BETA TESTING

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#21 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:21 AM

Thats off the Bioware Tech Support Board for BGII. Its a great help. I had to do an uninstall once using that methodology and it worked fine. Just make sure to read each line carefully before doing anything.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#22 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:21 AM

:) Thank you, Littiz, I shall try that. I'm determined to show UU that *I'm* the greatest beta tester.

#23 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:09 PM

And we are waiting for your return - I hope you succeed with the installation! ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#24 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:06 AM

After additional weeks of work on Refinements, we seem to have finished v1. It is 99.99% finished, and hereby I announce that the beta-testing period is about to start in the following days.

Everyone who volunteered on the testing please contact me in PM (if I didn't contact you first)!
Posted Image

#25 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:13 PM

Perhaps you can send a copy to alagarr@baraban.com (the other email is full). While I might not do the testing itself, I'll look at it code-wise so I can perhaps incorporate the HLA-tables into LC (it won't be compatible, so this is the best solution).

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#26 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

We will discuss the details of that transfer once the beta-test is finished, I would like to vanquish every possible bug before starting to distribute the mod itself. ;)
Posted Image

#27 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:39 PM

*** IMPORTANT!!! ***

Refinements urgently needs 2-3 beta-testers! The test is about to start in a day or two, but since some of our original testers declined because of RL and time issues, we lack the required number of gamers.

If you can find the time to testing Refinements v1., please contact me via PM as soon as possible - we will discuss any details then. ;)

Many thanks for any possible volunteers!
TGM
Posted Image

#28 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:55 AM

The newest beta has been sent to most of our testers, please install it!
Posted Image

#29 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:00 AM

Again, an updated version of the beta is available for our testers, I'll send it later today to all of you. ;)
Posted Image

#30 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 06:36 AM

Just as above - the newest version of the beta is available for testers with the latest additions and corrections to the mod. I'm going to send you the package today, Caedwyr - please contact me via MSN Messenger! ;)
Posted Image

#31 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:07 PM

New beta available! I'll send it to every tester tomorrow (Caedwyr, you can get it on MSN).
BTW, I'd like to see more progress reports from our testers. Only Caveman is doing it at 100%, so please ladies & gentlemen, keep me informed. ;)
Posted Image

#32 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:40 AM

Since I'm usually in charge of bug-fixing, I'd appreciate to receive some reports as well...

I've finally had the list of testers, so, let us know what's happening now and then ;)

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#33 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:54 AM

Harbringer had a report about a possible conflict between the sword angel and delainy's bard kit. You can find the bug report here

I've recieved the newest version of the beta, and I'll take a look at it when I get the chance, probably around friday of this week.

If you are planning on releasing the mod this week, I say go for it. I think most of the game crashing bugs have been caught, and for bug fixing, the mod would benefit from having a larger audience.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#34 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:06 AM

Because of my personal issues I'd like to wait with the release after the 18th of April. ;)
Posted Image

#35 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:26 AM

Harbringer had a report about a possible conflict between the sword angel and delainy's bard kit. You can find the bug report here

Heh, the link is to the protected Del bugs & balancing forum, so I'll just repost Harbinger's report:

I'm beta testing the Refinements mod, and upon installing I noticed something rather disturbing about Del. It seems one of the components in that mod render alot of weapons unusable to Del., she was unable to use any missile weapons, and could not equip any bracers. I'm thinking its the shapeshifter refinement.

Wait something else Del's kit is listed as a plain Bard also.

I believe it's tied to the changes made to the usability flags by Refinements, but I haven't had time to track it down fully yet.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#36 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:36 AM

I believe it's tied to the changes made to the usability flags by Refinements, but I haven't had time to track it down fully yet.

I'd be surprised, actually.
Refinements leaves most bracers and missile weapons alone, they should be normally usable by the other classes.

The reported situation seems a very typical case of utilization of Kensai's UNUSABLE value (no missiles, no bracers, armors already prohibited to Delainy) yet Cam should know if he had use it :mellow:

Very strange, but I can't tell anything more since I don't have the Delainy mod.
If you let me know some technical details I'll try to solve the problem (assuming Refinements IS the problem...)

#37 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:44 AM

Anyway, it might depend on wrong installation procedures.

Example: you had a savegame with Delainy.
For some reason you uninstalled Delainy, installed Refinements, then Delainy again, and tried to re-open the same savegame.
What happened is that you had just messed the order of kits assignments.

Basically, if you want to reuse old savegames in which new kits are used, you must reproduce the original order of installation of all the kit-adding stuff.

Safest thing is always install and start a new game, but testers have an harder job ;)

#38 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:47 AM

Del uses the usability flags for a true class bard and a shapeshifter, no Kensai flags. Littiz, could you email the latest tp2 or a link to it so I can take a look?

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#39 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:51 AM

Read my reply just above, I'm sure I've guessed right. ;)

#40 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:56 AM

Ah, some cross-posting action. :) I'll check with Harbinger re: installation order.

____