347 replies to this topic

#301 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

not being able to cross running water, except by being carried or over a bridge

Hmm, that actually would be good if the mod were to have a romance (it does have a romance, right?). I dunno, lovetalk material or something. Meh, I can't think straight in the morning...

Although I agree it would be a great opportunity for the more physical side of the romance if the PC had to carry her over a bridge at some point, as well as developing trust

It's not an unreasonable scenario. The issue of trust between Valen and the PC is something I have addressed in their "relationship" banters, although my approach is a bit different.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#302 Culain Mainframe

Culain Mainframe
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:47 AM

If you romance her, will there be flirts?

#303 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

If you romance her, will there be flirts?

There are some PC-initiated dialogs for the romance talk, but I wouldn't call it "flirting".

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 05 June 2005 - 12:31 PM.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#304 --zethre--

--zethre--

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:28 PM

I'm looking forward to this lots :) esp the romance

Have a good xmas Thorium :)

#305 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:17 PM

zethre wrote - I'm looking forward to this lots esp the romance

A romance would be great, in my opinion too, but unless I'm very much mistaken there is no romance planned for Valen. :crying:
But from what I have played with her she's so much fun and so much of a challenge that I don't think that the lack of a romance will detract from your game.

#306 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:40 AM

are you sure there isn't a romance? i thought thorium was coding it so you could chose to either have it or not when you install the mod. anyway probably for the best if the word romance is left out of any sentence with valen in it, just look at the thread.
God loves his children.

#307 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:10 AM

are you sure there isn't a romance? i thought thorium was coding it so you could chose to either have it or not when you install the mod. anyway probably for the best if the word romance is left out of any sentence with valen in it, just look at the thread.

Please don't code a romance it?s a lot of work and would destroy a great mod expansion. vampires don't do romance, well at least they don't get themselves into long term relationships. They are like junkies of the undead world, no friendship, no loyalty and NO romance, just a craving for blood nobody is exempt. Vamps will turn on anybody for a suck on a jugular :wub:

#308 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:13 AM

see this is my point about the bloody romance. no pun intended. and like i said from what i remember it's going to be optional. so no fret.
God loves his children.

#309 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:53 AM

see this is my point about the bloody romance. no pun intended. and like i said from what i remember it's going to be optional. so no fret.

Exactly. It's going to be optional so if you don't like the idea - just don't install romance part.
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."

#310 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:25 PM

Whoops! :wub: I missed all the romance discussion. I don't know how I overlooked that. I haven't been on this forum for a little while and the last I recalled I thought that so many people nay-sayed the idea that I thought it wouldn't happen.
I'm glad to be wrong! :D

#311 RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

in thorium we trust
God loves his children.

#312 -Tinde A'keis-

-Tinde A'keis-

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

Why vampire wouldn't have any romance? Ok I'm not truly aware of what vampire are in Dungeon & Dragon but there are many novel and role playing games with vampire characters which are in love with someone so why Valen shouldn't have one? Valen is a vampire and CHARNAME a living one, ok but CHARNAME is also an half god, the "God of Murder"'s child, someone who can transform him(her)self in some huge monster, so CHARNAME is also some kind of monster but CHARNAME can flirt with other characters in the game, so why Valen wouldn't be able to do it? She's a vampire, sure, but she can think and act by herself she's selfaware, even if she lost her soul it doesn't mean she can't have any feeling. If you say vampire can't love, ok why not... But the relationship she bonded with CHARNAME may start by the fact that he's somekind of monster too and it can evolved in something other than mere curiosity... Well maybe I've played to much "White Wolf" Vampire's games and read to much Anne Rice novel but actuely, most stories about vampires make them much more humans than mere monsters.

So pretty please :Bow: , I wanna have a romance...

