• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#201 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:06 AM

She's a fragile girl missing her soul. Perhaps you can bend her to your will?

#202 -NybCR-

-NybCR-

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:26 PM

I'm making it an option for the player to try, I mean that's only logical since so many people are interested in pursuing this path, but that doesn't mean Imoen will return your affections.

I'm making it an option for the player to try, I mean that's only logical since so many people are interested in pursuing this path, but that doesn't mean Imoen will return your affections.

Should there really even be an option? I mean, there is already a mod for an Imoen Romance. If people want to romance her, then they can just download THAT mod. If they just want her to remain their cute little sister, then they can download the Imoen Relationship. Theres no need for an option, really... unless, of course, you believe the creator(s) of the Imoen Romance did a crappy job (I'm not saying that you think that, I'm just saying there's little other reason)...

Regardless, it's really your choice... I just thought I'd recommend you spend your time writing playful, sibling-ish taunts instead of flirts.

#203 AG3

AG3
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:41 PM

Should there really even be an option?  I mean, there is already a mod for an Imoen Romance.  If people want to romance her, then they can just download THAT mod.

Well, you could just NOT romance Imoen in Lord M's mod too, as there is plenty of content that isn't romance-specific (and even more when the ToB part is finished). By your logic, that means Quitch shouldn't make this relationship mod at all, as people can just get extra "strictly sibling" content from the other mod as well.

Personally, I think there can't be too much Imoen in BG2.

Edited by AG3, 19 September 2004 - 07:21 AM.

#204 Drasius

Drasius
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:19 PM

She's a fragile girl missing her soul. Perhaps you can bend her to your will?

And that is appreciated, as well as the opportunity to shatter her sugary sweetness to reveal the evil lurking behind her happy go lucky facade, but there also needs a wooing option, without the mills and boon that Lord M offered.

More wooing says I!

#205 -NybCR-

-NybCR-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:54 PM

Well, you could just NOT romance Imoen in Lord M's mod too, as there is plenty of content that isn't romance-specific (and even more when the ToB part is finished). By your logic, that means Quitch shouldn't make this relationship mod at all, as people can just get extra "strictly sibling" content from the other mod as well.

:( That's NOT what I meant.

It's just that a romance implies that the NPC will be the first to make romantic suggestions. While I have tried the Imoen Romance, I found that even though the dialogue was expertly written, it was rather linear, implying that the PC was really expected to romance Imoen, even though it is, ultimately, optional. Naturally, this is to be expected, as it is, primarily, an Imoen romance. I suppose what I'm REALLY trying to say is that the optional romance (if there is one) in the Imoen Relationship should be suggested by the PC and NOT Imoen. It should be subtle, so that, if you DON'T want the romance and just the relationship, the plotline would go along seamlessly and without any put-out feelings.

(Which, on reflection, means I've been supporting an already-standing idea in a very round-about way... :P)

#206 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:14 AM

Should there really even be an option? I mean, there is already a mod for an Imoen Romance. If people want to romance her, then they can just download THAT mod. If they just want her to remain their cute little sister, then they can download the Imoen Relationship. Theres no need for an option, really... unless, of course, you believe the creator(s) of the Imoen Romance did a crappy job (I'm not saying that you think that, I'm just saying there's little other reason)...

Regardless, it's really your choice... I just thought I'd recommend you spend your time writing playful, sibling-ish taunts instead of flirts.

Yes, there should be an option because some players feel this way for Imoen. I intend to cover, as much as possible, the four main branches of feeling towards Imoen: friendship; hatred; indifference; love. To miss one would be artificial.

Imoen will respond to you as I believe Imoen should. One thing I can say is that Imoen will not come out of Spellhold and come onto you. Her dialogue with Viconia shows that she considers you her half-brother/sister, and that a romance of any kind is disgusting to her. If a romance were to occur, it would not do so with Imoen as she is now, there would need to be a development in the relationship of some nature.

