Photo

Comments on "The Tangled Web"

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Thrain

Thrain
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:53 AM

well bugger me with a yardstick, she's only gone and finished it. and it ain't half-bad either ;)

honestly, this is a bloody good story jol. i've said before i like you writing style and though i believe you cannot be perfect due to the subjective nature of the fom. anyway i'm babbling.

in reference to that latest (and last :() chapter, i particularly like the way the epilogue is written. a nice twist to the canon which, to be honest, is refreshing. it also drove home Irenicus' single-mindedness and his complete lack of compassion which, although touched upon in the game, is not fully explored elsewhere. It also gives a good insight into Bodhi's bloodlust and the general eroticism that you gave vampirism earlier (so continuity, very nice ;)). Finally, i found myself feeling sorry for Valen. whether you intended to make her the tragic figure or not i felt that, even though she is a vampire (ergo inherently evil) she found love in a man who ends up being a hero (not strictly canonical but something which certainly exists in Yoshi's character), she loses the direction in her life when she makes the decision not to follow Bodhi to Athkatla, primarily because she knows the party will have to go there to retrieve Imoen's soul if they don't catch Bodhi in Underdark.

basically jolyth, my dear, this is a bloody good read and i thouroughly enjoyed it :wub:

now if only cry of the moon 2 could be updated, i wouldn't have to get back to the shambles that is my real life *hint*

#62 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

Thank you Thrain! I am so glad you enjoyed the last chapters.

In some cases, I know that it appears as if I rushed through the last portions of the Asylum, and in some places I did. (No need to repeat what has happened when you've already played the game! ;) ) However, I am pleased that you grabbed hold of the story and see what I wanted to do with the characters. Instead of the same scenes, I wanted my version of events. More of a "what if" scenerio.

now if only cry of the moon 2 could be updated, i wouldn't have to get back to the shambles that is my real life *hint*

Ah! The infamous Shadowhawke! An excellent writer and I can see how you are waiting for an update.

As for The Tangled Web, I had intended for this to be my only FF, but Kaiane seems to not want to leave me alone. Hopefully, once I get some Branwen writing done and school caught up a bit, the story will continue.

After all, I really hate to leave the party stuck in a portal on their way to the Underdark! :D

Thanks again for following the story! I hope to see you again soon!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#63 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:44 AM

Finally managed to catch up with the last chapters, and what a read!

Yes, I admit, I was thinking, "And Yohimo? And Jon? And Bodhi?..." the first time the story "ended". ;)

Though spooky and devlish Spellhold is one of my favourite dungeons in the game. It's huge, it's dangerous and I stopped scoring how many parties got killed down there. My favourite are the crushing traps :blink: Especially the one you might enter during the test. I must have been blind the first time because I just watched the screen and wondered why one after the other party member suddenly was dead...:rolleyes:

Neat twist in the end!!

An enjoyable read throughout and we are waiting for more stories by Jolyth so get a vacation! ;) :D

Bey