Photo

Another romance NPC

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Another romance NPC (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Another romance NPC

1. yes (30 votes [61.22%])

Percentage of vote: 61.22%

2. no (10 votes [20.41%])

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

3. don't care (9 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 10:01 AM

Only start making a mod if you are perfectly content to be the only person who plays it. Then you will neither be dissappointed w 50 downloads in three weeks (happened before), nor abandon it after you get 0 posts on your forum/thread for two weeks (happens all the time).

That is a perfectly valid point. You should be prepared to suffer a lot of abuse (from others) and dedicate a lot of your life and endurance to this cause, I think. Going on your own steam you will find out that people may join in after a while, but the thing is it is your call in the end, cheerers and critics aside. The joy is in the making which is almost zen.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#42 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:46 AM

And writing it should be fun. Ok, occasionally writing stuff like interjections isn't fun, but for the most part if shouldn't feel like work.

*Giggles* Yeah...right. Lol, I usually do better when I treat it like one more project to manage; then you neither burn yourself out by trying to do all at once, nor leave it for too long of a time untouched. Fun is fun, but if you are not organized/do not have deadlines, goals, do lists and proper pacing, you'll end up sitting on it until the end of time, just doing fun stuff and skipping other bits.

#43 Zulrik

Zulrik
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

i know what everyone means. i enjoy writing, do it all the time. but i have a tendency to start a story or what have you and leave it for dead, thats how i found this and a few others lying around. this way i will finish no matter what :) . i get too many ideas in my head and as soon as i start a new one i loose track of the old ones. damn my imagination :angry: .

and i suffer abuse all the time, this would make no differance whatsoever :)
This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this.
~Charlie Brown

RPGDungeon

#44 Zandilar

Zandilar
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

Heya,

I have problems with the basic concept of the character.

When a human becomes a vampire, they become undead. For all intents and purposes they actually physically die. The curse "snap shots" the body in the condition it was in, and aging stops.

What would happen to a baby do you think? I have a couple of theories...

1) The vampire's body rejects the foetus as a foriegn object. That ends that. :)

or

2) The baby becomes vampiric in utero. Which is to say, it dies, gets a load of its mother's blood via the placenta, and becomes undead. Aging stops - so no further development of the foetus, and it relies on the blood its mother ingests. (Quite a horrifying thought, that, being pregnant forever!)

Lastly, I very much doubt if a bunch of vampires would honestly want to turn a mere baby into a vampire... The trouble is the one I mentioned above. When a human is bitten, drained, and forced to drink of a vampire's blood, they become undead. Aging stops. A baby would remain a baby forever... which would be quite a liability in the long run, and I'm sure after a certain amount of time as a vampire, the mother would get sick of having to look after it.

Just some thoughts. :) Don't let them stop you. :)

(As for stats? WHO CARES!! :) The stats, as they stand, are fine IMHO.)

#45 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

Do her as a romancable npc ! There can never be too many!
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn

#46 Zulrik

Zulrik
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 10:30 AM

i'd practicaly forgoten about this thread.

thanks Zandilar, you info has been noted. it has changed quite a bit anyway, but still follows the same lines

Do her as a romancable npc ! There can never be too many!

my sentiments exactly :)
This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this.
~Charlie Brown

RPGDungeon

#47 Urborg Vengrath

Urborg Vengrath
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:22 PM

New NCPs, especially ones that are/become villianious, are always welcome in my book. As for romance, go for it. Whats wrong with mingling a little lovin' with your blood? My cup is deep enough for both.

The hole concept of being the child of a Vampire needs a little working. You may wish to have the mother turned after the pregnacy or the night of the NCP was to be boren. A little Marvel comic-like, but it worked for Blade.
I shall consume the living and the dead.

#48 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:23 AM

You know what? (I know You don't taht is why I will tell You :D ) I would like to see a new romance in the game but...it would have to be done perfectly. I am not thrilled when I see another NPC who will say something about his/hers problems, cry a bit and then the PC has to hug him/her and they fall in love... <_< Typical.
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#49 kirkjobsluder

kirkjobsluder
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:02 AM

When a human becomes a vampire, they become undead. For all intents and purposes they actually physically die. The curse "snap shots" the body in the condition it was in, and aging stops.

Hrm, there actually was a recent Dragon article detailing abilities of half-undead and demi-undead characters. Their view of half-vampires is more like the Marvel Comic's blade. Given my profound antipathy for vampires as overworked, trite, and lame narrative devices, I was more interested in the half-zombie and the half-ghoul. Worth looking at with the caveat that everything written for and about D&D except for the copyright notice is a guideline, not a mandate.

#50 Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen

Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:43 PM

I think she would be a good character to communicate with.Vampire parents? would she be a vampire ? Romance is good, maybe one where they support your major issues and not have you always comfort and help them deal with their shortcomings. After you help Anoman with his sister dieing dilemma , which made me feel like I was in a soap opera, the rest of the romance was like a romance novel and in the end he melodramaticly says I must leave my own dark heart demands it!?? :mellow: That was probally the line in the whole game! I would play a male just to play a good romance , they are needed :lol: It would be a good idea... ;) :wacko: I rant alot :lol:

#51 Zulrik

Zulrik
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:27 AM

what is writen in the first post is now only a vague outline of the story

the romance does involve a sadness, and tears. but that isnt why they will fall in love. she isnt exactly a vampire, but will have a slight mingling of blood and new abilities that i consider a vampire may posses. ack, no soap opera. the dialogue may be sufficient enough for evil characters to romance her even though she's good. i find that i always play a good character, but many of the evil answers are how i would reply

rant away :)

Edited by Zulrik, 08 May 2004 - 03:28 AM.

~Charlie Brown

RPGDungeon

#52 Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen

Twlight Dancer the Vampire Queen
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:08 AM

Maybe she could be half vampire and then she would age but also have part in the curse. :huh: ^_^