Missing HLAs

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:57 AM

Refinements's HLA system still lacks the conjurer HLA. I'd like to hear your ideas and suggestions on this one, since I'm kinda stuck with it right now. V1 is near completion, so it would be nice to finish this component in the following week.

Any support - be it an idea or technical help - would be highly appreciated! ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:25 PM

I know a possible one ~ Elysium's Fires from PST
Posted Image

#3 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:42 PM

I'll consider that ;) , thanks.
Posted Image

#4 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 11:44 AM

Problem solved. It will be Animate Magic Golem. ;)
Posted Image

#5 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:02 PM

do you think that fits? because you dont summon a golem. you animate it. i think a powerfull summon spell fits more...
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#6 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:32 PM

To be honest, just having pure summons spells is kinda lame, adding support spells for the current summons may be a more viable option.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#7 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:33 PM

like an aura? something that benefits all summons under the casters command?
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#8 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 02:45 PM

Plausible, the problem of looking at offensive/defensive HLA is that the support monstors either become totally underpowered/overpowered. By adding complimentary spells for the summons, some sort of balancing might be obtained.

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#9 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:05 PM

An idea I had was creating a rift/conjuring various types of inner planar matter. Opening a rift to the (para/quasi)elemental plane of smoke, or fire, or magma, or positive energy, or negative energy all have rather nasty consequences to anyone who comes in contact with it. Also, if the spell is done as a rift type spell, then the rift can be used like a wall. One drawback would be that the matter would affect anyone who came in contact with it.

Also, on further reflection, animating a golem seems to fit more for a transmuter (alteration) than a conjurer.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#10 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:44 AM

Animation as opposed to summons, I tend to agree there.

#11 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:38 AM

Well, then we change it to Summon Magic Golem or Conjure Magic Golem. Anyway, I kinda like this summon (it has its most interesting features, believe me ;) ), so it will stay for now.
But don't be afraid: we will boost kits with at least 2 additional new HLAs to make their HLA selection more unique. So keep those ideas coming!
Posted Image

#12 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:52 AM

Do you intend to have all the conjurors HLA as summons or will my earlier msuggestion be ignored? :lol:

#13 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:57 AM

No, those suggestions were quite good. Thats why told you to keep them coming. I like Caedwyr's idea too, some kind of Rift (Negative Plane Rift as an example) will be in v2. ;)
Posted Image

#14 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:59 AM

By the way Seif, take a look at the revised Elemental Princes, if you want more interesting summons... :rolleyes:
Or maybe the Solars/Fallen Solars of Divine Interventions... :)
Posted Image

#15 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you tried some other spells.... not just the repetitive summon, protection, damage spells?
Posted Image

#16 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:41 PM

hey, what about party projected images. the whole party would be pied. :D
or power word: slow&confusion&malison
aura of summoning: every summons moves faster, hits harder, more hp and there is a chance that every summon spell wont be removed from memory (or that two creatures arrive)
summon shopkeeper
or something like summoning a gang. not one monster that is boring every summon spell summons one monster but a gang is cool. something like a human killer gang that fights everything that is non-human (i mean demons, undead but not elf ect). a mage/sorc, an archer, a thief, a fighter and a berserker. :D if possible not controllable by player. :D :lol: yeah, this is a must. :D

#17 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:27 AM

aura of summoning

Nice.
I might use the projectile I've created for Lingering Songs. That and IDS targeting, should work.
I'd say, something reapplied every round in the area of effect, maybe a boost to MR...

summon shopkeeper

LOL :lol:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#18 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:30 AM

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you tried some other spells.... not just the repetitive summon, protection, damage spells?

Hey, please. Please don't tell me that you haven't discovered those "more interesting and different" spells/innates in the list... <_< :( -_-
Posted Image

#19 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:37 AM

Hey, please. Please don't tell me that you haven't discovered those "more interesting and different" spells/innates in the list... <_< :( -_-

Err... :blink: :huh: ?
Posted Image

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (T.G.Maestro @ Feb 7 2004, 03:30 PM)

Hey, please. Please don't tell me that you haven't discovered those "more interesting and different" spells/innates in the list...   

Err...  ?

Most of the stuff is allredy there in the spells/innates list. Its realy there but not quite in the same form you want them.