Chloe - Behind the scenes concept question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -minotaur-

-minotaur-

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:10 AM

Just a quick question but I am really curious.

As NPC CHLOE is a MOD, how/where did you get the idea for her and how did she come to be? Was it tough getting her off the ground? And who chose that clown pic of her (no offense. In her big pic she looks great, in the small one she looks like a circus clown).

The lesbian angle is interesting, it is nice to see a more realistic adult romance that is original and fun without being x-rated...though the fact that CHLOE appears to hate any male NPC's is a bit of a letdown.

Last, did you use templates for CHLOE? She looks rather like Nalia.

Love her!

'Taur :ph34r:

#2 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:39 AM

If you are refering to her in-game avatar with this, that's because all female human class avatars look very similar (and not very good I might add ;) ), perhaps with the exception of the human female priest. The human female warrior avatar (Chloe) and human female thief avatar (Nalia) almost look the same, and they have similar hair colors. This becomes more apparent because Chloe doesn't wear armor.
I changed Chloe's appearance to elf female warrior with Shadokeeper and must say she looks much better this way :D

#3 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:19 PM

As NPC CHLOE is a MOD, how/where did you get the idea for her and how did she come to be?

Didn't I answer this in the FAQ? Well... in any case, at the time I started there were no romance options for gay chicks. There was Solaufein for the gay guys, Kelsey and Anomen for the straight chicks, and Aerie, Jaheira, Nalia, Tashia, and Viconia for the straight guys. But for gay chicks, we were out of luck. So after an unsuccessful attempt to convince some other person to rectify this situation I decided to take matters into my own hands and write one myself. So I did.

Was it tough getting her off the ground?

It took two years and 3 coders... so yeah.

And who chose that clown pic of her (no offense. In her big pic she looks great, in the small one she looks like a circus clown).

I did. It's not my fault that the war paint looks funny when shrunk. ;-)

The lesbian angle is interesting, it is nice to see a more realistic adult romance that is original and fun without being x-rated...though the fact that CHLOE appears to hate any male NPC's is a bit of a letdown.

Thanks. And she doesn't hate all men. She rather likes Keldorn and she has a love-hate relationship with Haer'dalis. She likes Minsc (but not Boo)... she doesn't hate Valygar but she likes teasing him... she doesn't hate Cernd, she only gets mad at him when he tries to abandon his son. She doesn't hate Jan but she doesn't like him either. But then... who does, other than players? ;) And she doesn't hate Yoshimo or Anomen either... they just annoy the hell out of her. The only npcs she really despises are Korgan and Edwin... can you blame her though? ;-)

Jolinar covered this fairly well.

Save a vampire. Give blood.