Solaufein Fan Fiction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trinin

Trinin

Shinigami

• 1021 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:26 AM

Hey-a. This is for all fan fics about Solaufein (Duh! Who did they think I'd start a string about. Anomen. *snort* :P ). So let your muses and or gremlins or whatever else you have run wild! :D

So all you do is post your fan fic here and then make comments string and your set. Kay. :D .
My mother asked me why I always wear black. I told her because it's the color of my soul~Trinin

Some say good always wins others say evil does. But the truth is I always win~Trinin

Some say fighting is wrong, I say you only say that because you all ways lost.~Trinin

#2 Trinin

Trinin

Shinigami

• 1021 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:31 AM

Rebirth
This something new I started on and am going to write bits at a time. The sizes will vary.This story deals with what happens to Sola after ToB during this epilogue. But with a couple a twists and new characters. Because Solaufein didn?t do this alone. Enjoy.

~Eventually parting ways with his companions, Solaufein continued in the service of Eilistraee Silverhair as he struggled to find a place among the surface dwellers. He travelled from town to town, but more often than not he was cast out because of his obvious Drow heritage. Solaufein eventually decided to forsake the idea of an open-armed integration with the surfacers and spent a time travelling across the realms and battling foes. He hunted dragons deep in Calimshan and freed the High Forest of a dangerously large troll infestation. Demons, Illithid and would-be evil overlords alike came to fear him, for his might and magic were both honed razor-sharp. But although his blade never missed the mark he began to feel as though he had lost his way. His soul was not that of a wandering crusader: he could not find contentment in his graceful dismantling of tactical challenges. He became despondent and fell into a brooding melancholy. He even attempted to seek out Drizzt Do'urden in order to question him about the place of a compassionate Drow on the surface world. It was when he had almost given up hope that his luck turned. On the borders of Anauroch, the great desert, he heard one night the familiar chants of praise to Eilistraee coming from across a rocky outcrop. There he found a small village of Drow who had chosen to abandon their homeland for the surface. Choosing to remain with them for a time, he helped found the first known Drow settlement on the surface, even gaining a few trade agreements with nearby villages. On the site where he first found his new family dancing under the moonlight, they constructed a great temple to Eilistraee, to thank her for guiding them and bringing them such fortune. In the following years Solaufein defended the settlement against many attacks, from the regular orc raids, to the occasional attacks of adventuring parties. In the defense of those dear to him that he found his heart and blade singing as one. Despite this, Solaufein found that he was even an outcast among his own kind. Those under his care could never quite understand what he had been through to get to this point, could never quite understand the pain in his heart as he gazed up through the night sky at his hard-won Moon. When he was certain that his settlement would thrive without his presence, Solaufein once again left to wander. Those with him at the time report his last words as: "The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe experience is a substitute for intelligence.

Chap.1
I walked down the cobbled street keeping my eyes to the ground. I continued to walk forward eyes set on the street, until I felt someone bump into me. He was about to cut my purse when I grabbed his wrist and pinned it behind his back. The cutpurse tried to reach for the dagger he had hidden on him. But I was the quicker draw. I brought the dagger blade up to his neck ready to cut his throat if need be. ?I wouldn?t suggest on reaching for that dagger. It would be?hazardous to your health.? I threatened not showing the slightest tint of emotion in my voice.

He shivered at the sound of my voice. ?Yeah?sure whatever you say. Just don?t hurt me. I?ve got a wife and three kids. I only steal to feed them! ? The man was probably lying, but then again? I decided to let the man live. I let go of his wrist and he flopped forward landing on the ground. He slowly got up and smiled. The idiot was going to try something, he just knew it. ?Fool!? He drew his dagger and lunged at me. Why am I always right I thought as I sidestep the man. As a result he fell on his face again. ?Grrh!! I?ll get you!?
I decided to end it now because we were drawing a crowd. I again sidestepped the man and this time as he went by I delivered a swift chop to the neck. I watched as his face contorted in pain and his pupils go wide as he went into unconsciousness. The man hit the street with a loud thud. He?ll be out for a while, I better get a move on or this crowd will start raising pitch forks and call for a burning. I started walking and pulled my cloak tighter to me, to hide the color of my skin from those I pass by.

I stop and look up at the glaring sun. Why of all places did I have to go to Calimport I thought to myself? I started walking again towards my destination, The Gorged Gullet. There I would meet my informant.

Some say good always wins others say evil does. But the truth is I always win~Trinin

Some say fighting is wrong, I say you only say that because you all ways lost.~Trinin

#3 Trinin

Trinin

Shinigami

• 1021 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:32 AM

Mext chapter is up! It's a little longer than the last. I'll try to write longer ones. :P So enjoy the dark and joyus tale of Rebirth! :D :wacko: :lol: :P

Chap.2
I arrived at the entrance of the Gorged Gullet. I looked up at the sun and saw I still had several hours to wait tell my informant arrived. I sighed well I might as well make the best of it. I walked in thru the door and took in the area before me. The windows were closed and few candles were lit. Providing a less than positive atmosphere. Several people were scattered across the room sitting at various tables. But one group caught his eye. There were two human men, a half-orc man, and a halfling. The halfling was completely cloaked so I couldn?t tell his sex or what he looked like.

Peculiar group. I wonder what their doing here? Could they be here to intercept my informant? No that?s paranoia talking. Though I should proceed with caution. As I walked up to the bar going past them I noticed one last thing. That the halfling was clearly the alpha of this group. The way the others had looked to him when I came in. How he had shook his head telling them something. Yes he was clearly in charge; I?ll file that information for future use.