As far as I'm concerned, for the intents and purposes of this mod Lord M's Imoen romance mod does not exist. The two cannot exist together, and therefore I have every intention of ignoring his in all that it does. I cannot pass judgement on it as I haven't played it, in fact I haven't really touched any mod since I've been modding rather than playing ever since Return to Windspear was started.

There are also people who do not like Lord M's approach, and I hardly think the first approach released should be considered the only one. I have certainly never said there will be a romance, rather the player will be free to try and create one from the sibling bond they currently enjoy. Whether this can be successful is up to Imoen as much as the player, and it may be that such a thing can never work, or can only exist with Imoen's fragile mind bent to the players will. Then again, perhaps her stance is not as strong as it seems, and that deep down, somewhere inside her, Imoen has a greater need of the player than she lets on.

Player's are free to explore this branch as much as any other, since the objective of this Imoen is to develop Imoen, not as a friend, not as an enemy, and certainly not as a lover, but rather as a person. That has, and always will be, the sole focus of this mod.

#207 Drasius

Drasius
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

The question is though Quitch, have you already made up your mind on the matter or do I still have the next 4 years to try and influence you one way or the other?

#208 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:26 AM

I am always open to suggestion, only the degree changes.

#209 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:51 AM

Pardon?

#210 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:58 PM

Stupid spelling mistake :P

Corrected it. Anyway you were mentioning the player would have a chance to interact with imoen an a variety of ways, however they wanted to, but not one for those who view imoen as a pawn or tool...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#211 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:30 AM

I think of hatred as a generic evil path, encompassing a fair number of things, including twisting Imoen to your will.

#212 Keltosh

Keltosh
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:46 AM

Well i considered the posts after mine and thought on it all over again.

I'm still convinced that a romance should be possible, and that my previous post on the cultural environment and stat requirement is still valid.But as Quitch pointed out, a change in their relationship would be necessary before a romance can take place.
I suppose the evil approach : "I'll manipulate her into giving in cause I have other objectives for which I need her" is certainly valid, though so is, in my opinion, the "She's been the only one always here for me so I truly love her and will win her love" approach. And I think both should be possible, though VERY hard. Harder than I originally though, but still possible.

BTW i was thinking that both with RTW and this mod.. we may never be able to see every possible outcome unless somebody writes down a walkthrough
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#213 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:28 PM

I think of hatred as a generic evil path, encompassing a fair number of things, including twisting Imoen to your will.

No, no. You're not doing any twisting of her personality, your using her natural personality for your own benifit. Any twisting would be a side-effect and likely one you'd want to avoid as you'd then haveto figure new ways of 'using' her.

Edited by Jinnai, 13 October 2004 - 09:29 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#214 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:14 PM

Her personality is happy and out-going. She may follow you, but she doesn't strike me as a pawn. She'd probably do what you said for a while, but become more and more jaded, eventually leaving you. Thus, if you wanted to use her as a pawn, then it strikes me you'd need to twist her, take advantage of her current state.

She may fawn over you in various ways, but she's also a very independent person.

What "use" did you have in mind?

I'm not sure this is the topic for this dicussion, care to start a new one?

Edited by Quitch, 13 October 2004 - 11:15 PM.

#215 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:32 AM

Okay. Go here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#216 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

I have Imoen from BG1 in my party and I NOT ONCE considered her as a possible romance partner. She's my sister, from start to finish. No matter what people might say. She's introduced by the game as your sister. There is no plot change that indicates she isnt your sister. Even in a world as Fearun, you dont even think about romancing your sister.

If my sister had Imoen's charms I would fuck the hell outta her.

#217 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

I have Imoen from BG1 in my party and I NOT ONCE considered her as a possible romance partner. She's my sister, from start to finish. No matter what people might say. She's introduced by the game as your sister. There is no plot change that indicates she isnt your sister. Even in a world as Fearun, you dont even think about romancing your sister.

If my sister had Imoen's charms I would fuck the hell outta her.

Charming.