• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 11:18 PM

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the next update of the Worldmap mod (which seems to add an exceptional component !!!), will change the location of High Hedge...

I don't know your reason or if the decision is final, but it feels arbitrary and I would like to know if the choice can be made at installation ?

This change could also cause problems with certain dialogues in original game...

@10924 = ~You ain't a mage are ya? You got some fancy clothes on ya, so you could be a mage. I don't trust mages, you know. Especially not that Thalantyr fellow west of Beregost. He's mean, he is. Has his minions attack anyone that disturbs him.~
@14807 = ~Yeah, a gnoll. There's one 'oled up in the hills due west of 'ere, close to the High Hedge. Damn thievin' ball-o-fur stole my short sword two days back.~
 @5699  = ~Blast it all! Well, there is nothing else I *cluck* can do except my most hated option. There is a tower directly to the west of *cluck* Beregost, about which can be found the mage Thalantyr. I am his apprentice, and I am certain he will *cluck* aid me.~

Spoiler

And with some mods...

@1226 = ~A mage near Beregost has been searching for these bracers. You need to travel to the High Hedge.~

@1227 = ~We can help but you need to travel to the High Hedge, west of Beregost, to see the mage Thalantyr.~

Anyway, thank you for your hard work !

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 01:07 PM

Seems like an oversight to me. I am against moving High Hedge this far. Which version is this, the master on GitHub? Do you know who made the changes?

#3 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 01:58 PM

It is the current master branch on GitHub. Changes made by Weigo I believe.

#4 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 03:58 PM

Yes for bgt_areas.tbl and eet_areas.tbl...

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 01:46 AM

Thanks, I'll ask him but if anyone wants to revert the move, feel free to make a PR.

#6 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 03:05 PM

Pull request sent... for bgt_areas.tbl and eet_areas.tbl. (Hopefully I did it right)

WORLDMAP.Revert.PNG

The new component added by weigo87 is really amazing, many thanks ! (I don't know if it's a possibility, but maybe a little more height would be even better...)

Before :

Spoiler

After :
Spoiler

Edited by JohnBob, 27 December 2022 - 03:06 PM.

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:34 AM

Thanks!

Weigo said he wanted to prevent are texts to overlap but High Hedge definitely is too far north, that wasn't intended.

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:37 AM

Roberciiik: sorry to put this here, maybe you see it. You rerported that for the current commits, all areas would be visible from the start.

Weigo's reply: "In Setup-BIP-BGB-worldmap.tp2 in line 11 should be set debug_reveal =0".

#9 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:42 AM

Thank you, Jastey. I think it should be changed before releasing a next version of Worldmap.

#10 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 01:14 AM

Thank you Jastey !

I take this opportunity to thank Roberciiik too, for all the work he does on several mods, your additions look really good !

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 01:33 AM

You have my thanks for reporting and your work on this! It's a bit unfortunate that so many things were changed without testing, first. So, thank you (all) for spotting these things.

Roberciik: definitely. I am kind of hoping you will make a PR.  :whistling:

#12 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 11:44 AM

I barely noticed the difference in positioning for High Hedge, but I understand others noticed it more and cared about it more.  Thanks for fixing it.

EDIT: May we get this 'debug' option as an install time option?  This way, people know it exists, even if it's somewhat spoilery.  (I only learned about it from this thread.)

Thankee again!

Edited by Endarire, 28 December 2022 - 10:29 PM.

#13 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 11:32 PM

May we get this 'debug' option as an install time option?  This way, people know it exists, even if it's somewhat spoilery.  (I only learned about it from this thread.)

No. It would require an optional component EDIT: more like a complete restructure of tp2, and since you have to start a new game for changes on the worldmap, I do not see any use in it for players.

#14 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 02:54 AM

A recent NearInfinity on the current Java platforms should be able to read worldmaps anyway, there's no need to expose the ingame debug option at this point. One might still need to increase the available memory for Java for it though, I acknowledge that mine starts on ~8 GB, because I have a 32 GB system, but that does allow me to open the WMP of every megamod installation I have around in View mode.