Valen Romance

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#321 -corran001-

-corran001-

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

I don't know if you are already think to that but for seduce valen you can give to her your divine Blood and maybe whit the romance become a vampire. what do you think about hat?

#322 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

I personally prefer Valen being in awe (or what they call an impressed Vampire) of the Bhaalspawn's power and strength. I like the part that there will be more to know about her time with Bodhi (and hopefully a stronger Valen who challenge her former mistress without any remaining allegiance whatsoever).

When I first played with Valen, I found it odd that she didn't say much, except when it comes to certain talks with Nalias aunt, and more. However, she was fairly talkative when it came to Sarevok, seemingly impressed by him. An evil CHARNAME would surely be able to get the same reaction, even if Sarevok is a special case.

I hope for more dialogues, and hopefully some banter between Valen and the other npcs, that was the one thing I missed in the game.

Good luck with the mod. I'm looking forward to Valen. :Bow:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#323 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

Nice to see this forum still so lively :) and to think that the first message is from 2002

I know Valen has eternity on her side, but please RELEASE THE MOD :rtfm:

Few, nevermind I just had to spill it, take as much time as you want we'll play it anyway, this mod simply has the potential to be soooo interesting.

God knows how I hate editing or fixing .dlgs, making a mod dialogue heavy must be endless work.

From all "to be released mods" yours is one of the few I'll actually want to playtest :new_thumbs: and hey I've a very extrict policy of not touching a mod unless it has been out on the road for several motnhs.

And just to not be out of topic, I always hoped that she would make it to a romance, guess everything goes for Valen ^_^

Good luck and keep the train runnin Thorium!
...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#324 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:35 PM

I know, I keep checking here all the time. I can't wait for Valen! And I agree that the one thing I dearly miss with the current Valen is that she has no banters with other npcs. I hope also that there will be some cross-mod material, but that is a minor concern for now. But as I see it, there are many great npc mods and cross-mod would definately be a plus.
A romance for Valen will be great. I just cannot imagine that such a thing would be impossible! (Yes, I read Anne Rice). :)
I, for one, will definately be here when she's ready.

#325 Korbu

Korbu
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

Why not have a romance with Valen, u have a romance with Viccy (Viconia) who is evil
Monster Game

Posted Image

Korbu the Cruel, Korbu of Carpathia, Prince Davros Korbu Karnstein, Regent of The Sabbat

#326 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Why not have a romance with Valen, u have a romance with Viccy (Viconia) who is evil

Well, she's also a vampire; hence, it seems on the surface rather likely that she'd *ahem* love CHARNAME to death...

Or undeath. Whichever.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#327 Jeneara

Jeneara
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

I think the idea of a romance is a good idea.

Why because no one said romance had to be romantic.

PC "Valen out of the way"

Valen "How dare you order me around"

PC (draws sword) "I will strike you down wench if you don't move out of my way, you are not as needed as you think my dear."

Valen "Fool you dare draw your weapon upon me!" (Valen lanuches at the PC)

PC pushes her to the ground

PC "Be quiet child of the night or i shall silence you. Lets us be off."

Valen "Very well"

PC offers Valen his hand but she bats it away

Valen "Arrogant fool? Valen mutters as she picks herself up.

Now that only the PC strong side there would be times when she is in charge.

#328 -Mirrari-

-Mirrari-

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

First of all, thanks for keeping this mod alive.

Would you consider a romance between Valen and a female PC?

#329 --Alessia--

--Alessia--

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Had to do some digging to come up with this line: "If you really hate the idea of a romance- play a female PC, you'll never know it exists" from the developer.

Answers my question of 'will Valen romance a female character'.

I'd like to ask that this important piece of information be added to the FAQ if its still the case?

#330 --Durandan--

--Durandan--

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

I humbly second that request.

#331 -Wolf-

-Wolf-

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:51 AM

I humbly second that request.

I can't imagine Valen's character being bothered by something like gender (look at Bodhi -I refuse to believe they haven't been intimate together), humans/Bhaalspawn all have tasty blood (though Bhaalspawn supposedly have 'vintage blood') pumping through their veins after all.

#332 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Well, the part about the blood is true. Vampires do find 'the nectar of the Gods' very tempting. :cheers:
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#333 -Lady Neverwinter-

-Lady Neverwinter-

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Vampires are creatures of the night, and are such such seductive creatures

Romance with both Male and Females :devil:

#334 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

Read these, then I DARE you to say a Vampire Romance doesn't have extreme potential.

Even if the Vampire here is a good guy.

#335 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:38 AM

Read these, then I DARE you to say a Vampire Romance doesn't have extreme potential.

*These* are a couple of extremely bad novels. I'd understand if you were talking about "Interview with the Vampire"(movie, not a book), but Twilight novels suck big time. Worse than that Buffy thing... oh, what the hell, they're both horrible.

#336 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

*These* are a couple of extremely bad novels. I'd understand if you were talking about "Interview with the Vampire"(movie, not a book), but Twilight novels suck big time. Worse than that Buffy thing... oh, what the hell, they're both horrible.

... In your opinion. But yes, Buffy does suck.

I'm still all for this. Go ahead and create it whoever is doing it (I lose track), in the knowledge that I'll play it, regardless of it being a seduction or a romance.

And if it doesn't work out, a good Vampire might come along one day... *scribbles in notepad*

#337 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

Noo!!! Don't let ME be the one to kill the thread D:

EDIT: Damnit. Too late <_<

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 27 November 2008 - 02:02 AM.

#338 -Neane-

-Neane-

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

First off: It is possible for Vampires in D&D to have children. ( Found it out the hard way :blush: ) And Dragon knows best when it has to deal with Vampires that are called Valen. So he is the expert and the writer. And in my mind, I believe that the only romance for Females will based on the interaction between Bodhi and Valen. In the Weismer mod, Valen is ready to do anything for Bodhi to accept her back. ( Valen worships Bodhi due to Vampire Birth, Bodhi is Valen's "Mother" and anybodies interaction with Females is due to their relationship with their mother. And Valen is not a "Aerie" type of gal, she is smart and has earthly wisdom.) Also, Valen knows some "harlots" that have more character than the Lady of the Keep who's name I cannot remember.

In short: Valen's romance will be more complex than the male romance. :hug:

#339 Lurker of the north

Lurker of the north

Permanently temporary

• 97 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Necro-bumping about necro-humping, do we? ...it's just not koscher.
LotN

#340 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

I haven't read Twilight, and I don't really care to. Valen's weakness to sunlight will not be glowing (although God knows that would be a lot easier to code).

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion