BETA Balancing Issues

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:15 PM

Hmm. I like some of the changes but that does sound like a lot.

Why is slow in there? IMO you could get rid of that. It?s not bad but this may be one extra effect that you don?t need. If you do keep slow IMO the radius should be no greater than 30'.

IMO the ?knockback? effect radius could be a bit smaller. 30? is OK, but what about 20?, 15?, or even 10??

If it?s still too much you could just drop the stun and have unconsciousness from the start of the spell.

I also liked the original damage better:

4D10 magic, 1D10 electrical, 1D10 fire and 1D10 cold damage (no save) to any creature in its area of effect (be it friend or foe) every 3 seconds after casting

#142 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:46 PM

[QUOTE]Why is slow in there?[/QUOTE]
It should be very hard to move at normal speed in such situation. I can drop it, but I feel it is a fitting effect.
[QUOTE]If you do keep slow IMO the radius should be no greater than 30'
The area of effect of the original version ES was 30' and you said that it is way too small. :wacko:
[QUOTE]IMO the ?knockback? effect radius could be a bit smaller. 30? is OK, but what about 20?, 15?, or even 10??[/QUOTE]
Good suggestion, thoug you must understand that I encounter a few probelms here. I can use only the existing projectiles (I already created a new one for the 50' radius ES effects, I really don't want to add more new), and we need very specific projectiles indeed (they must be invisible and ignore the center while affecting both opponents and allies). I wasn't able to find such a .pro file that is smaller than 30' radius.
[QUOTE]If it?s still too much you could just drop the stun and have unconsciousness from the start of the spell[/QUOTE]
No, that would look lame - imagine as the sorcerer "sleeps" at the middle of the storm... ^_^
[QUOTE]I also liked the original damage better:[/QUOTE]

Um, Rathwellin, its still the same, I never said I've changed it (4D10 +1D10 +1D10 +1D10=7D10).
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#143 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:49 PM

Hmm, what happened with the quotes..? :huh:
Posted Image

#144 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hmm. 50' for damage is good. Very good in fact.

As for the other effects ... given the limitations you mention why not just drop the spell failure? Keep the slow. And the damage and wind buffet alone ought to cause spell failure for most foes.

You could slow down the wind stuff too if it's still too powerful. Once every 5 or 7 seconds would work for me.

And no you can't quote me on that...

:P :D :lol: :blink:

#145 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

Oh, and TGM, thank you for considering our suggestions.

It is appricated even if you stick with the orginal.

...You too Littiz even if you want to smack me for trying to make things 'more powerful'.

:lol:

#146 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:10 PM

50' for damage is good. Very good in fact

As a final result, and because of balancing issues, it will be 40' for the damage effects and the spell failure (25%) and slow (save vs spells at -4).
The second radius (for Wing Buffet only) will be reduced to 20' radius. Uncounsciousness was dropped.
Anything else goes unchanged.

Oh, and TGM, thank you for considering our suggestions

Your welcome, but I'm not someone who cannot be convinced if I hear a nice (better) idea with a good reasoning to back it up ;) .
Posted Image

#147 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:49 AM

The modified files as well as the description have been sent to Littiz, so if he can find the time to include them before release, sorcerers will use the new version of ES in v1.
Posted Image

#148 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:52 AM

Sounds good!

#149 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

On a completely differnt tact I did some cross mod testing tonight. I went ahead and installed refinements over an install that I did a while back containing a few of the mods from Sorcerer's Pace.

Specifically I tried the one with loads of new kits. For the most part it looked like things were working fine. The Arcane Fist used the Monk HLA table and with refinements that was just sick. Similarly the Archer of Sylvanus Druid kit got just vanilla druid HLAs. I didn't see anything obviously broken in the interaction between the kits & refinements.

There were some issues with item useablility, but I was able to confirm that Refinements wasn't the cause. ONe of the item mods I installed did some odd stuff.

#150 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:27 PM

Nice news, we will have to further test compatibility issues for the future, but right now we seem to have reached an acceptable stage ;) .
Posted Image