#313 Krimmy

Krimmy
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:23 AM

No worries, the main reason for the Valen expansion is for the romance. I've been waiting since the mod was annouced and I check in to see how it's progressing every couple months. Keep up the good work Thorium we all appreciate it. :Bow:

#314 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

Why vampire wouldn't have any romance? Ok I'm not truly aware of what vampire are in Dungeon & Dragon but there are many novel and role playing games with vampire characters which are in love with someone so why Valen shouldn't have one? Valen is a vampire and CHARNAME a living one, ok but CHARNAME is also an half god, the "God of Murder"'s child, someone who can transform him(her)self in some huge monster, so CHARNAME is also some kind of monster but CHARNAME can flirt with other characters in the game, so why Valen wouldn't be able to do it? She's a vampire, sure, but she can think and act by herself she's selfaware, even if she lost her soul it doesn't mean she can't have any feeling. If you say vampire can't love, ok why not... But the relationship she bonded with CHARNAME may start by the fact that he's somekind of monster too and it can evolved in something other than mere curiosity... Well maybe I've played to much "White Wolf" Vampire's games and read to much Anne Rice novel but actuely, most stories about vampires make them much more humans than mere monsters.

I agree with you completely about the novels...besides all you need is a heart.

#315 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:07 AM

Romance is a broad term anyway. A romance would not necessary mean lots of mushy dialogue and actions. For that matter, it is not even necessary to base it on love.Even if it based on 'love', it still could be quite..'different' from normal love.

Love does not have to be nice at all.

I believe vampires can love to a certain extent..such as loving to rip ,in a most bloody way, through a group of mortals. Just as a Baatezu 'loves' tricking mortals in selling their souls, or just as a Morgh ' loves' killing in any way possible, and just as lich might 'love' to do rather painful experiments on his victims.

And so I also believe, a 'romance' could be simply based on respect for each other, not necessarily love.

Edited by Soul Harverster, 23 April 2006 - 04:11 AM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#316 Guthemuth

Guthemuth
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:14 AM

I agree with you completely about the novels...besides all you need is a heart.

I totally agree with both of you and if you take a look at the famous Bram Stokerīs Dracula you willl see all kind of sex, devotion, romance etc.

Edited by Guthemuth, 23 April 2006 - 05:15 AM.

#317 drae

drae
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:58 AM

I totally agree with both of you and if you take a look at the famous Bram Stokerīs Dracula you willl see all kind of sex, devotion, romance etc.

Well hate to break it to you, but that is Totally irrelevant since we ARE talking about D&D vampires here. Rember that vampires are dead creatures, that's right, DEAD. Hence, a romance would be very unfitting indeed. :(

But, since Thorium obviously doesn't agree on this point(:doh:) all I can do is pray that it doesn't get too cheesy (as well as optional).
So Thorium, just don't let the romance post-pone this great great project too long and release it soon. Pretty please. :wub:

#318 Soul Harverster

Soul Harverster
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:50 AM

Actually Libris Mortis (official WOTC product) has the half-vampire template in it. Besides that, in short, the book says that male vampires after having consumed enough blood can have an erection and impregnate somebody, which allows for certain assumptions for female vampires if they constantly feed enough.

Edited by Thorium Dragon, 02 May 2006 - 09:11 AM.

Do you seek great adventure? Great treasure? Immortal fame? Respect of your Peers?
If you answered ''yes!'' to any of these questions, you might have what it takes to enlist in...

THE GLORIOUS BAATEZU ARMY!

Benefits include:Competive Pay!Guaranteed promotions! Prompt payment-- you always get what you deserve! Excellent severance pay!Travel and meals(all you can eat)!
Why wait?Enlist now!See the Lower Planes!

#319 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

For 95% of my characters (the good-aligned ones) I'd run in terror from this thread, by virtue of its subject.

For the other 5% who think it's fun to run around Athkatla casting Gate, Meteor Swarm, Flesh to Stone, Death Spell, Finger of Death, Disintegrate, and slay living randomly, the Valen seduction (I am VERY hesitant to describe it as a romance) would probably think it great fun. Like the character who would be happy to keep Aerie's head as a chew toy for his shadow wolf pet.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#320 Cervantes de Leon

Cervantes de Leon
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:17 AM

I find Aerie so annoying most of the time that I wouldn't mind the 'chewing toy' part...

Now seriously - try to think more romantically! Love's supposed to overcome any obstacles, including being undead (it's not necrophilia is it? :D )

Erm, that was quite silly as well...
Chosen One: "But I AM the Chosen One"
Talking Head: "No, you're not"
Chosen One: "Yes, I AM"
Talking Head: "No, you are not"
(12 hours later)
"Yes, I AM"
"NO, YOU'RE... ah, very well, you ARE the Chosen One. Here, have this magic stone..."