IS BALTHAZAR A JOINABLE CHARACTER?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Stukov-

-Stukov-

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:28 AM

Redemption is the mod that I am trying out these days. I have read the readme but still I haven't uderstood something: Is Balthazar joinable? Or does he simply help you by fighting with you?

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:05 AM

Balthazar stays the same as in Ascension - as Redemption is simply small addition to this great mod that gives you ability to recruit Irenicus. In Ascension B. can be enlisted as an ally (same as Drizzt) - ie he gets green circle and fights on your side but never joins as a party member.

Irenicus, on the other hand, joins the party, as I always thought mages are useless if you cannot control their spell choices.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Valheru

Valheru

Ancient One

• 120 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:28 AM

You can cpntrol a mage's spell when it is an ally the problem is that most allies have the wrong kits or races so it just shows you a sword as the attack weapon........... Il shut up
Thanks for picture Immy :)

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:35 AM

I think Dorotea referred to controlling what spells to memorize, not which to cast. You needen't keep him in the party, though: you can do that via dialogue (although creating that dialogue would be as boring as, say, doing an "universal armour" mod, not through tp2, but by editing every single armour, one by one.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:02 PM

by cheating:

CTRL + Q (with the mouse pointer on him)