Rookie question

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 -Lapsus-

-Lapsus-

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:24 PM

:huh: i have instaled the tashia mod but now i do not know where to find her, can anybody help me please.... my thanks

#2 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:46 PM

Try the bar in Trademeet.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#3 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:33 PM

and you need reputation over 10 to have her in the party so you really need to have a good or neutral party to have her, enjoy :)
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#4 -Loch Vandral-

-Loch Vandral-

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:56 PM

Ehr...>.> On a slightly-but-not-quite-unrelated matter...upon my most recent attempt to play through the game after installing the Tashia mod...I had a rather, ehr, unique little bug.

Tashia twins.

That's right. Two Tashias standing right next to each other in that little bar in Trademeet. Absolutely identical in every way from dialogue to equipment. Though they seem triggered by the same events (talk to one Tashia but don't recruit her, then talk to the other and she will react as though you talked to her but didn't recruit her).

As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to hurt anything, so I haven't made an issue of it or tried to uninstall or anything...just thought I'd put in that little piece of weirdness. I'd show the screenshot I took but I don't have any place to upload it <.<

So, um...yeah. That's my bit of small change on the subject. Well...sort of on the subject.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:43 PM

This is caused by the latest Tashia builds having a slightly different name than the mod in the past. This fools WeiDU into thinking that they are two separate mods and hence, two Tashias.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#6 Xenomorph

Xenomorph
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 12:13 PM

and you need reputation over 10 to have her in the party so you really need to have a good or neutral party to have her, enjoy :)

That caused a slight problem for me. See, I'm running the Virtue mod, and while my Virtue was 14, my rep was only 8. Could a patch be released to make Tashia virtue-complient? Or perhaps an optional component in a future released? She later left my party 'cause my rep was 9 and Virtue was 11 (I wanted them Silver Pantaloones, damnit!).

#7 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:07 PM

Could a patch be released to make Tashia virtue-complient?

the guy who made her has stopped work on her, all that happens is the odd update every now and then of bug fixes

(I wanted them Silver Pantaloones, damnit!).

have you got the gold ones from BGII, the gold, silver and bronze pantaloons make the 'big (something)' can't remmeber its name but it makes you appear as an iron golem and improves your ac by 10, personally I hate it :D
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#8 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:51 AM

After Bri and Cam have finished Delainy then I believe they were going to focus on Tashia. Don't quote me on that now...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#9 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:30 AM

Indeed, the priority was to finish Delainy for SoA, then work on Tashia. In the meantime, I had been hoping the other guy would have come back by now.

Its not that we have given up on Tashia, and the majority of the new writing is done. It is more a matter of getting time to finish things we already have done (I hope to finish writing for Del's SoA by the end of this month for example), and not over-estimating the time we can get things finished.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#10 -Sir Buliwyf-

-Sir Buliwyf-

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

hrm, is this mod finished or not then? I thought it was but the signs of this thread suggest otherwise.

#11 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

It was finished at one time, I believe, but some later enthusiasts have gotten permission from the original author to expand it - to unfinish it, as it were.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#12 -Sir Buliwyf-

-Sir Buliwyf-

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:26 AM

Riiiiggghhht, hrmm, I'm wanting to start a game. Is it worth me playing Tashia now or just wait?

#13 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:13 PM

The mod has been "finished" for over two years now, but that doesn't mean that others can't expand on it. Just like original BG2 -- was it worth playing without player-made mods? Of course it was. ;) Same way here. Tashia is a complete mod, with a romance that runs through the original BG2 as well as Throne of Bhaal expansion. Any "in the future" add-ons may improve what's already there. ;)

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#14 yakosparks

yakosparks
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:59 AM

[QUOTE]
have you got the gold ones from BGII, the gold, silver and bronze pantaloons make the 'big (something)' can't remmeber its name but it makes you appear as an iron golem and improves your ac by 10, personally I hate it ...

The Big Unity... or something...

I have "the 2 Tashias" issue also. So, can you choose any of them?
I have installed the last Tashia version (ToB) and at a point, the program (after installed the mod) ask me if I want to install SoA without ToB, so, thinking that I need that component to be able to play Tashia in ToB I did install it. So I got 2 Tashias...

#15 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:08 AM

I cannot believe he didn't stick something in the tp2 to prevent you from doing that...

*sigh* Oh well...

#16 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

Keep in mind, I was one of the original few people giving Weimer feedback regarding WeiDU. I was one of the "guinea pigs" so to speak.. he was developing the tool as we were making our mods. ;) At the time there was no way to check the scripts.

You can CTRL+Y one of the Tashias and use the other, it won't affect anything.

Edited by Arian, 11 June 2004 - 11:10 AM.

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#17 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

For whenever the next release is (or make a mini-update then add the following line to each of the components):

SoA only component:

FORBID_FILE TASHIA.DLG ~You already have the SoA and ToB version of Tashia installed~

SoA and ToB components:

FORBID_FILE TASHIA.DLG ~You already have the SoA only version of Tashia installed. Please unistall it before installing the SoA and ToB version.~

Or words to that effect (assuming tashia.dlg is one of her dialogue files). This will prevent them from installing both components.

#18 -Moliasar-

-Moliasar-

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

Ok i have the 2 tashias thing too. The thing is that i dont really mind that cause i can take the one with me and leave the other one but the problem is that when i reach hell the mod crashes (like missing dialogues) so it screws my game really bad. At first i thought it maybe was a problem of old download so i dowloaded the mod's latest version and install it again (i had to format my hard disk so there is no possibility to made a mistake overwrite it to oldest version) but still the same problem. As for the patches i intalled before tashia its : a) SOA B) TOB c) the patch for official patch for TOB and then tashia and sola and the dungeonbegone nothing else so i dont think there is a problem there either.So if anyone knows what in hell i am doing wrong or a way to fix it i would appreciate it very much. Thanks for your time .

#19 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

moliasar, that problem has been noted a few times. check this thread:

http://www.shsforums...?showtopic=8463

for a couple of different workarounds, all of which work.

the basic problem, as i understand it, is that tashia writes dialogues to the same strings that other mods do. usually, installing tashia *first* in the install process gets around this, clearly not in yr case. maybe DBG does the same thing? at any rate, i'd suggest a mod reinstall first, then try the other solutions listed in that thread (which are not very elegant but which all work).

Edited by seanas, 03 July 2004 - 03:33 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#20 -Moliasar-

-Moliasar-

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:40 AM

Seanas thanks for your time man. I will try to do the trick and remove her in hell and i hope it will work . Thanks again and i hope u wont hear from me again about this problem at least :P Greetings :)