad and would be better if it would be partially cut to only "You're good people. I like to see that."):

Although when it comes to Neera, I'd prefer if the mixed mode can even override "Taste magic!" for "EAT FLAMING - or uh, possibly frosty - DEATH!".

Thank you, and agreed about the "EAT FLAMING" remark. I also like that line better.

I don't mind the other one though, should the fancy strike me, I could also try to cut it in Audacity.

Edited by Andrea C., 28 July 2021 - 11:50 PM.

#24 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:44 AM

RC4 is up with Neera's soundset included in the "SoD soundsets for BG:EE" component.

The HAPPY line was cut in Audacity to stop at, "I like to see that!" and I added a text string to match.

The mixed version uses "EAT FLAMING [...]" as BATTLE_CRY1.

I also changed the reference page in the INI file to this thread.

Edited by Andrea C., 29 July 2021 - 12:45 AM.

#25 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:10 AM

Nice mod.

Two questions:

1) The dragon breath fix - have you reported this to Beamdog? 

2) BG-style archery for SoA/ToBThis component restores bows and arrows to their full BG1 glory across the saga. Fun for all versions of the game (except obviously BG1 and BG:EE.)

What does this mean? Did you buff their damage, added new bows or.. ?

#26 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:15 AM

1) The dragon breath fix - have you reported this to Beamdog?

Yes.

What does this mean? Did you buff their damage, added new bows or.. ?

In BG2 they reduced the bonuses to THAC0 and damage granted by bows and reduced the bonus damage from some of the arrows (in particular acid arrows.) I think they also removed the enchantment bonus to THAC0 (or was it damage?) from arrows. My mod undoes those changes and brings bows and arrows back to what they were in BG1.

Edited by Andrea C., 29 July 2021 - 01:16 AM.

#27 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:09 AM

Possible? Sure.

Also very time consuming.

I'm not beyond doing it for IR, but I'd need a list of item codes and their IR® description in order to adapt it. I could write a component for the EE with a dependency on IR® that changes the format of the descriptions. If there's a way to do this dynamically for all items installed by other mods, however, I honestly do not how to do it.

Ah, I misunderstood how EE-style descriptions works. It patches jus vanilla items, right? I thought you have found a way to patch all items including mod added.

A component for patching IR® items to EE style would be fantastic, but I fear it would not solve my main problem with this mod. Two great components (Revised Armors and Revised Items) are patching (with the use of complex regexp functions) all mod added items to change item descriptions according to the item/weapons changes that those components introduce. The problem is that those regexp functions detect only vanilla and IR style descriptions, but not EE-style descriptions. So, this component of yours would need to patch item descriptions that are already modified by Item and Weapon revised components, which now when I think of, would be crazy difficult to write. Eh, I'm doomed :(

#28 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:25 AM

On G3, talk to jastey regarding making a news post since you have this spiffy mod to show.

#29 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:31 AM

Ill ask her :)

And to think I figured it would be the Nostalgia Pack to grab the most attention!

#30 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:47 AM

Pushed a little update.

I've moved a number of items from "Random Stuff No One Wants" to "Miscellaneous" for consistency, and added to it a recolored icon for the Siege of Dragonspear's Dragonscale Armor, alongside a recolor of the item itself to better match its new icon.

EDIT:

Almost forgot—miscellaneous now also assigns the correct "enrage" icon to berserkers' Enrage ability on the Enhanced Editions (Almateria's Restoration Project already does this, but it doesn't install on BG:EE—just BGII:EE and EET—so I figured I'd do this. I've also reported it to Beamdog.)

Edited by Andrea C., 30 July 2021 - 06:31 AM.

#31 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:08 AM

New version up.

- From RC4 to v1.0.

- Added recolored icons for Martyr's Morningstar, Severance, and Wand of Water Elemental Summoning.

- Swapped Neera's SoD "tired" line with its BG:EE counterpart in the "mixed" version of the SoD soundsets component.

#32 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:13 AM

Think you typoed this, because on the mixed setup, Neera's BORED and IWDEE_TIRED2 are the same line now. You cut out the humming line. I guess you wanted to cut out the "Let me sleeep. Sleeeeeeep. So tiiired." line but I don't see why.

#33 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:32 AM

I'm going to check and upload a fixed version.

I like the BG:EE tired sound better, but it's not a big deal.

#34 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:34 AM

I agree that the BGEE one is better, but the whole point of using the IWD variant slots like TIRED2 is to have both and then let the game play one or the other when required. The mixed mode should only omit lines when it run out of no sound slots to place them IMO (like how the line was drawn at battle cries and selection sounds).

#35 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

Fixed version's up.

I restored the bored line and left the tired line alone.

#36 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:07 AM

New minor update to the Miscellaneous Tweaks component:

- Replaced Rancor's icon with a recolored BG1 icon that suits the item much better (the original icon was clearly a recolor of a long sword, and this is supposed to be a 2H sword.)

- Reduced the size of the Ring of the Tiny Fiend by approx. 25% to better align to the size of other rings.

- Increased the size of Barrytil's Burden to match the size of other rings.

- Updated the icon for Marek's Potion of Antidote (a unique icon existed in the game but was not used in the classics.)

Edited by Andrea C., 02 August 2021 - 07:58 AM.

#37 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:22 AM

Bumped to v1.1

- Pulled the icon flip for bows from the Miscellaneous component as BG2 Fixpack already does that.

- Updated the icon for the Vial of Strange Liquid (a unique icon existed in the game but was not used in the classics.)

- Fixed a typo in the icon thing for Marek's Potion of Antidote.

- Updated the Readme.

#38 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 01:25 AM

v1.2

- The Use original portraits for EE NPCs component now extends to Glint Gardnersonson from Siege of Dragonspear. *

- Replace the Abyssal Blade's original icon (also clearly a recolored long sword) with a recolored 2H sword icon from BG1.

- Random Stuff No One Wants now also assigns the death tyrant sprite to death tyrants in BGII:EE, while simultaneously fixing their INI settings.

* I've been trying to get in touch with Isandir to secure permission to include his rendition of Glint's portrait in my mod as well, but he does not appear to be around. Should he grant his blessing, I'll include it; until then, I strongly advise you check it out here and grab it for your personal use if you like it.

Edited by Andrea C., 05 August 2021 - 01:25 AM.

#39 eyre

eyre
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 08:24 AM

First of all, thank you for releasing this mod, I have several components installed on my current BGT game. I'm posting to report a couple of issues that I have noticed regarding the class description changes:

1. In tra/en_US/classes.tra, the descriptions for paladin and barbarian share reference @2000714, resulting in the barbarian description being shown when the paladin class is selected during character creation.

2. Protagonist gender placeholders in the class descriptions, e.g. <PRO_HISHER>, <PRO_HESHE>, etc. are not being substituted in the rendering of the class descriptions in game. I've attached a screenshot of this for the druid class, but any class description using these placeholders is affected.

classes_descriptions_issue.png

#40 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:35 PM

Thank you for reporting these issues.

Ill try to have a fixed version up by the end of the week.