PLZ can i beta test??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Inquisitor-

-Inquisitor-

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:38 AM

May I ask a question? Can i be a beta tester plz. I saw the screens for this thing like 2 or 3 years ago and you guys are still working on it, wow it must be deep.

Anyways, I have played every mod in existence, including the UBER crappy darkest day and UBER powergaming Solaufein, and I just want a game that plays like torment with BG 2 spell system and user interface.

The thing I loved about Torment is that you really couldn't cheat per se, you basically had to talk to just about everyone to know what to do. I once spend 3 hours telling tales and sharing tales in the lower ward lol.

Anyway thats it i guess.

#2 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:45 AM

Are you wanting to beta-test so that you can critique every single minute aspect of the mod, including playing as many different ways as possible and working hard to find bugs, or are you just wanting to get to play it before it's initial release and comment on how "UBER" cool it is?

Beta-testing is often (i.e., always) a painstaking and tedious task...

#3 -Inquisitor-

-Inquisitor-

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:49 AM

I would play through normally. I dont particularly think it would be a distinct advantage to play it before its officially released. If their are bugs I would naturally report them.

No need to get touchy hehe.

#4 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:21 AM

May I ask a question? Can i be a beta tester plz. I saw the screens for this thing like 2 or 3 years ago and you guys are still working on it, wow it must be deep.

Anyways, I have played every mod in existence, including the UBER crappy darkest day and UBER powergaming Solaufein, and I just want a game that plays like torment with BG 2 spell system and user interface.

The thing I loved about Torment is that you really couldn't cheat per se, you basically had to talk to just about everyone to know what to do. I once spend 3 hours telling tales and sharing tales in the lower ward lol.

Anyway thats it i guess.

It's deep... or we're lazy. It's one of the two. Anyway, if our AI isn't better than Torments you can lynch us.

We're not taking on Beta testers just yet, we had problems with prematurely taking them on and getting pestered for patches we weren't ready to do. We'll ask on the forums when we need some, fear not.

Having done play testing for Bullfrog Productions I can say that testing is indeed a tedious activity, and if you don't find it tedious, you're not doing it properly.