Problem with Chloe

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 -LadyKent-

-LadyKent-

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

I've been looking forward to this mod and finally got it now but im having a big problem. My char Serena Kent, is a human female (obviously) and npcs call her Lady, Kelsey and bio companions all reconize her as a woman, but Chloe doesnt seem to. In a Early convo Chloe asked something about what I'd rather do and all the options were from a male perspective like "I'd like being a blacksmiths SON" or "Sure, Father and SON activies, razing villages sacrificing virgins etc" at first i didnt think anything of it, attriubeted it to a bug but I realize chloe doesnt flirt with me at all, She flirts with Viconia and Imoen when i had them and when i try to flirt with her, she ends the convo, Its really obvious for some reason she things my PC is a male, any ideas what the problem is???

#2 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:56 AM

Regarding the wrong dialogues, do you have the latest version (1.2) ?
The first release of the mod had a bug that caused those wrong dialogues, though that didn't influence the romance in any way.

#3 -LadyKent-

-LadyKent-

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:58 AM

Yes, I have Ver. 1.2 im going to guess this hasnt happened to many people

#4 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:18 AM

That's strange... Chloe will only use those male-oriented phrases if your character is listed as a male...

As for flirting with Chloe... did you have all of the non-romance dialogues before going after Imoen? In fact, it's best if you have the first 3 romance dialogues before rescuing her as well. The ones after that require Imoen to be there but before that she talks about how it's time to go rescue Imoen... which would be rather strange with Immy standing there. I suspect you rushed through and rescued Imoen before all 15 GTKU dialogues were even complete though...

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#5 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:20 AM

Well, all people got those wrong dialogues back in 1.0 ;) , but I thought it was fixed in 1.1
Do you have Shadowkeeper ? You could check the variables, there should be something like CHLOEROMANCEACTIVE, and it's value should be 1 or 2. If it's 3 than something went wrong :D

#6 -LadyKent-

-LadyKent-

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:41 AM

Actually, I havent even rescued Imoen yet. I've been taking my time and doing the quests around Athkatla and basically finished them all, spend almost two real days just running around doing every and any quest in chapter 2-3.

Basically its been, I rescued Chloe, and she just flirted with imoen throughout chateu irenicus, after we got out, she just did the standard male dialog to my pc, hasnt at all talked to my pc like she does all the other female npcs. Then i got viconia and she flirts heavily with her while still asking the odd questions, and i can flirt with her by talking to her but basically I just get to ask her questions about herself no romantic flirting options, and its been like that throughout all of nalias keep, slavers, windspear, umar hills trademeet etc. I havent made it to rescue imoen as of yet.

As for shadowkeeper the values are

ChloeInterest 5
ChloeGTKUCR 23
ChloeGTKUWHENCAMPING 2

and oddly, I dont see the ChloeRomanceActive part

#7 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:36 AM

Hmm, if I remember correctly 'Chloeromanceactive' isn't created until you got all the 'GTKU'-dialogues, unless you are male (in that case it is set to 3 from the beginning).
That means everything is right with your variables (maybe Lucy can clarify this), though it is possible that you just aren't interesting enough for Chloe (i.e. you gave the wrong answers ;) ), because a 'Chloeinterest' of 5 is quite low...

#8 -LadyKent-

-LadyKent-

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:16 AM

Im definatly more interesting then Imoen! :D Besides, i think just something is wrong, having male options to her questions isnt right.. Why would i want to be a blacksmiths son in the first place?

#9 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:00 AM

Hmm, but if she thinks your a male there should be a 'Chloeromanceactive'=3 somewhere ;)

#10 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:11 PM

Whether you're male or female, Chloeinterest will accrue normally. As for why Chloe has used phrases like "blacksmith's son", I don't know. I went in and added female versions to lines such as that or made them as gender neutral as I could. Are you sure your game updated normally? In the end though, this is a cosmetic bug and has no bearing on the romance, unless she truly believes you're male. And she won't, unless the game engine TELLS her you're male. Did you use a belt of gender bending, by any chance?

The first 15 dialogues between the PC and Chloe are called Getting To Know You dialogues and they occur whether you're male or female. It's the friendship stage. With a Chloeinterest value of 5, it means that Chloe didn't get interested in you based on your responses. This is the "challenging" aspect of the romance, as it shouldn't just be "If I keep her talking I'll get in her pants" like the Bioware npcs tend to be.

By the way, based on the value of ChloeGTKUCR, you've had 12 GTKU dialogues so you have 3 left.

