Photo

My next NPC project...your opinion.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of the following NPCs interest you the most? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following NPCs interest you the most?

1. A) A Poison Magical-Lucette Romance NPC (same sex) (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. B) Salarian Romance NPC--see below (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. C) Xzar NPC mod - based on my theories of Xzar--see below (16 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

4. D) The Breaking Mask- Dwarven cleric of Gorm NPC mod (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

5. E) Called shot to the Groin- Knuckles VI NPC mod (Hackmaster!!) (7 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 03:26 PM

I've found I've had a lot of free-time recently, and I've been enjoying putting together Mekrath so much (it appears *I* may end up doing the voice, go figure), I find I have enough time to lay down the groundwork for possibly something in the future. The Mekrath Romance NPC and Threp'Kas are far enough along and have enough interest by me to be completed.

Only when you've started to do these NPC mods does it really sink in how involved you have to be. -_- It may be quite awhile till I get to it, but this time it's not as utterly important to me that I do something specific, but rather, something that has a large appeal, as I will enjoy working on any of these.

There is a nearly identical topic a couple of posts down, the only difference being, I suppose, I have about five or six more specific concepts in mind instead of a general overview, and the results here will directly influence who I will try to tackle next.

All NPCs listed below will have banters with all SoA NPCs and Sarevok, a lot of interjections (some which very-well will change the way you react to a situation whether you like it or not), at least 2 quests, and a ToB ending. Other details vary.

So, below this poll, before you vote, read each description here, where I will go over the basics of each NPC concept. The flavor of each is very different. Most of them are either neutral or evil:

A) A Poison Magical-- The Lucette NPC Romance mod. Lucette is the singing white-haired, white-clothed Harper assassin who was disguised as a bird to assassinate Xzar, presumably from her look, an elf or half-elf. The NPC is like this...She is a natural foil to Jaheira and represents a much darker side of the Harpers and neutrality in general. She is more in-tune to Dermin's philosophy and believes balance must be maintained to ANY extent, and underhanded dealings are perfectly acceptable if in the end, balance is maintained. She is very disciplined, very cold in her work, and enjoys singing while she works. I don't think I'm going to have to get into the huge philisophical chats she'll have if she's in the party with Jaheira. She often speaks in riddles. More specifically, and possibly controversially, she is also available as a romance meant for neutral and evil female player characters. This is not meant as a slap to the Chloe NPC (in fact, that was an inspiration), who is *without* a doubt a better person morally than Lucette and has a much more mercenary demeanor. Lucette, on the other hand, is at the core a righteous zealot for balance who has simply fallen into a much more twisted philosophy on the subject, and her extremely dark line of work has simply given her more reason to trust girls than guys.

I'm not completely sure on the class yet, but I'm leaning towards either fighter/thief, straight fighter with some special abilities, or some kind of special multiclassed assassin/fighter. She may have a special ability to turn into a bird and into your inventory; a sort of *unique* method of subterfuge (and a way to protect her from harm). Reason for joining, either to investigate a) your godly lineage, B) possibly your connection to Xzar and the Zhentarim.

B ) Salarian Romance NPC-- A romance for neutral and evil female characters, and NPC for neutral and evil parties. A human lawful evil (loosely lawful evil) Knight of Neraka from the Dragonlance campaign setting, more specifically a Knight of the Lily. Salarian was cast into the world of Faerun when he was pursuing Reyna and her knights in the Planar Sphere, which is where he will be found (obviously not in the same room as the knights, who are initially currently unaware of his prescence...he made sure to hide it to stay alive). Salarian is a very handsome, very charismatic, very evil warrior, who makes no qualms about who he is or what he stands for, and a nobleman to boot. He believes in power and wealth, and respects those with the same. He offers to join because he recognizes the PC as a powerful individual who will no doubt garner Salarian the same power by association, and has no serious rush to go home, as he recognizes in a world rife with magic he can find a way home whenever. Salarian believes being of non-noble lineage is a disadvantage, but those with the power to overcome it are just as respected. He has his own code of honor, as well, and tells the PC from the get-go he will be himself no matter what the situation. Salarian is irredeemable, as he himself does not believe he is evil, and eventually explains to the PC while he was raised to become this way, it his ultimately Salarian's choice to live the life the way he does. He is also not chauvenist, as he was partly trained by women more wicked and skilled than he. Romance-wise, he is attracted to strong-willed women who recognize their power and respect his as well.