I finished my walk up to the bar. The barkeep looked up from what he was doing and looked me over. He quickly decided I was one not to mess with. Yes I suppose I am a rather imposing figure. ?How can I help you sir.? The barkeep rushed out sensing that I was probably getting tired of waiting. Well I looked over the ?establishment? once more. I do need a place to stay. So this will have to do for now. ?I?d like a room for five nights.? I said in one of my more icy voices. The man clearly shivered. Good now he?s scared of me. ?Umm. That?ll be?seven gold.? I pulled out and placed fifteen gold pieces on the bar in front of the barkeep. He looked at it and then at me. I nodded at him confirming that he could have the gold.

?Fourth door on the right is your room.? He pointed to a door that led to a hallway with doors on each side of it. I nodded and walked to the hallway. I saw the man greedily grab the gold and a smile crept over his face. Good I should have some privacy now. I entered my room and shut the door behind me. I quickly inspected making sure no one or no thing was hiding in it.

I went about the business of warding my door to make sure no one could get in but me without getting a nasty surprise. With that done I took off my armor and weapons and decided to lie down. Good when I wake up the informant will almost be here. Were my last thoughts as I drifted off to sleep.

#4 Trinin

Trinin

Shinigami

• 1021 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:20 PM

Chap.3
Why me was going thru my head over and over again. That and when I get my hands on the ass that was responsible for this? I looked around the creaky, leaky, dirty, not to mention badly decorated Gorged Gullet. Then I looked to my three ?companions? and saw yet again two bumbling idiots and a big tub of stupid. I think the two humans are twin brothers named Mork and Mikis. Did their mother hate them or was she on drugs when she named these two floundering idiots. One of them told another vulgar joke, which of course sent the other into a laughing fit. Yes? definitely on drugs when she had these two.

Then I looked to the half-orc who was to the right of me. Well at least he?s not annoying. He?s just? well he?s stupid to say the least. I?d be more than willing to have a conversation with him. IF he could have a conversation that is. But he is rather sweet, a little too sweet to be in this business. I let out a sigh. It probably get him into trouble one of these days. Sadly that?s how life is and besides he probably will die with in the course of the next two months considering how dangerous our business is and how weak he is. So why in the hells did Bartomey send me on a mission that fools as weak as this could handle on their own?

This was suppose to be a sort of redemption test or something along those lines. I admit that I messed up but I did get good results. I assassinated two rival guild pashas along with their lieutenants. Thus sending their guilds into chaos and easily assimilated into our own creating a major shift in power. Even though I was only suppose to steal a highly unstable magical jewel that was going to go to some very well paying clients. So I had to destroy the jewel in order to kill the pashas and lieutenants. Now there was a boom! I think people are still trying to figure out what happened, the most popular theory is that some wizards? experiment went afoul and blew the place up. Strange how so many things get blamed on wizards.

As I was musing over the subject the door to this less than respectable establishment opened and in came a cloaked man. He looked about five feet but aside that nothing else was discernable. He walked towards the barkeep but I caught him glance at us as he went by. But as he did that I got a look at what he was carrying. He had two very expensive looking long swords, several magical protections of various natures, and his clothes had been enchanted with Gods knows what.

Shit! This is just what I need! This guy has high quality gear so he?s no amateur. My three ?companions? looked to me sensing that this guy was trouble. Sheesh! Even the three stooges know this guy is upper class. I shook my head back and forth telling them to leave him be. The cloaked man exchanged gold with the barkeep and walked to the entrance to a hallway were the rooms where. He walked into his room and quickly shut the door. Damn it who is he!? He was already angry about this stupid assignment but the appearance of this man pushed it up a couple of notches. I looked at my ?companions? from under my hood with baleful eyes. They all visibly cringed. They had probably all heard the reputation of ?Bloody Kid Trin?. I could see that they were getting ready to make a run for it if need be.

Oh they want to run do they. Well I?ll track them down and wait tell the dead of night. Were I?ll stalk slowly up to them from behind and I?ll cut their Achilles tendon. They?ll squirm on the ground but I?ll hold them there in place. When they look in my eyes and realize death has come for them I?ll CUT THIE-!! I got up and rushed off to my room with murder in my eyes. I can?t attack them!! God damn it! Why does this happen? I was halfway to my room when someone bumped into me. I almost killed him but I bit down hard on my hand breaking the skin. The coppery taste of blood in my mouth brought be back to sanity long enough to get me to my room.

I slammed the door behind me and locked it. ?Ahhhh!!? I wildly punched the walls until my fists were raw and bloody. I threw my clothes and supplies wildly around the room until I was completely naked. I turned and looked in the mirror at myself. I saw my elven body. My muddy brown hair how it was sweat soaked from my rage, I looked at my childish body and how it was more muscled than any child could hope to be but less than any adult fighter, I saw my enraged eyes glaring back at me. Gods what am I?

Then the rage and bloodlust came back. I let out a snarl and punched the mirror. It cracked and shattered cutting my hands and lodging glass shards in them. I howled from the pain but as the blood fell my rage lessened. I went to do what I always did to get rid of the rage and bloodlust. I picked up one of the daggers that was on the floor and unsheathed it. I pressed the blade to my skin and cut a light three inch long cut across my arm. I was tantalized by how pretty the blood was as it flowed from the cut. I brought the blade a little further down my arm and cut again. And I did it again and again and again. And I kept on doing it tell my arm was dripping with my own blood.

It?s so pretty. The way it moves and the color of it. It?s all so pretty. I wonder how it tastes? I raised my arm to my mouth and was about to drink my own blood when It dawned on me what I was doing. I gasped and dropped the dagger. ?What is happening to me?? I sobbed out. I curled into a ball and cried. Not caring anymore if anyone heard him. He didn?t want to act tuff or grown up. He just wanted to be held tight and loved. He continued to sob totally unaware that someone had opened the door and had been watching him.