#11 -LadyKent-

-LadyKent-

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:07 PM

I've decided to try a complete Reinstall and try it like that, to see if maybe it wasnt updating right, and she isnt like other bio npcs, any tips on how to "properly" romance her? Maybe a combination of the two is the problem, considering she apparently hated me if you say Interest 5 is really low. That Chloe is the most problimatic personality, maybe thats why im so determined to win her heart now :D

#12 -Kuri-

-Kuri-

Posted 07 March 2004 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded the Chloe mod yesterday, (version 1.2 as far as I'm aware) and installed it this morning. Everything went smoothly, but I'm having the same problem as LadyKent. Chloe is talking to my female character, Alynne, as though she were a male. I have just gotten out of Chateau Irenicus and spoken to Gaelan. I was walking through the Docks and the talk started but all it's response options were male based. ("Blacksmith's son" and all that.) I do not have Shadowkeeper installed nor am I in posession of any gender altering items. How do I fix this problem?

#13 -kinneer-

-kinneer-

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

Hi,

Sorry to trouble you again, but what vars can I check with SK to check the status of the Choloe + Imoen romance. I think it is dead because I have not had any banter from Chloe for a while now. Do I need to restore Imoen's soul to continue ? I recall reading other people's posting and they have had banter before this so I am curious why it has stop dead for me.

I do remember rejecting her approach in spell hold at around the time Imoen joined the party. Can't remember if it is before or after.

Thanks.

Kinneer.

#14 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:29 AM

What was the last dialogue you had with her? If it involved pregnancy, then it's the last one. If not, then several of the Immy-Chloe lovetalks occur before or after camping so if you haven't slept in a while you might want to. Restoring her soul would help too, I can't remember if any romance dialogues require it before playing but I know you get a banter from Chloe for it.

#15 -kinneer-

-kinneer-

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:15 AM

I don't remember what the last banter between them were. It has been a while since they spoke. It definately was not about pregnancy. I think the romance is dead somehow but I can't remember how it happen. It may not even started. I am more than half way through the game right now.

It would really help if there were some way I can check with SK.

Thanks.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:49 AM

Hi, i downlaoded the mod some days ago. Everything went okay, but i also have found a bug >_>.

I'm currently in the Underdark, and my dialogue options with Chloe cannot advance beyond the dialogue scene where she is thinking of something, and i have the possibly to ask her what's wrong, and to give her a silver bracelet. Each time i talk to her, i get the same option, it doesn't go beyond that. Also, i already have Imoen in my party, and the last standard dialogue with Chloe was quite likely in Spellhold, before the stat-stealing demon. I gave one point of Wisdom, and have currently a 12.

Incidentally, the Shadowkeeper values are this:

ChloeInterest 15
ChloeGTKUCR -1 o_O
ChloeGTKUWHENCAMPINGCR 2

#17 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:56 AM

Also, I just tried changing the -1 to some other number, but like before, the problem continues :\

#18 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

If you haven't had this dialogue:

Chloe: So how are you feeling this morning, <charname>?
PC: 1. Well enough, I suppose. How about yourself?
PC: 2. A little stiff, but otherwise just fine. I feel much better as I gaze upon your lovely face, though. (Smile)
PC: 3. Well, I feel good enough to fly. Oh wait, I just stood up too fast. Never mind. (grin)
PC: 4. Tired. Let's talk later, ok?

Then you need to camp. But you should have had that one before you rescued Imoen...

After rescuing Imoen you should have had this lovetalk:

Chloe: I see how much more at ease you are now that Imoen has been rescued, <charname>. I'm happy for you. (Smile)
PC: 1. It is a relief to have her by my side again and not have to worry about her. The loss of our souls is preying on my mind now, however.
PC: 2. Yes, it's a relief having her back among us. And now I can concentrate on my affection for you, my dear Chloe. (Smile)
PC: 3. Imoen? Who is that?
PC: 4. Thank you.
PC: 5. Yes... and I don't know how to say this... but I think the strain of Imoen's capture and trying to rescue her made my judgment a little lax. I don't feel quite the same way about you as I did before, Chloe. I'm sorry.

The lovetalk after that is Chloe talking to Imoen about you, so you may not have realized it was a lovetalk.

After that, you need to return to athkatla because the next three are events triggered there.

Oh by the way, the ChloeGTKUCR -1 simply means you have gone through all the Getting To Know You dialogues. You're in the romance dialogues, so that's natural. You should be looking for the CHLovetalksCR variable and the ChloeRomanceActiveCR variable.

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for answering me :)

I'll try and put this trough a clearer perspective. This is the second time i've started the romance, as i stopped halfway trough because i decided to create another PC. The first time i got the above dialogue after saving Imoen, but i never got the first one you posted. The bug i encountered was on my second try of the game, however, and its happened as i explained before. I'm glad the -1 isn't any problem at all, though :)

Also, the values you were talking of are set to:

CHLovetalksCR: 4
ChloeRomanceActiveCR: 1

I'm guessing it's still on a 'flirt' basis, and it won't advance because it's become stuck on the same dialogue.

Now, to find me that Register button >_>

#20 Zero

Zero
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:07 AM

Done B)

I hope the info i gave was enough to help on a possible fix for it, however, i have deleted the saves and started a new game.