Created from the shocking lack of evil fighter-type romances. Besides Threp'Kas, one of my first completely original ideas for an NPC mod.

C) Xzar NPC mod- How excrutiatingly annoying! This is based off the theory that 'Xzar' is in fact more than one person. In fact, the Xzar you met in the original BG and died in SoA by Lucette's hand is simply another one in the long line of clones created by the Zhentarim. Basically, the fundamental idea is that to save time creating and cultivating valuable agents, years ago this devious organization devised a plan to clone certain high-powered individuals, in this case a necromancer, and simply release another clone out when the current one dies. Naturally, over time as the original died they had to make clones of clones, so there has been loads of side effects, namely the sanity of the individuals they create. Montaron, by this token, was merely the chosen compatriot of the particular Xzar you met in BG. The Xzar you meet will be right after the original Xzar is killed, will not have a chosen compatriot (ie will not know who Montaron is...this is a special case, for you see, the Zhentarim have chosen YOU as this Xzar's chosen compatriot) and will not know who the hell you are, as he will only have memories of his initial life. He will, however, be just as insane.

I could do a romance with this one, but all I can say is, if you guys want this as a romance, I hope you've checked all semblances of sanity at the door.

This could possibly coincide with the Lucette mod (ie, the existence of another Xzar could easily prompt someone to join you, but for right now, this and the Lucette Romance will be seperate ideas.

D) The Breaking Mask- A young, passionate lawful good human male cleric of Gorm NPC for good parties, inspired by Faerun's 3Ed Faiths&Pantheons. It could even be possibly worked in as a romance for demihumans, as the character himself generally favors them over his own kind.

For those who aren't aware, it is a well-guarded secret among Faerun (as in, only a few Dwarven deities are aware of it), , that Gorm Gulythn the masked dwarven deity who is deemed the Guardian of all Dwarves is dying. Over the centuries, Gorm has lent out his avatars to various dwarven kingdoms to combat evil, and as each clanhold has fallen, a piece of Gorm has died with them. Slowly, but surely, Gorm is fading away.

Somehow, some way, a young farmer named Rove has recieved a vision concerning the death of this once great deity. So painful was the vision that he dropped everything he was doing and devoted himself to the patronage of the dwarven god. He has felt the pain and woes, and doesn't wish to see such a great being pass away into the next realm. And so, he has come upon a nearly- madman's plan: to delay Gorm's passing, he himself will traverse across Faerun, desperately seeking dwarven strongholds which are in danger of falling, and literally throwing his life on the line to try to keep dwarves from calling on the name of Gorm for help, to the point he will quite literally sacrifice himself before Gorm's name is called for aid. This is a heavily quest-related mod. Dwarves don't understand why this *human* has taken it upon himself to quite literally be a 'martyr' in dwarvern celestial affairs, and some downright hate him. The world is against him, and yet he still fights on in his hopeless crusade to buy the Masked One a little more time.

Possibly romanceable by female demihumans. My third original NPC mod idea.

E) Called Shot to the Groin- An aspiring mage deep within the woods of Umar Hills develops a unique spell similar to Clone in some aspects that can reach beyond the planes to other worlds and dimension, sort of carbon copy individuals, and materialize these copies into this world. Trouble is, he has NO idea what dimension or world this spell will find, nor what individual it will choose. Not like that's going to stop him. And *you*, the PC, are there to protect him. As fate would have it, the spell finds its way to a world called Garweeze (not Garweeze Prime, but Garweeze KODT), and brings out an exact copy out the most hyperactive dwarven thief you're ever going to see.

You're not reading that wrong up there on the poll. Other than Xzar, this is completely for fun. Knuckles VI, the character Bob's character from the Knights of the Dinner table comic, in the world of Faerun. A chaotic evil dwarven thief who starts at an insanely high level, believes in the art of Hack, the art of killing 'NPCs' for what he calls 'EPs', and who hates 'parleying'. Stereotypical, funny, and prone to saying things like "I waste him with my crossbow!" and "Called shot to the groin!" Very throaway; this mod is simply for laughs but will have interactions with all SoA and ToB NPCs, plenty of banters and interjections, a couple of quests which no doubt will involve a lot of horrible, pointless deaths, and an ending at ToB.

