Photo

is it a question of taste

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:59 AM

I would not call either Valygar or Keldorn handsome - personal opinion only, please, no need to argue about that.

You want the reader to feel anything other than something ranging from discomfort to revulsion, right? This reasoning would, therefore, certainly preclude Jan

Any GF would have your hide for this reasoning in real life, you superficial twits, if you were a man. :D If you cannot see romance but for the fair and beautiful (twens I must ad from the age discussion :P), another point for those visitors (ok, would be just me I guess). Another redundancy for RL. hehe Then again according to the RL spillover rule set forth here (even if only implied under cover), Minsc should be a good stud. :P

*pouts* I actiually meant that they do not have to be handsome to be attractive...after all I did write Valygar's romance, you know :D

#82 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:50 AM

I don't exactly see stories written about copyrighted and/or trademarked characters being published professionally, except without express permission of the owners of the copyright and/or trademark... (And usually they have creative control over what the characters may or may not do, and homosexuality isn't exactly accepted... yet.)

http://www.amazon.co...=glance&s=books

Perhaps an exception to the rule, but certainly the profesionally written and published slash of all slashes. You might get a kick out of it. ;)

#83 Sharess

Sharess
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:33 PM

I was teasing; no hostility was intended.

(warm smile) I understood that, Bob, and I certainly took no offense. I am a creature of insatiable curiousities and thought there might have been something more to your jest; a larger truth, if you will. With regard to your writing, I didn't mean to say that men don't write about men; I was headed in another direction. I can only assume, however, that wasn't your writing you linked.

Bren, I am tickling my muse in an attempt to come up with an introductory piece for this NPC. It feels more like a milestone, for whatever reason, so I am trying to just let it come. When it does, this post is where it will appear. (wink)

Any GF would have your hide for this reasoning in real life, you superficial twits, if you were a man.

(sly grin) Any girlfriend worth her salt would understand the reasoning and not dismiss it based merely on the claimants gender. Unless, of course, the claimant was indeed sexist themselves. Isn't it funny how easily a man can be labeled as such, when we all ...appreciate attractive people. I've had my moments of being swept away by devastating beauty... and some, not so devastating, but equally delicous.

Domi, (chuckle) Pouting becomes you. While it is certainly true that 'ugly is to the bone', my point about Jan still stands. They still have to be attractive to be interesting, yes?

Zandilar, you've written female erotica but no femslash? Wait, I don't really want to know the answer. Has any of this erotica seen the light of day? At your discretion, I would certainly be interesting in browsing a piece or two.

I suppose slash is unappealing to me because it defies the image I have of the male NPC's in question and, ultimately, because most of what I have seen is spoof. I do know that it is not because I have anything against homosexual sex (as it is, in fact, quite arousing... probably for the same reasons lesbian sex is arousing to men).
...I long to hear her moan
For I can be wicked...
Longing (self-angst) '94

#84 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

Domi, (chuckle) Pouting becomes you. While it is certainly true that 'ugly is to the bone', my point about Jan still stands. They still have to be attractive to be interesting, yes?

Probably disagree. I was very strongly in love with a man who had quite unattractive face once. And I co-authered a fan-fiction where Jan was playing a rather romantic role. :)

#85 -Sharess lurks-

-Sharess lurks-

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

I was very strongly in love with a man who had quite unattractive face once. 

Ah. I see I misunderstood your use of handsome and attractive in the same sentance; handsome is pleasing to look at, whereas attractive would be more than that -- it is more than physical characteristics that make one attractive.

#86 Bren

Bren
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

@Sharess - All great works take time.

@Domi - And if I might add, you did an excellent job with the Corthala Romantique.

#87 -G to the uest-

-G to the uest-

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

maybe too late to suggest a class but the bard kits wouldnt be too bad for a bi-girl

#88 Zandilar

Zandilar
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:01 AM

Heya,

Zandilar, you've written female erotica but no femslash?  Wait, I don't really want to know the answer.  Has any of this erotica seen the light of day?  At your discretion, I would certainly be interesting in browsing a piece or two.

I suppose slash is unappealing to me because it defies the image I have of the male NPC's in question and, ultimately, because most of what I have seen is spoof.  I do know that it is not because I have anything against homosexual sex (as it is, in fact, quite arousing... probably for the same reasons lesbian sex is arousing to men).

In fact, I do write femmeslash... I have some publicly published, and some privately published (private mailing list's archive, in fact)... It's Knights of the Old Republic (PC/Bastila) and Alien Ressurection (Ripley/Call). :) I have other things - Baldur's Gate (PC/Imoen, Jaheira/Viconia), Xena (guess who), Babylon 5 (Ivanova/Talia Winters), Neverwinter Nights (PC/Aribeth), general Forgotten Realms (The Seven Sisters (various parings and not with each other, except for one story), Alusair/Caladnei) - that were either never completed or just never saw the light of day online... The NWN fic was actually posted to the Bioware boards back in the day, but I never did complete it. :(

As for just erotica? Hmmm... I have one piece of a rather BDSM nature that probably won't see the light of day since I'm pretty conflicted over it, and it deals with a pair of characters who are in a novel I've been working on for a while. :)

#89 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:23 AM

I was very strongly in love with a man who had quite unattractive face once. 

Ah. I see I misunderstood your use of handsome and attractive in the same sentance; handsome is pleasing to look at, whereas attractive would be more than that -- it is more than physical characteristics that make one attractive.

Then we are in full agreement :) Except I think that Jan is often overlooked as an interesting, if very difficult to develop romantic option. There is depth and loyalty in this clown, which is only partially revealed by Lissa's quest ;)

#90 Sharess

Sharess
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:27 AM

As for just erotica? Hmmm... I have one piece of a rather BDSM nature that probably won't see the light of day since I'm pretty conflicted over it, and it deals with a pair of characters who are in a novel I've been working on for a while.

A novel, you say... My how the plot just continues to thicken around you. Well that's a shame about the story; if you ever change your mind, you do know where I can be found. I wonder how well one of Domi's pouts would work in this situation.

Domi, I was going to mention that the Lissa episode brings to the fore one of his, if not his only, admirable character trait. While they do say there's someone for everyone, I cannot image who that would be for him... nor do I want to.

After the lust is gone, I still want someone I can look at. (wry grin)
...I long to hear her moan
For I can be wicked...
Longing (self-angst) '94