Photo

Firkraag question (possible spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Artanis

Artanis
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 12:39 PM

I know that the quest begins differently depending on how you behaved in the Windspear Hills quest. But I'm still confused about a couple of things: What if you started your game in ToB? Do you get the friendly message by default? Or what if you never did the quest at all/ didn't kill Firkraag at the end? Thanks.

#2 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 08:20 AM

The only check we can realistically do for a ToB game is your alignment. Also, I believe that you can still get the evil message if technically *good*, if you attack the messenger. And if you kill the messenger, you will get the evil message by default. This will also register on your *evil acts* incremental global... and could possibly change your alignment towards evil with your next evil choices. The same can be done towards good, if you are evil and wish to change your alignment.

On a side note: It isnt logical for a player to change alignment from evil to Lawful Good... so there will be several steps involved if you are a Fallen Paladin wishing to regain your paladin status... and the final key will be rescuing all the knights and emerging a *complete* hero to the Order. All your actions during the Windspear Quest will be weighed by Sir Ryan Trawl during your ceremony... and he will decide if you have succeeded in regaining your status and whether you are worthy of the highest honor (Title and Cup);)

Cuv

#3 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

I know that the quest begins differently depending on how you behaved in the Windspear Hills quest. But I'm still confused about a couple of things: What if you started your game in ToB? Do you get the friendly message by default? Or what if you never did the quest at all/ didn't kill Firkraag at the end? Thanks.

The message is based on one of the quest variables. If that variable isn't set (i.e. you started a ToB game) then the message given is based on alignment, reputation and the assumption that most people play the game as good.

#4 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 08:33 PM

I don't know the details so I may be wrong, but it sounds like a fairly demanding order if demi-god status is almost required to obtain a rank ;-)

All the more fun in tearing it apart!

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 12:33 PM

If you mean to simply be accepted into the Order, then they will take any *Good* aligned people if you complete the quest. I am talking about getting your paladin status back after falling in the Hell trials:p PC's who have fallen will have a tougher time getting back into the Order than PC's who are simply *Good*.

Cuv

#6 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 01:32 PM

Ahh, ok. That makes more sense. Missed the "fallen" part.