Comments on "Rush Of Blood To The Head"

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:27 PM

Theodur! :D

Nice additions. Your rag-tag group is ready for the 'big one', it seems. Poised for what comes next. Exciting stuff even as we know the game, but we also see your spark of originality injected into your story here. You effectively lead us down this path of knowing, but not knowing. ;)

A great read from my most favorite 'jurist'. ;) EVERYONE go read this now!!!! :turnip2:

MG

#42 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:11 PM

Theodur!  :D

Nice additions.  Your rag-tag group is ready for the 'big one', it seems.  Poised for what comes next.  Exciting stuff even as we know the game, but we also see your spark of originality injected into your story here.  You effectively lead us down this path of knowing, but not knowing.  ;) 

Thanks! Yeah, slowly moving towards Irenicus, but there is still one nasty little dragon to take care of...

A great read from my most favorite 'jurist'.  ;)  EVERYONE go read this now!!!!  :turnip2: 

MG

Oh, so the story has been Turnip-Approved now? Yay! :D

Thanks, MG! :)

#43 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

More than one, Theo... Definitely more than one turnip....

:turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip:

Minimum... ;)

MG

#44 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:15 AM

More than one, Theo... Definitely more than one turnip....

:turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip:

Minimum... ;)

MG

Oh. My. God.

It's raining turnips!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks, MG! ;)

#45 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:04 PM

While your style is normaly not something i would read, i have to say i quite enjoyed the way you told the story
a good way of bringing the charichters to life :D

#46 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:54 AM

While your style is normaly not something i would read, i have to say i quite enjoyed the way you told the story
a good way of bringing the charichters to life :D

Thank you! :)

#47 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

Ahh, Theo... I like the Rush. I know you know I do. ;)

I remember I somehow expected Jaheira to rip off Edwin's head while on search for an Inn. :D

*teehee* Though the reason is a rather tragic one :(

#48 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

Ahh, Theo... I like the Rush. I know you know I do. ;)

I remember I somehow expected Jaheira to rip off Edwin's head while on search for an Inn. :D

*teehee* Though the reason is a rather tragic one :(

Thanks, Bey! Yes... there are some heavy personality clashes in this group... and amazingly, Edwin and Jaheira get along reasonably well (her patience can be enormous, I swear :rolleyes: ) when compared to others... ;)

#49 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

Every time you post, Theo, it's like I can go over and 'pick up' one of my favorite books, settle in, and indulge myself. The more I read, the more I enjoy... :D

Terrific continuation of the re-taking of Suldanessellar, but especially the meeting of Demin and her telling of the origin of Irenicus as we know him 'now'.

Your intent of building your reader's dislike for the elfin disposition of Irenicus and Bodhi was well done, as I found myself voicing the same words as Immy in the following passage:

?Err? indeed? so how come he still lives?? I ask Demin, knowing that I probably won?t like the answer.

?It fell to Queen Ellesime to judge the crime, and she was very harsh. Having forsaken everything elven, they would be outcast so they might learn how precious our ways are,? Demin explains.

?Err? so? um? she just cast them out of the city so that they could wreak havoc elsewhere?? Imoen looks at Demin, slightly stunned.

The other party member reactions to what appeared to be near irresponsible behavior on part of Queen Ellesime (and the Council) with the 'punishment' meted out for said crimes against the elfin race was quite understandable as well. My initial thought in-game (and then reinforced upon reading RUSH) was, 'how could they [elfin community] be so arrogant to think that being disenfranchised could be the end-all answer to an act of such magnitude? I think perhaps one of the unspoken questions from players (and readers alike) is "How stupid could they be in thinking he wouldn't regroup and return?" Underestimation at its epitomy. ;)

I have to admit to secretly chuckling at Edwin's most, er, overt reaction to the perceived 'slights' of being a simple human -- quick draw Eddie, I think he has now earned the name. Again, a nice touch for helping readers vent that frustration.

Great additions, my friend.. Looking forward to the continuation. A bushel of turnips for you? :turnip: :turnip: Did you know Og, our resident caveman writer discovered the turnip? And did you know that it is rumored Og is a far distant ancestor of Jan Jansen? Yep, I have it on gooooooood authority.. ;)

And a bushel of hugs goes here, too .... :D

MG

#50 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:20 AM

Every time you post, Theo, it's like I can go over and 'pick up' one of my favorite books, settle in, and indulge myself.  The more I read, the more I enjoy... :D

Terrific continuation of the re-taking of Suldanessellar, but especially the meeting of Demin and her telling of the origin of Irenicus as we know him 'now'.

