Photo

Dark Blade Mod

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

Ahem Im new to the FW Forums but... Ive had this idea for awhile but I cant edit or program

Its for bg2 Shadows of Amn

Adds the Npcs Draven Klo'Nath, Cora Lightblade, and about 10 other npcs

Adds the kits LightBringer(paladin) Dark Knight of Ellistraee(cleric) Shadow Dancer(assassin) and others

New quests

And im open for ideas

As I said Im new here and I dont know much so if Im posting in the wrong place tell me

Draven.

#2 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

Welcome to the board, Draven.

That's the right place, so you can tell everyone about your ideas and expand on the NPCs you would like to develop, their personalities, place in the game and FR world and perhaps even snippets of dialogues etc, to make others interested :) The more details you will provide, the better/more useful feedback you will recieve.

So far I can only suggest droping the "Lightblade" from Cora's name, since it sounds a tad too flashy :lol: and, perhaps use one of the canon drow houses (if it is indeed drow) for your character (unless you are already doing so). A handy list can be found here:

http://php.iupui.edu...html#othernoble

I should caution you though that developping 12 new NPCs is a very writing heavy enterprise as you will need interactions among both new and 17 existing NPCs. For comaprison, BG1NPC mod (more than a year in development) had 20+ people staff to cope with 25 NPCs. :lol:

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:12 PM

Drop ligthblade?? Ok Shes a human paladin so Ill need a different last name Anyone got any suggestions all I know is drow last names

#4 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:41 PM

well there wont be too many npcs 5 at max but its gonna be a fairly large file Because I never was satisfied with npc mods out there theres also gonna be a romance between Draven and Cora and there will be one romancable Half elven cleric/mage out there but im still open for ideas

#5 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

Here is what I have so far people correct me if what im planning isnt possible

Dark Knight Of Ellistraee(fighter)

Advantages

Can attain Grand Mastery with Bastard Sword and Long Sword

Gain Invocation spells

Can cast darkness faerie fire and dancing lights 3 times a day(All new spells)

Disadvantages

Must be Elf or half elf
Can onyl wield long sword or bastard sword with any skill
must be chaotic good
The same penalties a paladin faces as well

Improved Find Familiar

This Spell is much like the average find familiar spell with few changes

First of all it Summons a infant dragon according to your alignment as follows

Gold Dragon- Lawful good
Silver Dragon-Neutral Good
Bronze Dragon-Chaotic Good
Blue Dragon-Lawful Neutral
Rainbow Dragon-True Neutral
Red Dragon-Chaotic Neutral
Black Dragon-Lawful Evil
Green Dragon- Neutral Evil
Red Dragon-Chaotic Evil

As you grow In levels the dragon grows Ie: Gets stronger and better hp and such

Faerie Fire: Outlines an enemie in magical Harmless flames giving them a -3 armor class penalty

Darkness-Blinds the enemy and renders you invisible for 3 turns however due to the darkness the enemy gains a +3 armor class bonus

Dancing Lights: Confuses the enemy and stuns them the stun is for one round confuse is for 5

Ill write up the npcs next I just need to know if this is possible

#6 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:17 PM

As of now I am having the folks at Bregan D'aerthe (bg2 clan) but only certain ones that wanna work on it Helping me out but I would appreciate anyone out there that wants to add their thoughts I would appreciate it Ive  been playing bg2 for about 4 years  and I occasionally play P&P D&D and Ill be adding plenty of kits but as my Friend Gromph{BD} Said ive gotta get working so anyone thats interested just drop a line

#7 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:05 PM

Here is what I have so far people correct me if what im planning isnt possible

Dark Knight Of Ellistraee(fighter)

Advantages

Can attain Grand Mastery with Bastard Sword and Long Sword

Gain Invocation spells

Can cast darkness faerie fire and dancing lights 3 times a day(All new spells)

Disadvantages

Must be Elf or half elf
Can onyl wield long sword or bastard sword with any skill
must be chaotic good
The same penalties a paladin faces as well

Improved Find Familiar

This Spell is much like the average find familiar spell with few changes

First of all it Summons a infant dragon according to your alignment as follows

Gold Dragon- Lawful good
Silver Dragon-Neutral Good
Bronze Dragon-Chaotic Good
Blue Dragon-Lawful Neutral
Rainbow Dragon-True Neutral
Red Dragon-Chaotic Neutral
Black Dragon-Lawful Evil
Green Dragon- Neutral Evil
Red Dragon-Chaotic Evil

As you grow In levels the dragon grows Ie: Gets stronger and better hp and such

Faerie Fire: Outlines an enemie in magical Harmless flames giving them a -3 armor class penalty

Darkness-Blinds the enemy and renders you invisible for 3 turns however due to the darkness the enemy gains a +3 armor class bonus

Dancing Lights: Confuses the enemy and stuns them the stun is for one round confuse is for 5

Ill write up the npcs next I just need to know if this is possible

What is the underlying idea of this kit? something like an eldritch knight? So does he have the thaco of a fighter? And why only longsword and bastardsword, perhaps it is more logical to be able to become grand master in all swords and only proficient in the other weapons.

What do you mean with restrictions of paladin? That he may not drop in reputation? Cause you want it to be CG so doesn't have paladins restriction to be LG.

Don't know if you are the only one who is coding this mod. Cause I'm busy with a mod with 3 npc's and quests and I tell you it takes longer then you think.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#8 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:54 PM

I n the whole reputation thing because the church off ellistraee is good aligned maybe ranger restrictions would be better

#9 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:55 PM

And those are the weapons the church prefers

#10 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:01 AM

I know itll take ages to complete but IVe got the time and the will to put it thruAnd with a mod of this magnitude its gonan result in many coffee lit evenings

#11 Draven Klo'Nath

Draven Klo'Nath
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

BOys and Gir4ls ive decided to leave FW Forums after learning this forum thing aint for me I dont like the wait but eventually out there youll see my mods just look for "Darkblade Industries" Im out

thanks to the two people that tried to help this stubborn drow make his Shit crap whatever you wanna call it

#12 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:48 PM

What do you think he means by wait?

#13 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:26 PM

No clue, perhaps he thought of being more like IRC (?). He didn`t seem too coherent.