If this goes well, I could even consider Justina, El Ravager, and of course Teflon Billy for a more expanded mod. This would be a tribute both to the wonderfully done Hackmaster RPG which parodies D&D to no end and the comic I *know* a lot rpers out there enjoy. I don't *think* there'd be any problems with Kenzer on it, considering it's not like this is anything but a fan-project which is free for anyone to DL.
-------------

And those are the choices. Vote now.

#2 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

I like the Xzar idea. Never would think that he would be a clone. Well that us ny 0.02 cents

#3 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:01 AM

Hmm all of them sound interesting, I can`t decide between the cleric and Xzar. You have quite an attraction for evil characters, aye? :P

As always, your ideas are overwhelmingly original, congratulations!

#4 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:12 AM

What happened to your other idea?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#5 -Shian-

-Shian-

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:35 AM

What? Mekrath not enough for you? ;) :P

http://frost.bbboy.n...acksheepmodstoo is a website of evil mods. Check it out, they have some prety cool, evil, stuff. :D

#6 Sav

Sav

Over-powered but benevolent Protagonist

• 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:16 AM

I've found I've had a lot of free-time recently, and I've been enjoying putting together Mekrath so much (it appears *I* may end up doing the voice, go figure), I find I have enough time to lay down the groundwork for possibly something in the future. The Mekrath Romance NPC and Threp'Kas are far enough along and have enough interest by me to be completed.

He's still doing Mekrath, he's just got enough time to fill so he wants to do something else as well. Well that's what I gather.

Anyway. I voted for the Lucette thing (even though I am a guy, a pervy guy at that).

#7 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:17 AM

(even though I am a guy, a pervy guy at that)

Aren`t we all? :rolleyes:

#8 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:37 PM

What? Mekrath not enough for you? ;) :P

http://frost.bbboy.n...acksheepmodstoo is a website of evil mods. Check it out, they have some prety cool, evil, stuff. :D

You need to take a closer look ans see who is listed there...

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#9 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

Your next project is to finish this one. It's hard not to fall into the trap of ambition, but FINISH THIS ONE FIRST! ;)

Temptaitions, temptations.... *laughs*
Posted Image

#10 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:17 PM

LOL! Okay, I stand corrected, there ARE some evil romances out there. :P

And I have no intention of stopping Mekrath, I'm planning ahead s'all. I swear!

Not shockingly, Lucette and Xzar seem to be getting an equal number of votes, so I'm almost thinking about just fusing them into one mod with two seperate characters, at least one of which happens to be a romance.

I suppose if I'm going for unusualness, Rove wins out, though I still believe Salarian would be...gah. You know what, I'm sticking with my original comment. Let the poll continue. We'll see how we go from there.

Again: Mekrath *is* my only concern at the moment. I just finished his four ToB epilogues yesterday, the standard ending, the Good Romance Ending, the Evil Romance ending, and the special ending w/ Edwin.

#11 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

Just as a curiosity question, will Merkath have any quests related to him?
Posted Image

#12 Shfelliot

Shfelliot
  • Modder
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:50 PM

At least two, yes. I can't really give them away as they are the bulk of the dark backstory behind Mekrath, which is obviously a huge part of the mod.

#13 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 09:23 PM

Ooooh Xzar mod! Xzar mod!

Hey, long time no see! (I hope you remember me :huh:) For a second there I thought someone stole your Lucette idea, got mad, then realized it WAS you! Oops... Can we tell I'm tired here?

I was just thinking about the Mekrath mod today... That's why I came back, actually. But I got sidetracked by the talk of Xzar...

I'm glad to hear that you're still going to make Mekrath! How far did you get? I'm still willing to help, of course... Now that I have more time on my hands than before... Drop me a line or something! And good luck with the other mods! I would love to try out a Xzar mod!

#14 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:02 AM

Xzar is like a jar or marmite, you either hate him or love him, in my case I HATE him :)

I cose salarian because the evil side need more fighter atm. B)
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#15 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:57 AM

Xzar is like a jar or marmite, you either hate him or love him, in my case I HATE him :)

TRUE! :D

Unfortunately for me, most people HATE him. :lol:

#16 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:06 AM

I love him! But a clone? He knows who you are when you meet him Athlatka. So this is the former one in BG1

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#17 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:07 AM

Lucette - Now, that's a wicked bird. :P
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#18 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:29 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :angry:

#19 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:38 PM

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#20 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:07 AM

a & b i think are good. i vote for b.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.