Thank you for the praise, MG! I am glad that I manage to make this (what was supposed to be a rumination of the game-dialogue) sound interesting. :)

Your intent of building your reader's dislike for the elfin disposition of Irenicus and Bodhi was well done, as I found myself voicing the same words as Immy in the following passage:

?Err? indeed? so how come he still lives?? I ask Demin, knowing that I probably won?t like the answer.

?It fell to Queen Ellesime to judge the crime, and she was very harsh. Having forsaken everything elven, they would be outcast so they might learn how precious our ways are,? Demin explains.

?Err? so? um? she just cast them out of the city so that they could wreak havoc elsewhere?? Imoen looks at Demin, slightly stunned.

The other party member reactions to what appeared to be near irresponsible behavior on part of Queen Ellesime (and the Council) with the 'punishment' meted out for said crimes against the elfin race was quite understandable as well. My initial thought in-game (and then reinforced upon reading RUSH) was, 'how could they [elfin community] be so arrogant to think that being disenfranchised could be the end-all answer to an act of such magnitude? I think perhaps one of the unspoken questions from players (and readers alike) is "How stupid could they be in thinking he wouldn't regroup and return?" Underestimation at its epitomy. ;)

Yes, you summed it up very nicely and I pretty much agree with it all. I suppose I could find some justifications for what Ellesime did and perhaps on some level sympatise with her - after all being a judge to the man she claimed to love had put her in a very difficult position. Unfortunately, Theo and his group find it very hard to see these justifications, because they have suffered terribly because of her decision.

I have to admit to secretly chuckling at Edwin's most, er, overt reaction to the perceived 'slights' of being a simple human -- quick draw Eddie, I think he has now earned the name.  Again, a nice touch for helping readers vent that frustration.

Indeed, and it was in a way a chance to vent for the characters themselves... my only objection is that the outlet of the anger was directed at an innocent woman who was also put in a difficult position in having to explain herself for the criminal negligence of her queen.

Great additions, my friend..  Looking forward to the continuation.  A bushel of turnips for you?  :turnip:  :turnip:  Did you know Og, our resident caveman writer discovered the turnip?  And did you know that it is rumored Og is a far distant ancestor of Jan Jansen?  Yep, I have it on gooooooood authority..  ;) 

I've noticed the flood of root vegetables overflowing this forum as of late... there must be several Jansens at work here, I suspect... :)

And a bushel of hugs goes here, too ....  :D

MG

Thank you, MG... really missed those... :D

#51 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Hey Theodur! I've always been interested in reading 'Rush' even on the old forum... I guess I feel like MG, just coming along to revisit a favourite book!
Well, I just recently read the newest updates (and a few of my old favourites :D ) in one sitting, and I've got to say, Theodur, well done! Like others, I just love the human way that you portray all of this, and I like Immy and Viccy's interesting relationship as well... you really show all of the characters well. Even Edwin chucking a fit and trying to kill Demin was good!
I, however, will not refrain from the MORE PLZ!!!!

:lol:

:turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2: :turnip: :turnip2:

You deserve them!!! :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#52 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:47 AM

Hey Theodur! I've always been interested in reading 'Rush' even on the old forum... I guess I feel like MG, just coming along to revisit a favourite book!
Well, I just recently read the newest updates (and a few of my old favourites  :D ) in one sitting, and I've got to say, Theodur, well done! Like others, I just love the human way that you portray all of this, and I like Immy and Viccy's interesting relationship as well... you really show all of the characters well. Even Edwin chucking a fit and trying to kill Demin was good!
I, however, will not refrain from the MORE PLZ!!!!

There's no reason to, really. :) Am glad to hear that you've enjoyed the story. I like my characters to appear human and not always omnipotent... nice to hear that it comes off that way. And there will be more to follow, be sure of it.

I've been reading "Cry" as well, but unfortunately haven't caught up with it... though I liked what I saw - I like the original stuff a lot. Though you scared the hell out of me with Jaheira's death and subsequent resurrection scene... :blink: :(

:lol: 

:turnip:  :turnip2:  :turnip:  :turnip2:  :turnip:  :turnip2:  :turnip:  :turnip2:  :turnip:  :turnip2:

You deserve them!!!  :)

*is buried under a barrage of turnips*

:D

Thanks for reading! :)